• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Inaki Cana's Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,105
  • Views 726,670

Does the mystery German exist?

• Yes

• Of course not

Results are only viewable after voting.

HagnSprayGooners

Transfer Pilled 💊

You think Bruno is too expensive, but he walks into our midfield.

Pedri Gavi and Barella are already established superstars. So yes, we have proof they can perform week in week out at the highest level.

We don’t know if Neves is that player yet.

Bruno indeed gets into our midfield, and he raises the level but not tremendously.

Neves I think would raise the level over time but go above and beyond as well.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
In a previous athletic extract they specify that Arsenal see Zubimendi and Neves as #6’s…

Zubimendi and Onana would be decent depth into midfield. I'd still want an attacking midfield to give us an alternative to Ødegaard as well.

Zubi, Onana, Eze/Simons. Not earth shattering but good cover for a 50 game season.

HagnSprayGooners

Transfer Pilled 💊

Zubimendi and Onana would be decent depth into midfield. I'd still want an attacking midfield to give us an alternative to Ødegaard as well.

Zubi, Onana, Eze/Simons. Not earth shattering but good cover for a 50 game season.

It’s too much, look at how many games our players take on. Jorginho is staying and will get minutes, Partey is still here we still have Vieira and ESR (one will be kept)

HagnSprayGooners

Transfer Pilled 💊

Neves, Rice, Jorginho, Ødegaard, Nwaneri, Partey, ESR, Havertz, Saka, Trossard, Martinelli, Jesus, new forward.

That’s with Eddie, Nelson and Vieira leaving the club, 13 players for 6 positions.

Maybe there’s an argument for both a 6 and an 8 if Partey/ESR also leave but we aren’t getting rid of that many players.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
It’s weird coz I feel like the opposite is true. I see more talent in 8 than 6 out there.

If they’re actually planning an Onana x Rice axis of evil for our first XI I might skip next season.

It might end up being effective but this is not what I signed up for as an Arsenal fan. Appreciate some of the (even) older bros here might be getting aroused thinking of the Graham years but it’s not for me.

How about the Vieira Petit similarities though?

Gn1212

ITK Police 👮
The question you have to ask yourself is this -

Onana - £50M
Bruno G - £100M

Or Neves for £103M (release clause)

These are the only real solid links we’ve had. I don’t see Onana as a priority signing and Bruno G is far too expensive.
Are you saying it's either both Onana and Bruno, or just Neves?

Either way, wouldn't go anywhere near Bruno for the prices touted. I think we've seen his peak and that's not worth anywhere near 100m for me.
Onana is a good prospect but there's definitely some concerns over how his season at Everton went, I don't think he gets into our first XI and there is a good chance he never does, that makes spending anything over 50m on him a bit risky.

Neves would definitely be my ideal pick but it'd be nice to avoid paying his RC. If we can negotiate something around 80m that'd be a top deal for someone who can play both as a #6 and an #8 and has the potential he has.

Fofana is an interesting alternative for me if that doesn't materialize, especially if the rumoured 20m price tag is true. We've been linked with him in previous windows and French media have mentioned as one of the teams that are looking at him this summer. I'd rather go for him than Onana or Bruno.

Kuroske

Yeah literally the only guy I like for that role is Neves.

If we go for an attacking 8 type then there’s a few.

Who are more in the market for him? Manchester United seems interested.

I don't see Edu playing the release clause and Benfica accepting less then that.

HagnSprayGooners

Transfer Pilled 💊

Are you saying it's either both Onana and Bruno, or just Neves?

Either way, wouldn't go anywhere near Bruno for the prices touted. I think we've seen his peak and it's not anywhere near 100m for me. Onana is a good prospect but there's definitely some concerns over how his season at Everton, I don't think he gets into our first XI and there is a good chance he never does, that makes spending anything over 50m on him a bit risky.

Neves would definitely be my ideal pick but it'd be nice to avoid paying his RC. If we can negotiate something around 80m that'd be a top deal for someone who can play both as a #6 and an #8 and has the potential he has.

Fofana is an interesting alternative for me if that doesn't materialize, especially if the rumoured 20m price tag is true. We've been linked with him in previous windows and French media have mentioned as one of the teams that are looking at him this summer. I'd rather go for him than Onana or Bruno.

To clarify it’s not Onana and Bruno, just put Neves on his own for some reason

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵

Player:White
Who are more in the market for him? Manchester United seems interested.

I don't see Edu playing the release clause and Benfica accepting less then that.

You’re probably right. I think we bid up to around 80 and get knocked back and then we’ll end up with Onana in the first XI ☠️

Goonger

Need to think about where we are as a club. We need to improve on the highest points tally since the invincible last season. People are just reeling of names thinking they will help us.

Simons, Sesko, Williams. None of these players start. They raise the floor in case we need someone from the bench or injury, but if you genuinely think about improving the 1st 11. They don't.

So the big question is. At left back, CM and lw. Who walks into our team? Who makes us better?

It's not Neves, Onana and so on.

It's Musiala, Wirtz, Rodrygo, Kvaratskelia, Leao, Pedri, Camavinga, Valvderde, Tchouameni, Isak, Guimaraes.

It's not a long list of players. The question is can we get 1? If we can get 1. We probably win the league.

I think you are probably correct. But unfortunately, in answer to your question, no, we won't get any of the names you mentioned, not this summer.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
How about the Vieira Petit similarities though?

There’s a black guy and a white guy.

There the simialrities end.

Not really. All 4 are top level defenders, all 4 bully the opposition in duals with their size and strength, Onana press resistance and ball carrying looks at a high level as is Rice's and ofcourse Vieira was elite in that category. All 4 cover tons of space box to box. None of them are massively creative

I think Onana is underrated due to the fact he's 22 and playing under Saun Dyke. I also don't see how he isn't an upgrade on Partey right now and his potential with his physical gifts, ie 6'4 with pace, strength and technique, is pretty high

Sapient Hawk

Tuah, Spit On That Thang 💦

Just get Onana & throw the rest of the fabled warchest at Isak. I want teams quaking in their boots when they see him speeding down the wing like a ravenous hyena eager to tear into a wildebeest's hindquarters!!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Having to watch another season of Rice getting nosebleeds anytime he gets near the final third?

Uefa Champions League Sport GIF by UEFA

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, July 24

Inter have reached an agreement with Jakub Kiwior [Gazzetta Dello Sport]

Real Sociedad midfielder Mikel Merino is keen on joining Arsenal this summer [diariovasco]

Leicester City have opened talks to sign Reiss Nelson on loan with an obligation to buy [Fabrizio Romano]

Total agreement reached for Calafiori, only the medical remains [David Ornstein]

Arsenal have made an enquiry for Juventus winger Federico Chiesa [SportItalia]

Latest posts

Top Bottom