• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is The Premier League Tougher Than It Used To Be?

Is It?

• Total voters

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I mean Roy Keane might just look at one of these snowflakes and say something about his Karen momma and his hyphenated name and we will have to stop the match for an FA investigation. I came from generation where Ronnie Lott lopped off two of his fingers and played in a Super Bowl 10 days later by turning the game after he lit up 110 kilo Running back with his hand bandaged like the mummy, completely ignited his whole team. No way my generation or those just after loses to these ladies of today in a real contact sport.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Which player today is peak Messi at 19. Messi isnt part of this generation nor is Lebron. No true GOAT level athlete started their pro career after 2006, look at tennis. The society is sick, I didn’t believe it either i always said sports advances over time, but that progression is not linear. A sick society has knocked sports back, Covid didn’t help either. The millenials are soft, no way a team of men in their prime from Gen X or before similarly talented would lose to these multimillion dollar momma’s boys.

You're quoting Messi, Bolt and other outliars. They aren't the average

Having said that Erriyon Knighton is faster at 200m as a 18 year old than Usain Bolt was and is the 5th fastest of all time already as an 18yo. If Knighton progresses at a normal rate he'll break Bolt's 200m record. Noah Lyles has come very close to Bolt's 200m record, beaten Michael Johnson's American record and plans to take the world record this season or next. He's written a WR target on his track shoes.

Also Messi had a legal sicknote to take HGH to increase his natural tendons and such. I don't think this is a coincidence that he's the best while taking HGH. Barce players also doped like crazy

Farzad Stoned

You're quoting Messi, Bolt and other outliars. They aren't the average

Having said that Erriyon Knighton is faster at 200m as a 18 year old than Usain Bolt was and is the 5th fastest of all time already as an 18yo. If Knighton progresses at a normal rate he'll break Bolt's 200m record. Noah Lyles has come very close to Bolt's 200m record, beaten Michael Johnson's American record and plans to take the world record this season or next. He's written a WR target on his track shoes.
Yeah but there was a lull after golden generation. This generation is really soft and badly reared and managed from childhood. Look at society at large they are just choosing not to work or leave momma’s basement. Look at anti Fat shaming movement has done to team sports. We got an epidemic of hyper talented fat guys in the NBA who are too soft to play 70-80 games of basketball. Ac Green didn’t miss a game in an 82 game season for a decade. These athletes are soft and fragile humans

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah, I look at someone like Gilberto, in my top 5 Arsenal players of all time.

Fantastic player, but I think these days he'd be too limited on the ball for what's expected of a modern DM at the top, top level. Similar for Makelele tbh.

I’ll give you Gilberto as Wenger himself moved him to CB (which also kinda debunks Gilberto not finding a place in the modern game or the notion that any of the tactics we see today are new but I digress).

Makalele was a very accomplished midfielder however, don’t be fooled by one role he played under a certain coach.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Underpe
Gilberto would’ve developed his game further if he was in an academy today.

Makelele was phenomenal, he would be perfect in todays game, was more than just a simple sitter.

Yeah, but we're not comparing them as to what they could have been if they were around today.

The whole point of the discussion is the past vs the present.

So you're admitting that things are better today....Thanks.
[/QUOTE]
I’m saying Makelele can play in any era and Gilberto, a WC winner and an invincible, could also adapt to any team or style. However and in whichever way.
Underpe
Gilberto would’ve developed his game further if he was in an academy today.

Makelele was phenomenal, he would be perfect in todays game, was more than just a simple sitter.

Yeah, but we're not comparing them as to what they could have been if they were around today.

The whole point of the discussion is the past vs the present.

So you're admitting that things are better today....Thanks.
[/QUOTE]
No, I said those players could play at any time, any team or any era. Stop being an idiot mate.

You seen modern midfields btw? All runners. Even the Real mid of Kroos and Modric is from a different era, on its last legs now.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah, I look at someone like Gilberto, in my top 5 Arsenal players of all time.

Fantastic player, but I think these days he'd be too limited on the ball for what's expected of a modern DM at the top, top level. Similar for Makelele tbh.
Gilberto is in your top 5 favourites or what you think are the best you’ve seen? If latter, then you’re being ridiculous again.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Yeah but there was a lull after golden generation. This generation is really soft and badly reared and managed from childhood. Look at society at large they are just choosing not to work or leave momma’s basement. Look at anti Fat shaming movement has done to team sports. We got an epidemic of hyper talented fat guys in the NBA who are too soft to play 70-80 games of basketball. Ac Green didn’t miss a game in an 82 game season for a decade. These athletes are soft and fragile humans

Yes but old people have been saying this for 1000s and 1000s of years about new generations mate. You can literally look at the writings in Greek times saying the same thing you're saying

Ultimately elite sports people will be generally elite. If anything with modern nutrition they're generally better. In the 80s and 90s footballers would show up hungover to matches. Arguably the best player in the world in 1990 had a bit of a beerbelly in John Barnes.

Also isn't the NBA just a bit of a height competition anyway?

Farzad Stoned

Yes but old people have been saying this for 1000s and 1000s of years about new generations mate. You can literally look at the writings in Greek times saying the same thing you're saying

Ultimately elite sports people will be generally elite. If anything with modern nutrition they're generally better. In the 80s and 90s footballers would show up hungover to matches. Arguably the best player in the world in 1990 had a bit of a beerbelly in John Barnes.

Also isn't the NBA just a bit of a height competition anyway?
No Nba is a skills and toughness competition. You think it is easy being a giant with those joints landing on hardwood every step. It takes both incredible athletic ability and the playoffs are draining in every way. Yes adults been saying this for 1000 years and guess what they are right. Could you imagine any of the tossers of subsequent generations storming the beach at Normandy?. i mean not one of them can play a season consistently, no Iron man records are being established nowadays as there are no Iron men. That is why players from developing world are starting to rise up. Their societies have not been completely Vagified

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
No Nba is a skills and toughness competition. You think it is easy being a giant with those joints landing on hardwood every step. It takes both incredible athletic ability and the playoffs are draining in every way. Yes adults been saying this for 1000 years and guess what they are right. Could you imagine any of the tossers of subsequent generations storming the beach at Normandy?. i mean not one of them can play a season consistently, no Iron man records are being established nowadays as there are no Iron men. That is why players from developing world are starting to rise up. Their societies have not been completely Vagified

I haven't really watched NBA since the 90s but my casual eyes told me Shaqueel O'Neil was a big fat ****er who kept missing free throws. Shouldn't highschool kids make freethrow shots? He was obviously there because he was big and tall and wouldn't be athletic enough to be in any other sport except maybe American Football, which also has allot of very fat players. This was before he went to the Lakers, I think he was playing for Orlando or somewhere.

Also the other mistake you're making is you're mixing up general society with people wanting a cop out with elite athletes. Elite athletes are elite because of elite mentality. The best example of this is 1990s Olympic double gold double world record holder Michael Johnson who said he was great because of his genetic. In the same documentary we saw his morbidly obese sisters who had diabetes. They had the same genes but different characters. The era didn't matter

Farzad Stoned

I haven't really watched NBA since the 90s but my casual eyes told me Shaqueel O'Neil was a big fat ****er who kept missing free throws. Shouldn't highschool kids make freethrow shots? He was obviously there because he was big and tall and wouldn't be athletic enough to be in any other sport except maybe American Football, which also has allot of very fat players. This was before he went to the Lakers, I think he was playing for Orlando or somewhere.

