Is Hoyte the real deal.

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Arnie, Jul 29, 2004.

1. kel varnsen

kel varnsen New Member Trusted

so; what du you guys think of hoyte now? a few months have passed and i'm sticking to my original opinion. i don't think hoyte is good enough. not as quick as he was supposed to be and he's too careful. i would like to see him going forward a lot more...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed.

And I was at the Amsterdam tournement.
    He was also bad then. Very slow to react and also unaware.

All that ''pace'' for nothing.

3. Gooner83

Gooner83 New Member

He looks better going forward than defending... very shakey and makes silly tackles near the box, also against norwich the penalty he gave away.

He has good on the ball skills though, so hes definately good enough for the team in the coming years.

4. Chips&CurrySauce

Chips&CurrySauce New Member Trusted

I'm not sure about Hoyte either. So many people have mentioned his main asset is his pace, but I haven't really seen anything to show me this. Last night he was skinned a couple of times by Kleberson and he isn't exactly electric. Now Clichy and Smith, they are fast!

5. sabret00the

sabret00the New Member Trusted

agreed his instincts are terrible, he punts everything into the sidelines and never looks up before passing, his link up with Pennant was disasterous simply because he refused to look up before he passed, he didn't once utilised his pace, he's nearly a waste of space.

6. DOUBLE-YOU

DOUBLE-YOU New Member

i think you guys forget it takes time to adjust when you move up a level. Hoyte didn't look too good yesterday, but he was playing against some seasoned internationals. he has to adjust to that standard of football. Henry didn't set the world alight in hhis first few games for us either

What i will add though, is a lot of supporters keep calling for wenger to play the youngsters. if fans think they are not ready - after watching them play a handful of games (i.e Hoyte)- then wenger probably feels the same and thats why he buys foriegners.

trust, the good ones always come through like cole and cesc

7. kel varnsen

well, look at clichy and cesc's first games for arsenal. they didn't have any problems at all adjusting to the pace of the game in the premiership. i won't rule out hoyte just yet, but i'm not optimistic. i think he will move on and have a decent career in some average premier league club....

8. MightyArsenal

MightyArsenal New Member

Move clichy over to the right, the guy is a superstar and deserves to be playing, hes no nonesense and hard as nails.

9. kel varnsen

yeah, clichy is amazing. he is super fast, classy defender and good ball control. bellion, who's very quick, had no chance against clichy.

10. sabret00the

if clichy was on the right we'd without a doubt have the best defence in the league, him on the right and senderos ready to come throught he ranks, that's drool worthy.

11. Henry_Pires

Henry_Pires New Member

My Arsenal dream defence is as below.

Cole Senderos Campbell/ Samuel Kufour Toure

Anyone had better suggestion?

12. siddharth

siddharth New Member

My Dream defence would be :

Seitaridis------Coloccini------Campbell------Cole

Seitaridis------Coloccini------Senderos-------Cole

When Campbell retires ;D

13. Henry_Pires

Henry_Pires New Member

Who is Seitaridis?

14. KingReyes

KingReyes New Member Trusted

The right back for the Greek national team. He had himself a very good Euro 2004, I don't know how he's doing now.

15. MightyArsenal

MightyArsenal New Member

He moved to porto as a replacement for ferraira.

16. Clarkey

Clarkey New Member

It made me laugh how in The S*n Shaun Custis gave Hoyte a crap score saying that he made the slip for the Manure goal, when it was Djourou. To show how further dumb the guy is he writes in his article beside it that it was Djourou that made the slip. The guys an idiot.

17. gooner#1

gooner#1 New Member

Hoyte is a brilliant prospect for this club.I can imgaine him doing very well all of a sudden we had a CB/Rb crisis.But I cant really picture seeing that happening .I expect him to play against Rosenborg . I would like to see a bit more of both ,Senderos and Hoyte if any one of KoloSol gets injured .

18. gooner#1

gooner#1 New Member

Hoyte is a brilliant prospect for this club.I can imgaine him doing very well all of a sudden we had a CB/Rb crisis.But I cant really picture seeing that happening .I expect him to play against Rosenborg . I would like to see a bit more of both ,Senderos and Hoyte if any one of KoloSol gets injured .

19. sabret00the

i read about four papers that day including the sun, the mirror and the times and the sun actually gave us the best/most unbiast ratings. but Shaun Curtis aint a good writer, their best writer is Steven Howard, i'm suprised he's still there.