• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is The Premier League Tougher Than It Used To Be?

Is It?

• Total voters

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Really strange this league is getting harder stuff. Every time we play another team it’s always a poor Sp**s, a poor United, a poor Everton etc.:lol:

Yeah but a poor Sp**s, Utd and Everton have been replaced by a top quality Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea and an on the up Leicester and West Ham.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No salary cap for the Bulls and also if you add it up LeBron has had more quality seasons than MJ as well.
Current sportsmen have more longevity. Better nutrition, sports science, more protection from refs.just watching Kroos and Modric after watching Ronaldo. Yes, it took Jordan a while to win, but he was facing stacked Lakers and Boston teams. Those we’re some of the best teams ever in my book. I struggle to find a team in the last era that stacks up to some of those great ones. LeBron had to play with Wade and Bosh To get over the hump too. My kid loves LeBron but always says MJ shades it for him since as my kid keeps saying, the current league is a bit of a “cupcake league”. MJ was incredibly obsessive about winning (perhaps a bit unhealthily)and that to me is why he would be close to, or at the very top in every era.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah but a poor Sp**s, Utd and Everton have been replaced by a top quality Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea and an on the up Leicester and West Ham.
Leicester are poor this year too. 10th aren't they? GD-3

And I don't think Liverpool, City and Chelsea have replaced anybody. They're the only 3 teams out of the so called top 6 who are any good. Poverty league this year as Moyes is showing.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

And I don't think Liverpool, City and Chelsea have replaced anybody. They're the only 3 teams out of the so called top 6 who are any good. Poverty league this year as Moyes is showing.

Leicester have been very good the last few years. Won a few trophies and play good football. Liverpool are better than they’ve ever been in the PL era. City are arguably the best side the league has seen and Chelsea are still as strong as ever.

The league back then had a lot of dross also.

PS. The Spuds have always been poor. In fact they’re stronger now than they were 10 years ago.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

And 2015/16 all Big 6 teams were firing on all cylinders, yet we still managed to get a 2nd place finish! Incredible! ;)

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
This too, annoys me aswell.

Barca when Arsenal are in the Champions League...Messi, Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Villa etc.

Barca when Arsenal aren't in the Champions League...Oh, lets buy Luuk De Jong and Martin Braithwaite!

****ing ****s!
tbf though the reason we aint in the Champions league is because the prem is harder so it Kinda proves the whole point of the thread 😝
If Uefa wanted to be fair the Prem should probably get 6 teams in the Champs league now & a couple of other Countries should lose a place 👍

GDeep™

League is very weak
Overall the level of football has declined. Less great attacking players, less flair, less great defenders, less styles of play, less great club teams. Even international is dead

If you can run now, you’ll get a game. Imagine Juan Roman Riquelme today? You guys will call him a lazy guy with attitude problems. In his time, he became a cult figure.

Had a drink again, if I don’t make sense then you know why.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
With all the pressing and intensity and emphasis on physical fitness I think attackers are afforded less space than they were 10-15 years ago.
Thats why nobody sees great No 10's anymore there is not the time & space available to stroll around & look good.
I actually think the last 5 years has really made this a virtual no, no.

Its why even someone supremely talented like Mesut stopped being able do it in the Prem.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Overall the level of football has declined. Less great attacking players, less flair, less great defenders, less styles of play, less great club teams. Even international is dead

If you can run now, you’ll get a game. Imagine Juan Roman Riquelme today? You guys will call him a lazy guy with attitude problems. In his time, he became a cult figure.

Had a drink again, if I don’t make sense then you know why.

You should drink more. That was some elite posting right there.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

"Piss poor" is not a real metric though, that's just your opinion.
It’s a well known metric = investment position - league position.

United = 2 - 8 = -6 = p!ss poor
Sp**s = 6 - 7 = -1 poor
Leicester = 8- 10 = -2 poor
Everton = 7 - 14 = -7 p!ss poor
Arsenal = 5 - 5 = 0 about time after 2 x 8th finishes

Add their GD and xG into the frame and it’s a grim picture of these so call top clubs underperforming. Arsenal the best of the bunch so far. Wolves and West Ham taking advantage. Still its a long way from over and United and Sp**s have taken action now, so things about to change maybe.

Liverpool, Chelsea and City firing on all cylinders with superb xG and GD, and league positions. There’s your real world metrics.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

"Piss poor" is not a real metric though, that's just your opinion.

There are no real metrics either way.

The game has obviously advanced but managers today have far more data, analytics and sports science at their disposal than 20 years ago so that balances out how much “harder” it’s supposed to be.

Big clubs still have far more resources than smaller clubs except instead of spending on scouts and transfer fees they also spend on stats nerds.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

The game has obviously advanced but managers today have far more data, analytics and sports science at their disposal than 20 years ago so that balances out how much “harder” it’s supposed to be.

Big clubs still have far more resources than smaller clubs except instead of spending on scouts and transfer fees they also spend on stats nerds.
Sam Allardyce was using ProZone back in the day. :lol:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Just glad I got to see the abundance of talent in Batigol, Baggio, Crespo, Bokšić, Weah, Boban, Del Piero etc week in week out.

You know you’re getting old when I was watching Chiesa ball out on Football Italia and then his son Federico is taking over now.

DVHfYIpW0AATkQy.jpg

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Just glad I got to see the abundance of talent in Batigol, Baggio, Crespo, Bokšić, Weah, Boban, Del Piero etc week in week out.

You know you’re getting old when I was watching Chiesa ball out on Football Italia and then his son Federico is taking over now.

DVHfYIpW0AATkQy.jpg
They were great days, no doubt about it.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Yeah, still rating Brentford though. