• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Inaki Cana's Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,389
  • Views 629,079

blrgooner

Established Member
Eze is that winger mate.

Eze covers both out wide and centrally as well. Our best team has Eze as one of our 8/10s and in rotation he starts out wide like Jesus.

We do Eze, I'd say we need a creative box-box player as well. That's why I think Merino is in the equation.
I think the point of getting Eze makes sense if he plays in the position Havertz played last season in the beginning. Havertz was getting the ball in good positions but was predictable and always releasing the ball quickly while picking simple passes. Eze on the other hand, can offer genuine ability to run at the defenders from that position. I think one more aspect we were missing last season is genuine pace in transition when Martinelli was not playing or out of form. I think we need someone with genuine pace to fix that issue and I don`t think Eze is that player.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

You'd be very surprised if we sold players who couldn't get a kick and only replaced them with one player?

Nelson wasn’t trusted to be backup to Saka. But it’s imperative that we get backup to Saka and that needs to be someone with pace.

So specifically a pacey right winger should be an absolute must.

ESR then leaves the other side and Eddie also goes. So Havertz permanently takes that striker role and we would need to sign a LW/L8 hybrid.

Partey leaves and he absolutely needs to be replaced.

The original plan according to many decent sources was a winger, striker and CM. Now that’s changed because of the striker situation I expect us to still sign someone.

LookingForEric

Yeah but you’ve said Merino Eze and a winger. Eze would be the winger.

Why would Eze be the winger? He’s so much better coming inside, which means we still need pace and still need a right winger. When have you ever seen Eze play RW?

It’s logical to me. Backup to Saka, LW/L8 and a midfielder.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Why would Eze be the winger? He’s so much better coming inside, which means we still need pace and still need a right winger. When have you ever seen Eze play RW?

It wasn't that long ago you was talking about Nico Williams being the winger signing. Who would've been backup to Saka had we signed him?

LookingForEric

It wasn't that long ago you was talking about Nico Williams being the winger signing. Who would've been backup to Saka had we signed him?

That’s why a few posts back I said “unless” we can get someone like Nico who can play comfortably on both wings. Not many of those available.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

This is why it makes no sense. Merino and Ezes best position in this team is LCM. So why spend all these funds to sign both? It’s not happening.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If we are just signing 1 CM and 1 ATT on top Calafiori then Merino would be underwhelming. Only solace would be that we are kicking the CM can down the road and go big next summer.

However, I could live with it if we manage to sign a Williams or Kvaratskelia at LW.

It would mean we have improved at LB and LW, and added a Xhaka like option in midfield.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
If we are just signing 1 CM and 1 ATT on top Calafiori then Merino would be underwhelming. Only solace would be that we are kicking the CM can down the road and go big next summer.

However, I could live with it if we manage to sign a Williams or Kvaratskelia at LW.

It would mean we have improved at LB and LW, and added a Xhaka like option in midfield.

LB and LCM or 6 most important for me if we are picking 2/3 to go big on. At least that way, Martinelli should improve on last season.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This is why it makes no sense. Merino and Ezes best position in this team is LCM. So why spend all these funds to sign both? It’s not happening.
Yeh I agree. I would love Eze but realistically it only happens if we sign a 6. And that’s still not likely anyway as a marquee 6 would mean Rice is being played at 8.

Otherwise we are spending £60m on someone who really won’t get that many minutes.

LookingForEric

No, the original plan was a left sided defender, a CM and a striker OR winger.

Nothing has changed.

I beg you please at least read back through the athletic articles. It specifically stated we want Saka backup at right wing no matter what. Please tell me what’s changed? Has Saka become invincible?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
LB and LCM or 6 most important for me if we are picking 2/3 to go big on. At least that way, Martinelli should improve on last season.
I just don’t see who are needle movers in the midfield area. It’s just Kimmich out there. IMO 1 if our signing should ideally be a needle mover.

At LW you have Williams and Kvaratskelia at least to go for.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
THE BELOW ARE OLD ARTICLES FOR @Heavy Duty Rom

The athletic also mentioned 5 signings (LB, backup keeper, CM, winger and striker)

We want both because Saka also needs the backup.

However now we aren’t really in for a striker it looks like we’ve changed tactics.

So there's no Athletic articles that specifically stated we want a backup to Saka. Glad we've cleared that up.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, July 13

Arsenal and Bologna are working to find a compromise on the structure of the transfer fee [Di Marzio]

Nuno Tavares has signed his contract as a Lazio player until 2029 [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom