... is it just me or is v.Persie...

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by A.M.A.G., Oct 18, 2004.

1. A.M.A.G.

A.M.A.G. New Member

gonna get unleashed on some team soon...?

Maybe in this upcoming champs league game...

Or maybe against Man. Utd.?

He's been getting these 10 minute run outs... is Wenger trying to keep him chomping at the bit... then spring him on some unsuspecting team?

Against Aston Villa was the most I've ever seen him play... the kid is nice with the ball at his feet... wondering what he'll look like with a decent run out.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He will get his first start against City, and will have to impress. From there on in I can only see him getting a look in if we have injuries.

3. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

Wenger himself apparently told him he was due to sit and watch and learn for the first few months of the season so he knows what to expect in the EPL... i dont think we will see him play an increased role until mid november... (depending on injuries)...

but as SOl said, he will certainly play in the CC competitions....

4. Arjan

Arjan New Member Trusted

As USArsenal said, he will have to learn the first few months. In a recent interview RvP said he has to wait for 4-5 months. And the season is only 2 months old.
    I think it will be around January, when you play twice a week, little injuries for every player, everyone gets a little tired and then it will be his time.

5. Mark

Mark New Member Elite

It's best not to rush him. However, I'd like to see him play as much as Reyes was playing when he first arrived. Carling Cup and FA Cup games will be good for him plus an occasional final 10-15 minutes of a Premiership match.

6. sabret00the

sabret00the New Member Trusted

being that i'm wanting him to make that Dennis role his own, i'm more than happy for him to wait while Dennis does what he does best. i just hope he's learned enough to impress during the Worthless Cup

7. jay-d

jay-d Member

I hope it's soon the lad looked quality even though he was only on for 10 mins his touch and his ability to beat a man with ease left me wanting more.

8. sukiarsenal

sukiarsenal New Member

looks like he has good vision. whjich i love in players :p

9. KingReyes

KingReyes New Member Trusted

RVP will get the chance to impress against Citeh in the Carling Cup. At the moment he'll only get minutes in the league and CL and maybe starts in the FA cup.

10. bobbypires

bobbypires New Member Elite

Hard competition in the places where he can play. But it's good for the boy. He'll shine soon.

11. Feanor

Feanor New Member

From what I read of his interview, he's been told he'll have to wait 3-4 months at least before he gets a run in the team. The question is, who do you bench?

12. hesham

hesham New Member

I really hope its soon cause i really think if theres anyone who can remotly replace Berkamp its this guy.. hes has great vision which we've seen in flashes and under Wenger i think he has a bright future

13. Bouchra

Bouchra New Member

Wenger said him that he would bring him easy. And Robin just said that he is now gaining on his 'schedule' so it is okay. He needs some time to get used to the team and the English football, it is much faster than Dutch football. Wenger just does it easy, no pressure for him. We just have to be patient.

14. dafish

dafish New Member

i would say rvp is likely to end up on the left wing. reyes is simply too good of a striker, and when creativity is needed it seems bentley is closer to bergie's style than rvp.

having said that, i still haven't seen rvp play more than 15 min in what few games are avaiable to canada so it is difficult to say. but after the villa game i was surprised how smooth flamini melted into the squad and i didn't know better i would've thought he has been playing first team for arsenal for yrs already

15. Mark

Mark New Member Elite

Reyes has played more as a winger this season than he has upfront. RvP is not a winger, so I'd say he should be playing upfront rather than Reyes at the moment.

16. kenada

kenada New Member

yup he looks good, I hope he doesnt start anytime soon but cause that will only force me to get a Van Persie jersey, and currently im broke :D

17. gunnertilldeath

gunnertilldeath New Member Elite

the kid is quality. he will get his chance though. reyes' transfer was bigger than his and reyes still had to wait so he cannot expect instant action. he will come good like reyes has. the future is bright my friends. the future is very ****in bright...

18. jeromelee

jeromelee New Member

As much as I want to see him play, I really don't want to see any other player left out at the moment. Everyone's just doing a great job.

19. Sammer

Sammer New Member Elite

At this point, no one (except for Wenger) can really tell how he would perform in a 90 minute-match.

My personal guess ist, that it is too early to give him more than these 1-15 minute snippets.

And there is no need to rush either, it just shows how sensible Wenger tries to introduce him to the EPL and the Arsenal style of play.

20. quattro

quattro Active Member

carling cup is coming soon (against city) and im assuming that he will definitely play 90 mins there. as for the next two matches, i think having him as an option to come from the bench will have to do for the moment. not saying anything against his class mind but just that the first teamers in those position have been nothing short of marvelous of late.

patience is a virtue. his time will come.