• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Interest in Non-Arsenal Football

Gervais

Established Member
Am I the only one who has actually lost all interest in football outside of Arsenal?

Four years ago, I would regularly go out of my way to watch Bundesliga and Ligue 1 games, as well as the nothing teams in the PL; fast forward to now and I really could not give single iota of a ****.

Arsenal bore the arse off me regularly and I find them to be a chore to watch most of the time, but I still have the same passion in wanting them to win as I've always had. However, any interest I had in teams outside of Arsenal, is gone.

I couldn't care less if Chelsea win the league, it doesn't bother me in the slightest if Tottenham get regular last minute winners, of if Jose Mourinho wins every game left in the season.

I'm trying to understand what has changed but I'm struggling. Is it just because I've got older and have more important things to be concerned about? Has Wenger sucked the footballing soul out me like a Dementor?

Is anyone else in a similar position?

Ewarwoowar

The quality of football is sucking, quality of reffing is sucking, quality of media is sucking, quality of the FA is sucking, quality of ownership is suckin, this is what happen when non football parasites infest the game. Overhyped, over-sensationalised, tabloid soap opera.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm in exactly the same position.

What has changed? Me getting older maybe, busy with work, with life etc.

But most probably, the new money has killed something for me. We build a stadium, sell players, cut budgets to finance and survive, other clubs just win the lottery and pass us by, you begin to question what you're investing your time into.

I got Sky sports, BT sports,don't think I have watched a full game in two years.

GDeep™

League is very weak
My brother is always getting Arsenal tickets, he knows people in Arsenal, I rarely take them of him to go.

Football was my life growing up, used to get such a buzz, not anymore.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I watch a reasonable amount. I like watching certain teams around Europe like Dortmund, Leipzig, Napoli, Juve, Nice, Monaco, PSG, Sevilla, Barca and Real Madrid. Outwith those games I wouldn't really watch other matches. Like Atletico vs Villarreal just wouldn't appeal to me at all.

International football is a no go unless it's a major tournament or Asano's playing for Japan. Premier league I'll watch if it involves our rivals and I'm hoping for them to drop points, but I haven't watched most recent Man United games for instance.

Basically I have to see a certain level of quality and entertainment for non-Arsenal football to have my interest.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Get out there and play/watch football would be my advice.

You might be pleasantly surprised at non league football, go see your local club.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm the same now actually as well :lol: thought it was just me!

I don't think it's even a time thing, I did sports and loads of **** after school and on weekends but I still managed to watch is all the time.

I probably work less hours than I did but even with having my own place I'll often not bother.

Think it's because I don't have my own sky or bt subscription so I have to scrub a sh*tty stream online which is a total ballache just for our games.

I really love watching films recently, also I've got all of Simpsons and futurama and most of American Dad on DVD and I've even though I've seen them all god knows how many times I'll usually watch one of those above even motd these days.

Token Yank

I watch pretty much every Arsenal game and a decent amount of games with our rivals playing each other. Otherwise I don't care. The premier league gets most of the coverage here in the states. We don't get much of the other leagues and I could care less. I will watch champions league games if they interest me and the big international tournaments.

I think it has a lot to do with getting older. There are more important things to focus on and you realize spending emotional energy and time on a greedy, cut throat business played by overpaid man children is just not worth it.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I love football. I watch Bundesliga, As many PL games as I can manage, as many CL ties I can manage, some Europa, as well as all major internationals.

Football has been a fixture in my life, a source of joy and heartbreak, hope and disappointment, glory and shame since I was 10 years old. Wenger can't take football away from me.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Be interesting to know how old a lot of you are on here, wondering if football dulls with age due to nostalgia. Aside from that I can imagine that there are high levels of apathy among Arsenal fans.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
It's probably just the era of streams catching up with everyone. I certainly overdosed at University & for a couple of years after.

Will always watch Arsenal but other than that it's only Real Madrid I will seek out... They still have that awe factor from my childhood.

Fight pass over any other football.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
same like @Rex Banner and @GDeep™

lost a bit of keenness, and have to watch the matches on streaming, so lost interest, otherwise I will watch almost any football on the weekend.

I've completely given up watching cricket, which was nthinkable at one point. i guess we keep changing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom