• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

In defence of our defence.

CanadianGooner1608

I'd just like to understand where the breaking point is between home and away games.
How can a team be, it has to be said, stellar at home (2nd in the league) and so dreadful away (15th)?

Is it our mentality? Is it because of rocky bus rides? Is it because of the wrath of God? What could actually explain it?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'd just like to understand where the breaking point is between home and away games.
How can a team be, it has to be said, stellar at home (2nd in the league) and so dreadful away (15th)?

Is it our mentality? Is it because of rocky bus rides? Is it because of the wrath of God? What could actually explain it?
Not enough leaders on the pitch, when the crowd starts and the ref gives a few decisions against the side they all crumble, it’s been fascinating to see tbh.

Bunch of mental midgets.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We got 5 international well experienced defenders to concede 51 goals is not good enough you can't defend this

IslingtonBornandbred

I think it's more simple than people realise. Couple of things really but

• Momentum/Form - Like when you go on a winning run, you can go on a losing run. Something needs to break the cycle.
  • At home teams come and sit back against us. Therefore easier to retain possession of the ball and focus on breaking them down. Away from home teams go for it, don't fear us as much and therefore our defence and defensive structure is tested much more and fails
I think it boils down to a lack of stability at the back, a sh*t defence, the structure of the team and a mental block that hasn't been reversed.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Chambers and MavroTHANOS have some potential, tho hard to gauge in our defensive setup what level they can truly be at but the rest all need to go. Holding just doesn't have it, isn't composed at all and is quite timid, Koscielny past it and I don't need to add anything about Mustafi which hasn't been said 400 times in the last month alone.

We probably need at least two CB's coming in the summer. A backup RB and maybe at this rate even an LB because that fridge Kolasinac is barely championship level, honestly one of the worst excuses for a footballer I've seen. Santos had more about him ffs.

Apart from that better shielding and a better defensive structure from the entire team ahead of the defence is needed too.

CanadianGooner1608

Not enough leaders on the pitch, when the crowd starts and the ref gives a few decisions against the side they all crumble, it’s been fascinating to see tbh.

Bunch of mental midgets.

Would kill for a loud DM who is actually beyond reproach. Someone who leads by example. When I say beyond reproach, I'm looking straight at you, Mustafi.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I rate not one of our defenders in 2018 but they are given a ridiculous amount of work.

I hate how so many players move up with play & even ahead of the ball in the final third. Its suicidal really.

Hope the new guy brings structure to the team & a balance to midfield.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The system also been wrong yes we attacking team but we play way too open away from home any time we give away position we look suddenly 4 against 3 because our midfield is so high

GDeep™

League is very weak
Problem is, if we get the wrong manager it’ll be hard to change the situation.

We really need an Allegri to come in and install some good old Italian discipline, leadership, balls etc.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Problem is, if we get the wrong manager it’ll be hard to change the situation.

We really need an Allegri to come in and install some good old Italian discipline, leadership, balls etc.
N enough we need solid system

GDeep™

League is very weak
When the going gets tough these guys crumble. Wondering if they hide behind Wenger knowing if they lose it’ll be the boss who gets the stick anyway.

It’s natural sometimes, take your foot off the gas when your boss will take the heat for your **** up.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Didn't we have one of the best away records like a few seasons back?

Same manager, same system, some of the same players back then. Interesting to see what changed.

As much as it's about system it's also about mentality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom