• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Invincible memories

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This is one of the Invincible matches I think of the most...

...could feel my heart in my mouth as Yakubu went through in the last minute, will always love him for missing...would have ruined the league win at that point, tbh :lol:

Also, that save from Hislop on Henry, unbelievable.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
006CBD9700000258-2983258-image-m-4_1425673740886.jpg

...what a photo :drool:
This picture reminds me of the picture of the Old Trafford brawl in the 1990/91 season.
Perhaps we should have more brawls if it means us winning the league. 🏆1991. 🏆2004.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The 97-98 Season end was special. 10 straight wins with Parlour, Bergkamp, Anelka rampant, Overmars' goal at OT and Christopher Wreh getting us 6 points. Bould - > Adams for 4-0 against Everton was the icing on the cake.
On the Facebook page 'Wengers Best Games' that's no 1.

Andrew Cole Linighan

This might be a bit controversial. A memory I have of the 2003/04 season, is the Home shirt which I did not like. First, it had a round neck which I don't like, it feels as if the Designer was being lazy, did not know wether to do a collar or a V-Neck etc. Secondly, did not like the massive O2 sponsor on the front. Then again, I did like the away shirt, the O2 sponsor looked alright. 🟨🟦 Perhaps it did not stick out as much as white against a red shirt. 🟥⬜

Andrew Cole Linighan

I had forgot about this Invincible Memory. It was Sunday 18th January, 2004. Arsenal 🟨🟦 were away to Aston Villa 🟪🟦 at Villa Park, it was a Premier League match, which attracted a crowd of 39,380. My Sister, via her work bought 3 tickets for my Uncle, her and me to go and watch the game. It was a later Christmas Present for us. My Uncle, who has since passed away, was an Aston Villa fan, the tickets were for the Home section, I would have to be quiet during the game, being amongst the Brummie Faithful.

Screenshot_20230621-135416.png
Aston Villa 🟪🟦 v Arsenal. 🟨🟦

I have previous experience of watching Arsenal away, sat in the Home Section. I've been twice to watch them away at Everton, Goodison Park, 🟦⬜ with my Brother in Law. Sat in the Gladys Street Upper Tier, there was one match where there was some Arsenal supporters sat a few rows behind us. They were not quiet about being Gooner followers. They were getting abuse from the Scoucers, 'Get Out'!!! the Everton fans were shouting. The Arsenal fans were removed by Stewards. I have also been to WBA, Birmingham, and Bolton, where I sat in the Home Section. If Arsenal score, I just keep quiet, if the Home Team score, I just clap politely. I'm not stupid, don't particularly want to get dogs abuse from Home supporters.
Sorry, gone off topic slightly. I drove us up to Villa Park, via the M5. We parked in an Industrial Estate, which was signposted ''Matchday Parking'. We got to the ground quite early. I bought a Matchday Programme, we had a look in the Aston Villa Store. We then started chatting to a Steward stood outside, close to the Store. My Uncle had the knack of talking to anyone, and saying what he thought. He was talking to the Steward, saying where we came from, and that I was an Arsenal Fan!!! Christ, Shut up, don't say that!!! The Steward gave me some friendly advice, I explained I am not going to start celebrating if Arsenal score.
We went into the ground, had some pre match pie. We were sat along the length of the pitch, in the Upper Tier. I think it might have been the Doug Ellis Stand. My Sister and I were saying to my Uncle, if you talk to anyone, don't say that I am an Arsenal Fan. We decided it was best if he sat between us, so he couldn't get talking to anyone next to him.
Arsenal best Aston Villa 2 - 0. Thierry Henry scored both goals, one goal was from a free kick. There was controversy surrounding it, as Henry was deemed to have taken it too quickly. But the referee said it was fine.
I was Happy, my Uncle not so much. Now all we had to do was get my Uncle out of Villa Park, without talking to anyone. 😃

Latest posts+

Top Bottom