• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is The Premier League Tougher Than It Used To Be?

Is It?

• Total voters

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
No his point doesn’t stand since his point that we need to contextualise the tactical battles Arteta was competing in in league with a “importation of superior foreign managers”. How is that true when last season, when he finished 8th, effectively half the league was managed by *** British managers? So what was his excuse then? Nada.

Further more he compares this with Emery’s 1st season who he posits faced inferior managers when Emery actually managed in a league with MORE “superior foreign managers”, lmao

And it’s laughable that you defend Dean Smith and David Moyes as good British managers yet are implicitly defending his point that someone like Harry Redknapp is *** when Redknapp has won an FA Cup and finished 4th twice, something either of them have achieved. So where is the logical consistency in assessing which British managers are bums and which aren’t? It’s nowhere to be found in this moronic point.

It’s clear you haven’t understood the point being made so I have no idea why you interjected since you’ve just made yourself look like a mug.
Dean Smith is indeed a good british manager, he is the one I rate highest after Graham Potter.

Pointless arguing with you. You are just an agenda merchant. You are invested in the Em*ry / Arteta thing when I am not even making that argument, lol, and confirmation biasing your way into the argument that defends you against this perceived argument that I'm not even making.

Yes, the league is better than it was 3 years ago, and 2 years ago. Is it an excuse for Arteta? Absolutely not. He has to get top 6 with this squad at a minimum.

The Em*ry argument is a totally different one and I've laid out my reasons for that. You are just obsessed there and pushing a massive agenda because the last time we had that argument you made pages worth of posts and still managed to fail to even mention or recognise one of the most important points in the whole discussion (where Em*ry picked the club up in terms of result and performance level compared to the rest of the league; where Arteta picked the club up in terms of results and performance level compared to the rest of the league).

And it’s laughable that you defend Dean Smith and David Moyes as good British managers yet are implicitly defending his point that someone like Harry Redknapp is *** when Redknapp has won an FA Cup and finished 4th twice

You do realise this works directly in favour of my point, lol?

That a manager like Redknapp could finish 4th twice is a perfect example of how the league has evolved significantly.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We finished 2nd in the League when everyone else was on a rebuild. It was a golden chance for us to win the league and we decided to go in with only Cech as our new signing. It was clear that our squad was not performing that well and in the next season it was proven true by our horrible performances once all the other clubs got their footing. Now you seem to value FA cup win. Will you also value Arteta's FA cup win then?
He didn’t win the league = he was doing poorly. Come in bro, you’re better than that AFTV nonsense. The stats show he was doing well, look at us now ffs.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Undusted clubs renew manager positions when things go stale, assna didn’t
Your definition of going stale is 2nd in the league? Our fans are idiots, they deserve all they’re getting in the bottom half of the table. :lol:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
He didn’t win the league = he was doing poorly. Come in bro, you’re better than that AFTV nonsense. The stats show he was doing well, look at us now ffs.
Why do you overlook everything I said and take a small part of my post without any context and arguing with that? Every other team was going through rebuild. They were all having new managers. Arsenal was the only club that was stable at that time. And it was not like we were fighting neck to neck with Leicester. We were 10 points behind them. We were not playing well. We scored only 71 points that season. In the next season, when all the other clubs got going, we got 75 points and still finished 5th.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Except we were 5th in his last two seasons.
Except that was ****ing amazing considering the campaign against him. Even with all those distractions and sh!t trying to bring him down and ruin games, he was still ten times better than Arteta.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Why do you overlook everything I said and take a small part of my post without any context and arguing with that? Every other team was going through rebuild. They were all having new managers. Arsenal was the only club that was stable at that time. And it was not like we were fighting neck to neck with Leicester. We were 10 points behind them. We were not playing well. We scored only 71 points that season. In the next season, when all the other clubs got going, we got 75 points and still finished 5th.
Arsène had some shocking injuries that year, particularly Cazorla early on. The worst in the league. We weren’t the only team without problems, just a lie spread by his detractors. Decline means a metric is going down over a period of time, not up and down like points, not up like league position, not up like defensive stats, not up like cup wins, not up like xG measurements.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Arsène had some shocking injuries that year, particularly Cazorla early on. The worst in the league. We weren’t the only team without problems, just a lie spread by his detractors. Decline means a metric is going down over a period of time, not up and down like points, not up like league position, not up like defensive stats, not up like cup wins, not up like xG measurements.
Arteta fans could also use Partey's injury as a reason why we are not able to consistently play well. Would you accept that as an excuse?
We were the only team that was had a stable manager on long term. Every other team had signed new managers.
You would trust league position as an acceptable metric until 2015 season. Just when that metric goes down, you will stop accepting that metric, start looking at the "context" and blame fans for the results. But you won't accept context based arguments given by others on the seasons before it.

If you are really a metrics person, stick to that till the end. If you are someone who is open to the idea that context matters along with statistics, be open when someone gives context on earlier seasons. Right now, what you are doing is just "Statistics when I want(until 2015-16 season), context when I don't want(after 2015-16 season)".

Top Bottom