Improved forum speed

Discussion in 'Noticeboard' started by Anonymous, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farrukh

farrukh New Member

I was wondering why I wasn't getting pop ups anymore!! :)

2. Stevo the Villan

Stevo the Villan Well-Known Member

Me too.

For what it's worth guys, I've visited a lot of fan sites (yours is the only one I've signed up to though, bar the Villa one of course) and this is definitely one of the best run ones, and one of the best formats too.

Keep it up and you won't get rid of me!

3. RichardS

RichardS New Member

Thank you :)

4. TomasCR

TomasCR New Member Trusted

Just out of curiosity, was anyone else having the same problem of not being able to log in in the last three hours? If it´s just me or not?

5. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Arse Emeritus Administrator

I couldn't load the 'site for a bit Tomas, though I hadn't been trying for three hours. I thought the place had gone under because we had signed Arshavin, but alas.

6. Classy_Gunner

Classy_Gunner New Member

Yeh. I had the same problem aswell and i was getting so annoyed as im in love with this site.

7. True Gooner

True Gooner New Member Elite

:lol:

Same here.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The site went down for three hours and I'm looking into the problem. Apologies for the inconvenience.

9. NIPOLOPO

NIPOLOPO New Member

Just wanted to thank A-M's staff for sorting out match days clogging issue, I haven't had one for a longtime now, and the speed of website has improved quite drastically. I know.. I know.. we nitpick the website a lot, but it's good sometimes to acknowledge and show our appreciation for the work that has been done and hopefully we could get an "off-topic section" as well in near future. :wink:
    thanks for the hard work nonetheless.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All

We are experiencing very high levels of traffic (we've breached the 1000-mark on the forum already) and I'm monitoring the load on the servers.

The site may be a bit slow, so please be patient.

Thanks.

11. dodge

dodge New Member

Arshavin Mania methinks.

12. dodge

dodge New Member

Jon, you sound like Arséne WENGER when you say 'please be patient.'

Site is painfully slow, (cache, cookies emptied, etc) any update for us!?

Congrats to everyone, crossed the 1K mark on the forum- site is getting famous. And congrats to everyone in The Lobby we made 12K posts i.e. 400+ pages on Arshavin Soap Opera in 4 weeks!

13. bradleywalrus

bradleywalrus New Member

Long live the lobby(even though a lot of those posts were about Russian ladies, hairy arses, the economic situation etc.) Long live the lobby, a very underrated home everyone seems to want to leave it, a bit like leaving Arsenal to Barca but really arsenal is great!

14. alboots101

alboots101 Well-Known Member

you forgot the news thing bradley.

15. bradleywalrus

bradleywalrus New Member

I didn't read all 400 pages :D

16. alboots101

alboots101 Well-Known Member

i fkin lived all 400 odd.

17. AnthonyG

'Site's been a bit 'sticky' lately, no? Apart from the two big crashes, it sometimes takes a while to load or just goes out for a bit.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The hard drive on the server hosting the site had crashed, but I've managed to recover as much of the data as possible.

We've been having some intermittent problems for abit and have attributed it to this dying hard drive.

I'm doing some more checks to verify that everything else is working okay.

19. AnthonyG

OK, sounds rough. Just say when and we'll 'pass the hat' to replace that bad boy. :wink:

20. True Gooner

True Gooner New Member Elite

I blame Eboue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.