• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is The Premier League Tougher Than It Used To Be?

Is It?

• Total voters

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The Bolton side that scraped survival on the final day in 03 wipes the floor with at LEAST half the league btw.

Also went and beat United at OT two seasons in a row if we want to play that game.

I said it before in this thread there's no actual evidence in this thread, just cope because of how **** Arsenal have become.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why did Liverpool and Chelsea do everything to bottle top four? They could get away with a few injuries and still win a few years ago, but now you have the likes of Fulham and Newcastle going to Anfield and coming away with something.
Liverpool were battling with injuries last season. Chelsea had their own version of Arteta stinking up the place until he was binned.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He wasn't their Arteta tbf, he's finished in the top 4 before. :lol:
But the point still stands. He was tanking their season and he was binned.

Tuchel even tried to bottle the top on the final day but there was basically no challenger and it fortunately didn't cost them.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
But the point still stands. He was tanking their season and he was binned.

Tuchel even tried to bottle the top on the final day but there was basically no challenger and it fortunately didn't cost them.
I don't understand why you think that means the league is weak? If anything it proves that anyone can beat the big teams on any given day.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Let’s be real, none of top teams at the moment can chat to the two teams below:

300px-Man_Utd_vs_Chelsea_2008-05-21.svg.png

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
If you look at strength it must be measured against the top leagues in Europe. La Liga dominated European competitions for a decade, but in the last 3 or 4 years the PL teams have have dominated the CL with 2 all English finals in 3 years. The foreign TV deal has given Premier league teams even lower levels ones a financial advantage over the other big 4 leagues. This is the best the league has been against European competition since the late 70s and early to mid 80s when 3 separate English teams Villa, Forest and LFc were dominating the old European cup. When you look at the collapse of La Liga financially, and the limited wage structures in Germany, the Pl is the best because it has the most money, the most big clubs, and the most big name managers.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Peak Barclays will always be United v Arsenal, tbh.

You will never see a rivalry like that again in this league, felt like a scripted film series at times.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
How can people seriously not think this is peak Barclays?
City’s team now and LFC team that ran away with league and won CL year before would smash these teams. Nostalgia always makes old legends better than they were sports and athletes get better over time.

Riou

City’s team now and LFC team that ran away with league and won CL year before would smash these teams. Nostalgia always makes old legends better than they were sports and athletes get better over time.

They definitely wouldn't smash them, they would be tight games.

Think all 4 teams are around the same level, imo.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Nah, I don’t think they would.

People seem to be sleeping on that Utd team with Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez. They also had a fantastic partnership with Ferdinand and Vidic at the back - for me, that was arguably better than their 99 team.

Riou

for me, that was arguably better than their 99 team.

Agreed, it's the same with us.

United 1999 and Arsenal 2004, had the most famous achievement for their respective clubs.

But in terms of who is the best team based on all-round ability, it's our 2002 team and their 2008 team.

Tir Na Nog

Not a hope would they smash them. That United team in particular is scary good and has way too much fire power not to score a few past either side. I mean Brentford managed to score 3 Vs Liverpool, you telling me Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney supplied by Scholes and Carrick couldnt do the same?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Might be an unpopular opinion with these modern day fans but in terms of ability, I’d even stretch as far to say that Ferdinand was a better defender than VVD imo. I rate VVD highly but peak Ferdinand was just as good, if not better than him.

Tir Na Nog

Might be an unpopular opinion with these modern day fans but in terms of ability, I’d even stretch as far to say that Ferdinand was a better defender than VVD imo. I rate VVD highly but peak Ferdinand was just as good, if not better than him.

This is not a stretch at all, Ferdinand is the greatest defender in PL history. And he has a decade and a half almost of proof, and at least 10 of those years he was at the absolute top of his game.

Latest posts

Top Bottom