• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is Shaun Wright-Phillips Wrighty's adopted son?

OZGunner

Forgive my ignorance is Shaun Wright-Phillips, adopted or not? I am not meaning to be offensive or anything, I am just curious I had a disagreement with a friend about it.

Soler

Established Member
Absolutely no idea. All I know is that he's adopted or step-son. Remember the commentator saying it during the Citeh match at Highbury.

"As a boy he used to watch his ____, Ian Wright play here, at Highbury ..."

The blank is what I can't remember :p

OZGunner

Biggus said:
The way he buried the $@#%s He must be a chip off the old block :wink:

That is my thoughts, bloody coincidence that an adopted son would be good enough to play footy at the elite level.

In Australian Rules we have a father-son rule, meaning if a father plays X number of games for a club then that club has the first option to draft his son/s that may he may produce.

I have an interest in genetics and the passing on of sporting talent.

Soler

Established Member
OZGunner said:
Biggus said:
The way he buried the $@#%s He must be a chip off the old block :wink:

That is my thoughts, bloody coincidence that an adopted son would be good enough to play footy at the elite level.

I'm sure Wrighty taught him everything he knows in the back yard :wink:

satan_beckham

lewdikris said:
He's his son by birth, but he didn't grow up with him - child from a previous relationship.

dont think so..how old is shaun wirghpt phillips?hes around 23 now and ian wirght is now reaching 40..so it makes no sense..check soccernet on a profile on shaun,he is Ian Wright's adopted son

invisibleman18

Established Member
i have heard from commentators that he is his adopted son. he looks a bloody good player. maybe ian wright can persuade him to come here, i would like to see him in our team.

-SAVIOLA-

West Coast ain't even good enough for the WAFL mate.

Jako needs to retire before he embaraces himself even more.

Sorry about going odd the subject.

KoLo28

saviola you stupid dumb ****, pathetic dockers supporter who wouldn't know two hoots about football or the eagles, i guess though you dont have much else to say seeing as your team is **** and have done jack **** in 9years. jacko is a club legend and would cain pavlich on a one on one 100% of the time, so shut your trap and go ream waterhouse's hairy arsehole.

Aussie

Established Member
KoLo28 said:
saviola you stupid dumb f**k, pathetic dockers supporter who wouldn't know two hoots about football or the eagles, i guess though you dont have much else to say seeing as your team is s**t and have done jack s**t in 9years. jacko is a club legend and would cain pavlich on a one on one 100% of the time, so shut your trap and go ream waterhouse's hairy arsehole.

Hey go kolo28

got to agree with you there mate Freo are **** how many times have they beaten you once twice

A

Anonymous

Ive always thought he was adopted.

He is a class player though, getting better all the time.

Top Bottom