Improved forum speed

Discussion in 'Noticeboard' started by Anonymous, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All

I've just completed a week of testing where the static content (images, stylesheets, etc.) for the forum are being delivered from CacheFly, who are a content distributor.

The benefit of this is that CacheFly will determine where you are on the planet and deliver Arsenal-Mania content from the closest server to you, improving page load times.

CacheFly are one of the bigger CDNs on the Internet and I have to say that it has been pretty stable so far.

If any of you do notice slow-downs, or missing images, please let me know.

Thanks.

2. nazo

nazo New Member Elite

I have to say, i've noticed the site has been alot faster since you updated it. Keep up the great work ;)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All

I've just moved some more static content onto the site's CDN. If you notice any missing images or broken pages style or Javascript-wise, please let me know.

4. Voldemort

Voldemort New Member

Sometimes the Advertisement tends to load above the Main Header for me,will try to get you a pic if happens next time. :)

5. clichy22

clichy22 New Member

It really is noticeably quicker :D

6. InWengerWeTrust

InWengerWeTrust New Member

Its lightning quick, great upgrade - I appreciate the work you've obviously put in.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup, you're not the first person to mention it, but I can't re-create the problem my end so have no idea what I have to fix!

The only thing I can ask is for you to let me know the ad that's appearing, and what browser and OS you're using.

8. Voldemort

Voldemort New Member

My Firefox Version is 2.0.0.15 and OS is Win XP SP 2

The Ads are of various kinds(Zathlete,safaridicor,iht,citigold),I have got this image if you would like to see :)

Link

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's horrible. I would recommend upgrading your version of Firefox - it's quite old.

10. I would recommend increasing your internet speed if advertisments are loading quicker.

The complete page loads for me in a second.

11. dodge

dodge New Member

Am I the only ONE experiencing issues with the speed of this site. I'm frustrated so please look into this as a matter of urgency.

In the last week, I used Mania on IE7, Firefox, Safari, Chrome...I click on something and it takes heck of a time to load the page or open a thread or anything. And browsing other web pages is lightning quick cause I upgraded internet speed from 10 to 20Mb in September.

Any quick fixes to my problem, Jonathon?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dodge, who are your ISPs?

13. dodge

dodge New Member

Thanks for a prompt reply..

Virgin Media

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you try this other URL and see if they load slowly as well?

<a class="postlink" href="http://deliveriesfirst.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://deliveriesfirst.com</a>

It's hosted on the same server so I can gauge where the issue is.

15. dodge

dodge New Member

It's slower on Firefox compared to other browers, loaded in 2 secs on Chrome. Tried 3 different times, don't ask me why :D

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But it wasn't as slow as Mania?

17. dodge

dodge New Member

Not at all, it loaded very fast.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay, it seems to be a problem that is just isolated to Mania.

Can you clear your cache, disable Javascript and see if that works?

19. dodge

dodge New Member

Cleared cache, history, forms, cookies, etc. but not disabled the Javascript. I noticed it's enabled on Mozilla FF, Safari & Chrome, don't know where to check on IE7. I'd like to know how's that going to affect if I disable itt, I mean the non-Mania browsing that requires J-script to run a page smoothly?

I'm on Firefox now, the worst of all browsers before clearing cache. It's too early to comment but yes, the page is loading very fast.

Thank you.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Excellent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.