• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is Hoyte the real deal.

Arnie

I haven't really seen Hoyte so i need to ask what his qualities are, is he better than Senderos?? Is he the real deal??

calvinngai88

From what I've seen in the pre-season friendlies, I can't comment on the comparision between Hoyte and Senderos, because they are both as good. It's just like Kolo-Campbell, you can't compare them, or at least, you can't discriminate one for the other because they both have the good qualities to be CB. Same goes for Hoyte and Senderos. Hoyte might get the limelight but Senderos isn't that bad. Maybe just because the opponents love to run at Hoyte instead of Senderos. :D

arsenal4life

did he play as CB or as a RB

and where does he excel

is he a Thuram style who can play in both positions with the same quality

calvinngai88

You can't say he's some kind of Thuram. I would say Wenger's trying out to make another Kolo out of Hoyte, from a RB to become CB.

Sol man

All I know is that Senderos has really good Leadership qualities and Hoyte can play as a cb or rb. I hope that the rumours that Hoyte will be allowed to go to Ipswich on loan are false because I think if given the chance he can do well this season for us.

A

Anonymous

Hoyte is mustard, ive watched him for years at reserve level regularly and he has always impressed, he has now come up to play in arsenal friendlys and has excelled in these. I havent seen much of senderos as i only got to about 12 youth matches last year, and he has been injured for a while, but i do know hoyte is the real deal.
He is like thuram in can play centre back and right back, but his dominant position is right back. Looks like wenger wants to test him at centre back as he did for kolo, might be smart as if we sign trabelsi it means he will be 3rd in line for one position, but if he moves to centre back (which he is doing well at) then he may overtake senderos and cygan and be first choice sub.
He is lightning fast and a great tackler, very determined and impossible to get past. He should definately be in the first team set up, if he can develop to be a good centre back then that will be good as we can then use him like a thuram - in either position.

arsenal4life

theguvnor said:
Hoyte is mustard, ive watched him for years at reserve level regularly and he has always impressed, he has now come up to play in arsenal friendlys and has excelled in these. I havent seen much of senderos as i only got to about 12 youth matches last year, and he has been injured for a while, but i do know hoyte is the real deal.
He is like thuram in can play centre back and right back, but his dominant position is right back. Looks like wenger wants to test him at centre back as he did for kolo, might be smart as if we sign trabelsi it means he will be 3rd in line for one position, but if he moves to centre back (which he is doing well at) then he may overtake senderos and cygan and be first choice sub.
He is lightning fast and a great tackler, very determined and impossible to get past. He should definately be in the first team set up, if he can develop to be a good centre back then that will be good as we can then use him like a thuram - in either position.

just if you're true and don't magnify

i'll die to watch the lad and he seems to be our new Thuram

lee1001

Established Member
HE is very talented according to what i've heard and seen.
As already pointed out he is VERY difficult to get past and with players like Kewell, Robben, Duff and Ronaldo in the premiership, it will be a welcomed quality. Also a very good tackler and of course like most Arsenal players, very quick.

Positioning may be slightly questionable, but that comes with experience.

He has been playing at CB in the friendlies which is what happened last year with Toure. He will be the future right-back for Arsenal and England i am absolutely convinced.

nnaife

haven't seen hoyte River plate would be an excellent test for him, they are so talented its ridiculus.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Arnie said:
I haven't really seen Hoyte so i need to ask what his qualities are, is he better than Senderos?? Is he the real deal??

hoyte is not a very good right back. too sloppy passning game and he's not comfortable with the ball. not an arsenal type of full back; maybe he'd do better at leicester or west bromwhich...

fahti on the other hand...

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Arnie said:

hoyte is not a very good right back. too sloppy passning game and he's not comfortable with the ball. not an arsenal type of full back; maybe he'd do better at leicester or west bromwhich...

Must have been someone else I saw play in the Carling Cup matches this season, then..

A

Anonymous

just if you're true and don't magnify
Nah im speaking the truth, i am excited by him, i am sure that he can be just like ashley cole, he is a very consistent performer. Even wenger said "i have never seen anyone go past him".

Do you even know what you are talking about? How many times have you seen him play? Also how can you say fahti is better prospect when he has played all of 2 games :|

lee1001

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Arnie said:

Rubbish mate, sorry.

calvinngai88

kel varnsen said:
Arnie said:

Total rubbish! I wonder who will agree to your statement about Hoyte. I doubt you seen him playing for the reserves, in Carling Cup matches last season and also the pre-season friendlies.

His tackles are strong, and for once, a striker evaded him, but within 0.5sec, Hoyte is back in front of him and cleared the ball away. He's not going to be the new Thuram, he'll be the new Kolo, but an english one. I'm sure he'll break into the England squad very soon.

Chips&CurrySauce

I don't think you can compare Hoyte with Kolo. One of Kolo's biggest attributes is his brute strength, he is so strong no one can out muscle him.

Hoyte is far more slight in his build and relies more on pace.

kel varnsen

Established Member
calvinngai88 said:
kel varnsen said:
Arnie said:

Total rubbish! I wonder who will agree to your statement about Hoyte. I doubt you seen him playing for the reserves, in Carling Cup matches last season and also the pre-season friendlies.

His tackles are strong, and for once, a striker evaded him, but within 0.5sec, Hoyte is back in front of him and cleared the ball away. He's not going to be the new Thuram, he'll be the new Kolo, but an english one. I'm sure he'll break into the England squad very soon.

We'll see. i've seen hoyte a couple of times(england u-19) and he was not very impressive.

i'd love it if he could be "the real thing", but i highly doubt it. he won't make it; just wait and see. within two years he has left arsenal. mark my words...

Latest posts

Top Bottom