• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is The Premier League Tougher Than It Used To Be?

Is It?

• Total voters

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta has the most wins of any Arsenal manager in their first 150 games.

Arteta 87
Wenger 82
Graham 82
Bradshaw 78

EL fixtures clearly skew the data a bit, but still, good job.
Lol. People still posting sh!t like this to compare Arsenal managers.

I’ll give you a comparison Arteta came 8th, 8th, 5th in his first 3 seasons but Arsène came 3rd, 1st and 2nd. He didn’t drop out of Europe or demand all his own players, or get the second biggest club investment in player transfers of all 5 European leagues.

Now, I’m guessing that’ll trigger the sexuals. And they’ll start crying about the league being harder or Arteta only took over in Dec. Which further proves that comparison stats between managers are totally meaningless unless you can standardise the variables.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
League's very tough these days, basically need an equivalent to a phd in the subject to succeed. Arteta's really turned things around at Arsenal

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

I’ll give you a comparison Arteta came 8th, 8th, 5th in his first 3 seasons but Arsène came 3rd, 1st and 2nd. He didn’t drop out of Europe or demand all his own players, or get the second biggest club investment in player transfers of all 5 European leagues.

Now, I’m guessing that’ll trigger the sexuals. And they’ll start crying about the league being harder or Arteta only took over in Dec. Which further proves that comparison stats between managers are totally meaningless unless you can standardise the variables.

Just posting facts mate. I only see you crying about this tbh :lol:

I already said Arteta's EL fixtures massage his stats a bit.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Everything is going to be okay mate!

samspade

You used to be able to win leagues with 76 points back in the day. Win % only objective way to compare. Reckon Mikel would smash up the 90's early 2000's period

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Why do you let yourself get riled up by stuff like that?

Arteta isn't fit to shine Wenger's shoes in literally any regard. He's massively improved this season to a level I didn't think he could after the hot garbage he served up for two years and while it doesn't matter to a club with the endless resources we have there are massive question marks about his ability to deliver under circumstances 99% of managers in the world have to operate under.

We're doing great now, better than we have for a very long time. Everything else, history revisionism etc is all fluff

GDeep™

League is very weak
One thing going for us is that we and Arteta are competing with the worst Chelsea and United sides of the last 20 years. So a real chance to capitalise on that. Liverpool in clear decline.

The league is pretty weak outside City.

samspade

Last season was our chance at top 4, league's never been weaker. Just can't see us making it this season or ever again for that matter

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Everything is going to be okay mate!
Arteta’s doing very well this year so far. Posting meaningless stats to show he’s beating Wenger is laughable. Best not to get carried away and just enjoy the big improvement.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Why do you let yourself get riled up by stuff like that?

Arteta isn't fit to shine Wenger's shoes in literally any regard. He's massively improved this season to a level I didn't think he could after the hot garbage he served up for two years and while it doesn't matter to a club with the endless resources we have there are massive question marks about his ability to deliver under circumstances 99% of managers in the world have to operate under.

We're doing great now, better than we have for a very long time. Everything else, history revisionism etc is all fluff
I’m not riled up, just pointing out the stupidity of that post is all. :lol:

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Arteta’s doing very well this year so far. Posting meaningless stats to show he’s beating Wenger is laughable. Best not to get carried away and just enjoy the big improvement.

Its just a stat, not much to make of it!

I think if you asked @Blood on the Tracks who he believes to be a better manager, its safe to assume he’d say Wenger (as would any and all reasonable football fans)

It is possible Arteta has won more games of any Arsenal manager’s first 150 AND that he is not the best manager Arsenal have ever had. He “beat” Wenger’s first 150 win %, cool! Fun fact! Pointing out that truth isn’t ****ting on Wenger, it’s not that deep. As you say, and as everyone knows, there is far more to the story than that singular statistic

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

Bro he literally just posted factual data that says Arteta is doing very well, even added the part about EL fixtures skewing the stat a bit and you go into full Wenger defense mode.

How does this:

I0eo0Fj.png

Trigger this response:

Lt4qnBz.png

It was the most milquetoast "Arteta is doing a pretty good job!" post and you turn it into "STOP ATTACKING MY DADDY" instantly, to the point where even Jones - the most perpetually turned up to 11 individual on the entire forum - has to indirectly tell you to calm your tits :lol:

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
A resounding most definite yes from me.
It's obvious.

The question, btw, isn't if the premier league is tougher than it used to be (because of the natural question of evolution of disciplines, sport included, it's not a really worthwhile question), it's: is the premier league better compared to the rest of other leagues / european competitors than it used to be?

The answer to that is yes. English teams haven't gone from being dominated in Europe in the first half of the 2010s to dominating it in the latter part of the 2010s to continuing to dominate it more than any other league now by accident. People like Florentino aren't desperate to make a super league--seeing that the Premier League's net spend was bigger than all the next 4 biggest leagues combined, this past summer--for nothing.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom