• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

İlkay Gündoğan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Rice and Gundogan?
excited hanna marin GIF

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Class player indeed.

But when I have been given the possibility of Fellaini before this, its kinda like finding out Pamela Anderson is interested after finding out you possibly might be banging Lisa Ann.

But knowing Arsenal's MO, you most likely to end up with Susan Boyle.

LOL

Fellaini is more akin to Susan Boyle than Lisa Ann I would say.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'm torn on this one, of course we could sign a better profile in terms of age and potential, but Gundogan would add so much experience to this side which would help in the CL and PL. On top of this, he perfectly suits our system in the role Xhaka has been playing. Even more so.

If we sign Rice and Gundogan I'm not gonna be complaining at all. Only concern is we then have three 30+ year old CMs in the side in Jorginho, Partey and Gundogan.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'm torn on this one, of course we could sign a better profile in terms of age and potential, but Gundogan would add so much experience to this side which would help in the CL and PL. On top of this, he perfectly suits our system in the role Xhaka has been playing. Even more so.

If we sign Rice and Gundogan I'm not gonna be complaining at all. Only concern is we then have three 30+ year old CMs in the side in Jorginho, Partey and Gundogan.

Going into this summer, the aim was to improve and rejuvenate the midfield, emphasis on making it younger. I just don’t see how adding Jorginho and Gundogan in consecutive windows is part of a strategy to build a super team to rival City?

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction

dont forget Elneny 😭

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Going into this summer, the aim was to improve and rejuvenate the midfield, emphasis on making it younger. I just don’t see how adding Jorginho and Gundogan in consecutive windows is part of a strategy to build a super team to rival City?
Thats what informs my concern with Gundogan, but you can argue that our age profile in our attack and defence is so good, that we can afford to bring in a Gundogan and maybe buy another CM in a couple years to replace him and the other 2 mentioned.

Rice and Ødegaard are 2 CMs who will be mainstay starters- in terms of the first XI midfield it would just cause concern in 1 position I guess.

But yeh theres definitely ways to be smarter in the market. I just don't think that signing people like Kudus for example (see his name mentioned here a lot) raises our level any time soon, if we want to propel ourselves into a top side quite quickly then we need proven players, admittedly sometimes they can come much younger than this...

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

I'm torn aswell.

I think he's a phenomenal player, but i think his flaws would get highlighted in our team, whereas at City, they get covered. Even in the cup final, you could see he doesn't have the legs to keep up with players with or without the ball. This would be my main concern, especially when Zinchenko goes roaming. Xhaka is at the peak of his fitness, he can get up and down.

Having said that, experience is invaluble, especially in midfield. He'd be able to play both LCM and cover for Ødegaard if needed. He's never been the quickest anyway and is such an intelligent player, he could go at the top level for at least 2 or 3 more years.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Torn about what, it's a no brainer.

It only raises doubts because there is no real reason for him to come to Man City B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom