• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Inaki Cana's Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 12,400
  • Views 684,627

Does the mystery German exist?

• Yes

• Of course not

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

We need a front line striker, a proper striker this window, Havertz has done well but we can't keep relying on someone to play out of position. We also need to bring in a winger like Olise from CP or Nico Williams from Spain, Saka needs some rest sometimes or come off the bench at least. Probably a CM like Onana aswell.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We need a front line striker, a proper striker this window, Havertz has done well but we can't keep relying on someone to play out of position. We also need to bring in a winger like Olise from CP or Nico Williams from Spain, Saka needs some rest sometimes or come off the bench at least. Probably a CM like Onana aswell.
I just watched highlights of the 5-1 inter Milan game and got the thought that the team is missing an Henry, the supporting cast is all there currently I think.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I just watched highlights of the 5-1 inter Milan game and got the thought that the team is missing an Henry, the supporting cast is all there currently I think.
We have definately been missing an Henry from our invincibles era for a while, someone that can score goals & is rather quick. Someone who fits that bill I think, probably someone like Osimhen. Arteta & Edu probably won't spend that money Napoli want for him though. He might be a tad injury prone too unfortunately. If Arteta wants to win trophies, he certainly needs to start upgrading on players like Nketiah & Nelson as backups aswell. Olise, Williams or Kudus would be better upgrades & backups then Nelson who hardly gets any gametime anyway. Isak would probably be another option to Osimhen aswell.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We have definately been missing an Henry from our invincibles era for a while, someone that can score goals & is rather quick. Someone who fits that bill I think, probably someone like Osimhen. Arteta & Edu probably won't spend that money Napoli want for him though. He might be a tad injury prone too unfortunately. If Arteta wants to win trophies, he certainly needs to start upgrading on players like Nketiah & Nelson as backups aswell. Olise, Williams or Kudus would be better upgrades & backups then Nelson who hardly gets any gametime anyway. Isak would probably be another option to Osimhen aswell.
I’ve seen isak mentioned but haven’t seen anything of him myself to comment. The backups that don’t get game time don’t worry me whilst the team stays relatively fit but it is a gamble.

Sanchez and Aubemyang were relatively quick and put the ball away enough, it just wasn’t enough.

I still think the team will battle with the big boys next season and hopefully play some attractive footy.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I’ve seen isak mentioned but haven’t seen anything of him myself to comment. The backups that don’t get game time don’t worry me whilst the team stays relatively fit but it is a gamble.

Sanchez and Aubemyang were relatively quick and put the ball away enough, it just wasn’t enough.

I still think the team will battle with the big boys next season and hopefully play some attractive footy.
You still need higher potential backup players rather then guys like Nketiah & Nelson if we want to win trophies though. They are probably CP, Fulham, Brentford etc. level players imo. If we get some more big marquee players in then we probably will go up another level & challenge for the title again.

If one of our big level players got injured early for a few months & we only had backup players like we do now then I certainly couldn't see us challenging for the title unfortunately. We wouldn't play that exciting level football either. I'd be happy to have Havertz as backup to players like Osimhen or even start with Osimhen & play off him a little in certain games.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You still need higher potential backup players rather then guys like Nketiah & Nelson if we want to win trophies though. They are probably CP, Fulham, Brentford etc. level players imo. If we get some more big marquee players in then we probably will go up another level & challenge for the title again.

If one of our big level players got injured early for a few months & we only had backup players like we do now then I certainly couldn't see us challenging for the title unfortunately. We wouldn't play that exciting level football either. I'd be happy to have Havertz as backup to players like Osimhen or even start with Osimhen & play off him a little in certain games.
I’m weary when we start talking about players as mid table club players and in the same breathe mention upgrading them with players from those clubs.

Mudi

Please no Onana. That guy is so limited and the fact that he is even not a sure starter for Everton tells it all.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Day 2 and still no signing... I am already falling into melancholy

Once upon a window dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious rumor of the transfer lore—
While I waited, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of someone gently rapping, rapping at the forums door.
“’Tis only Romano” I muttered, “tapping at the forums door—
Only this and nothing more.”

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak June ember;
And each separate dying rumor wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow;—vainly I had sought to borrow
From the Gunners surcease of sorrow—sorrow for the lack of score—
For the empty, silent roster that lay still upon the floor
Nameless here for evermore.

Let's play Aubamawang

benjamin86

Established Member
I hope it's Neves, just to throw a spanner in the works at Utd.

I'd love it to be someone like Lisandro Martinez if we can get him, since Osimhen and Gyokeres seem to be non-starters.

Or take a swing at the Mexican RVP.

Maybe send Chido out on loan (if he stays) with a view to integrating him in the team next year.
Chido is 16, can you even loan a player that young? You'd have to loan him and his parents as he's not old enough to live on his own? Let him develop in the u18s and u21 first.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'd love it to be someone like Lisandro Martinez if we can get him, since Osimhen and Gyokeres seem to be non-starters.

Maybe send Chido out on loan (if he stays) with a view to integrating him in the team next year.

Integrate him into the team next year? Madness.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Please no Onana. That guy is so limited and the fact that he is even not a sure starter for Everton tells it all.
I wouldn’t say his limited. Other players in that Everton team are the definition of limited. Players like Idrissa Gueye, just a very astute defensive mid but can’t do much else. Onana is dynamic but isn’t fancied by Dyche as he doesn’t need players like that in his side who can take risks. He plays a very rigid and low risk system.

Nunowoolmez

Chairman of the Eduardo Hagn Appreciation Society

Erm....he's a defender mate. Not sure he would be a great idea as a striker ;)

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Rice, Neves, Jorginho, Onana. What we saying? Think that’s a very good mix of profiles, but big question marks on whether the new guys hit the ground running.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, July 19

Marseille would offer around £20m for Eddie Nketiah, but it’s likely that Arsenal would ask for more [Alan Nixon - The Sun]

West Ham are frontrunners to sign Reiss Nelson and a fee of £15m-20m could be enough to clinch a deal [Evening Standard]

Inter and Juventus have asked Arsenal about loaning Jakub Kiwior, but the club will only let him leave on a permanent transfer [Goal Poland]

Academy striker Chido Obi-Martin visited Manchester United’s training ground to discuss a move to the club [AcademyScoop]

Crystal Palace are preparing a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe [Ed Aarons - The Guardian]

Latest posts

Top Bottom