• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Inside the mind of Wenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

vin de guerre

Arsène Wenger admits he goes home after a match and watches football on television until midnight.

In a remarkable insight into the man behind the cool image, Wenger reveals he has had to force himself to keep his feelings to himself.

He told BBC Five Live's Sportsweek programme: "On Saturday nights I watch football from 8pm until midnight. You can see a French version of match of the day, then a Spanish match and then our match of the day.

"Then I may watch a film because it is hard to sleep."

And on the seemingly calm exterior he presents to the world, the Arsenal chief said: "I have learned over the years to hide my feelings and deal with it. When I react it can be outrageous. I have always been aware of how much damage I can do if I lose my temper.

"That is why I have made a big effort to calm down and keep control of myself. That is not very healthy because what goes on inside is sometimes terrible. But I have learned to hide it."

He added: "Sometimes during the season it can be more tense, and then you deal less well with the problems. I try to work on myself and to know when I drive to work whether I am in a good or bad mood.

"I decide to be careful because you can make a silly mistake that day. It is something you learn over the years to control."

Not a bad article! It just shows that Arsène is only human but GREAT :lol:

Adam

Established Member
Wow, no wonder he has such a knowledge of world football - he is watching alot of football. He is a strong character to control his temper, unlike one Gnome.

johe

Is this the whole article? if not then would you please post a link to where one can read the rest :D

gypped

Wenger is an awesome manager, and it's nice to know that not only is he a better manager than ferguson, he has the brains to cool himself down. Self control is a real virtue, but at the same time, he has the passion as well.

A

Anonymous

Read his biographies, especially Making of A Legend.

You'll really get an insight into Wenger, but it's still not as complete as I would like.

A

Anonymous

gypped said:
Wenger is an awesome manager, and it's nice to know that not only is he a better manager than ferguson, he has the brains to cool himself down. Self control is a real virtue, but at the same time, he has the passion as well.
He sound like a couch potato to me? at lest SAF has his Hobbys Golf the Races, Wenger sounds a very boring man, and a Heart attack candidate by the time he's 65?

JazzG

Established Member
myth said:
He sound like a couch potato to me? at lest SAF has his Hobbys Golf the Races, Wenger sounds a very boring man, and a Heart attack candidate by the time he's 65?

Yeah he has got himself a nice lawsuit which might cost him his job to fight now due to his love of racing eh :lol:

A

Anonymous

JazzG said:
myth said:

Yeah he has got himself a nice lawsuit which might cost him his job to fight now due to his love of racing eh :lol:
its SAF has the lawsuit and do you really think SAF will back down to a lowly Board member LOL.

nnn

myth said:
JazzG said:
myth said:

its SAF has the lawsuit and do you really think SAF will back down to a lowly Board member LOL.

Lowly board member ? The man that now controls man utd ? One of the richest men in Europe ?

I think you'll find Wenger is the one keeps in shape a lot better then Fergie, who is not only a (former?) alcoholic, but has just left hospital.

Your inability to grasp facts is staggering.

reggiepaul

He watches films as well and also does many other things.

The new Wenger book is brilliant but the Myles Palmer one is a waste of time and paper. How many acres of Brazilian Forest was wasted so Palmer could talk ****e?

The premier league is Gothom city, and Wenger is batman. Ferguson is the joker....mainly because he is a deadest crack up. I knew Wenger was a firey little bugger! I love him! So passionate about the gunners and the game.

DOls

Few years back Mr Wenger also admited to watching
Arsenal's matches over and over to pick out mistakes
made by our players and to learn more about opposition.
And for other reasons known only to The Great Manager.

I have a lot of respect for Mr Wenger and he really makes
football a wonderful experience.
Then, it's really sweet to know that there's raging passion
in him, cause without it he couldn't be Great...

A

Anonymous

Wenger having a heart attack, any more curses like that and you'll be banned from the forum, no questions asked.

And it was your boss that recently left the hospital, not ours.

As for "lowly board member" - do you know ANYTHING about the club you support at all?

vin de guerre

ASHBURRN said:
Wenger having a heart attack, any more curses like that and you'll be banned from the forum, no questions asked.

And it was your boss that recently left the hospital, not ours.

As for "lowly board member" - do you know ANYTHING about the club you support at all?

Ashburn, I second every word you said.
More power to Wengerball 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom