• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is Hoyte the real deal.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Its true Arsène tends to give foreigners a chance more than the english boys but it really has nothing to do with nationality. I'm sure Wenger doesnt look at a player and say 'oh he's english so he wont play'

At the end of the day Arsène sees them in training everyday so he's the one that knows if the player is ready or not - not us.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I think writing a defender off on the strength of two(?) performances for the England U-19's is ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as saying Clichy is nervous in his defending.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think writing a defender off on the strength of two(?) performances for the England U-19's is ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as saying Clichy is nervous in his defending.

Exactly !

And saying that Hoyte is not good at going forward is even more ridiculous.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:

Exactly !

we'll see. hoyte isn't good enough. mark my words. i know a good footballer when i see one; hoyte isn't one...

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
we'll see. hoyte isn't good enough. mark my words. i know a good footballer when i see one; hoyte isn't one...

You'r not considering how old he is. You really cant say a player is not good enough when he's under 20 - because they WILL improve.

kutz

kel varnsen said:
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:

Exactly !

You'd wanna be right when making this statement, cos you'd look real stoopid if one day he was the England first-choice right-back or something like that....

johe

Those of you who think foreign youngsters get more of a chance than our English ones, have you ever considered it might have alot to do with their mentality and attitude? Ash got into the first team because Wenger saw his fighting spirit and never say die attitude, coupled with proffesionalism and of course footballing skill. Pennant didn't have those attributes, so he got loaned out to a club doomed to go down, and he has hopefully learned his lesson. For all we know Hoyte might have a bad work ethic or whatever.

The point is, there can be so many reasons why English kids don't get the chance before foreign ones.

A

Anonymous

I dont think you listened to what some other people said before you, how can you judge a player on the 2 performances you have seen him?
Ive seen him over 40 times, i say hes mustard, but, we will wait and see eh!

johe

You are right about that, I mean if I had seen Senderos for the first time in the latest U21 championship, I would have said he has no future in proffesional football, but seeing as I have seen him in other youth national tournaments I have to say that I think he is 'mustard' like you brits say. :wink:

patrick42uk

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:

You'r not considering how old he is. You really cant say a player is not good enough when he's under 20 - because they WILL improve.

wenger made that decision about volz when he was 19ish. not that i dont think hoyte will make it. i feel confident he will, but there are no certainties. he has pace abundance, everything else can be learnt with competitive first team experience. which is why i'm all for his loan move to ipswich, a team who are expected to be back in the premiership next year.

Arnie

senderos had a terrible injury, but when he first came and i heard he had snubbed man u and roma, i knew he had to be quite good. But alot can happen. He has already had he's fair share of injuries.

As for Hoyte he will steadily get better under wenger. I recon he will be second fiddle at most for right back because writy's adopted son plays there, and he is a diomond in a rough side, if that makes sense!!

kel varnsen

Established Member
kutz said:
kel varnsen said:
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:

Exactly !

You'd wanna be right when making this statement, cos you'd look real stoopid if one day he was the England first-choice right-back or something like that....

i hope i'm wrong; i'd love to see hoyte make it. however, i just don't think he's good enough. like i said before; he might do well as a central defender, but his passing game isn't "arsenal quality". maybe he can improve, but i highly doubt it...

calvinngai88

kel varnsen said:
kutz said:
kel varnsen said:
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:

Exactly !

i hope i'm wrong; i'd love to see hoyte make it. however, i just don't think he's good enough. like i said before; he might do well as a central defender, but his passing game isn't "arsenal quality". maybe he can improve, but i highly doubt it...

Give him some time before your final judgement, alright?

kronik

Well after watching him tonight against Ajax, I would not say his passing is a problem, he was very cool on the ball.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
dude why do you critisize him so much ?

i'm so tired of "hyping" young players; only to see them leave a few years later and play for rubbish clubs. thomas, selley, volz and so on and so on.

hoyte is just an example; simek, garry, svard and Owusu Abeyie won't make it either. or at least, i don't think they will. there are however a few exceptions. cesc, senderos and bentley could be fututre first team regulars. they're all extremely talented and i can definetely see them having a future at arsenal...

Top Bottom