Also the other mistake you're making is you're mixing up general society with people wanting a cop out with elite athletes. Elite athletes are elite because of elite mentality. The best example of this is 1990s Olympic double gold double world record holder Michael Johnson who said he was great because of his genetic. In the same documentary we saw his morbidly obese sisters who had diabetes. They had the same genes but different characters. The era didn't matter
Look I believe sports advances but there are golden peaks and doldrums. The progression is not linear. As it pertains to most sports we are seeing a fall back generation of soft athletes not as tough or good as generation immediately before. Current generation doesn’t even have a contender for being put in Ali, Jordan, Magic, Kobe, Roy Jones, Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Tom Brady etc. We are seeing a two step back period. There literally are almost zero good Centerbacks

Farzad Stoned

How can a 150 year old guy like Brady dominate the most physical contact sport of NFL if the current generation of players aren’t weak and soft like a cupcake.

GoonerJay24

Boxing technique moved on after the 60s. Ali was 6'3, liked to go back in straight lines with hands down and throw arm punches. I'd pick a 6'9 Tyson Fury over him. He's much taller, longer, not far off in foot and handspeed and adding in some more modern techniques. Fury has some interesting skills like shoulder rolling, using the Chris Byrd jab catch and has great use of feints. I'd put Usyk 50-50 with Ali. ALi stuggled with the Euro southpaw he faced. And Usyk has far higher workrate than Ali and is technically better while being the same size.

But boxing aside you're talking about NBA and NFL, which I don't watch. Football has got more tactically efficient but less sexy I think. I prefer watching football 20 years ago, but the tactical systems are much better. I mean try playing 4-4-2 today........

But I think 442 could still work today with the right personnel. I coach at quite a decent standard and my team regularly plays 442.

GoonerJay24

Which player today is peak Messi at 19. Messi isnt part of this generation nor is Lebron. No true GOAT level athlete started their pro career after 2006, look at tennis. The society is sick, I didn’t believe it either i always said sports advances over time, but that progression is not linear. A sick society has knocked sports back, Covid didn’t help either. The millenials are soft, no way a team of men in their prime from Gen X or before similarly talented would lose to these multimillion dollar momma’s boys.

I agree with you on somethings to be honest. Look after this Milan semi-final tonight; the two main strikers, Giroud and Dzeko are in there late 30s

Farzad Stoned

I agree with you on somethings to be honest. Look after this Milan semi-final tonight; the two main strikers, Giroud and Dzeko are in there late 30s
We had a flurry of goat level talent all through 80s,90s, 2000s, and up to like 2005; then no more. Like every sport i followed even casually

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I blame the general *****ification of society and virtue signalers. As an employer in America i can tell you ignorance, entitlement, false drama queen grievances and laziness is the norm. None of these attributes lend to good football. I will give you an example, they literally broke the Arsenal v. Newcastle in early May in Newcastle at the 25 minute mark to let these ladies wearing uniforms get a heat break. A freaking heat break at 25 minutes because of the Kalhari style heat of Newcastle in early May? Some lawyer tw.t is behind this. What next are we going to break the match if one of these ladies chips his/her/insert pronoun nail; or had a bad break up and just needs to cry.

Which Tennis players today are as good as peak Nadal, Federer, Djokovic

Which sprinter as good as peak Usain Bolt

Which basketball player better than peak Lebron

The feminists and their gangster trial lawyers have decimated the ATP and American Professional basketball by demanding equal pay at slams for less work and ratings; and that teenage Nfl prospects and NBA prospects are forced if they want to work into slave labor risking long term injury by the NCAa and title 9 law so they can subsidize rich white girl sports nobody watches. Lots of college football players have been crippled and died for free never getting a chance to be a pro so rich white girls get a free education and a bad ass lacrosse pitch

Once the feminists, virtue signalers, and most importantly their parasite vermin charlatan trial lawyers infilitrate the male world of sports they are there to rob it and neuter it. They already feel all rich, single and sexually active males especially if you have money or employ someone are basically criminals who need to be extorted or imprisoned. Millenials feminized by this Karen culture of helicopter moms are incapable of being real men or footballers.

billy-madison-dumber.gif

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You can't judge any sports era by the freak talents they produce anyway. They are by definition anomalies and would have thrived in any era.

Top Bottom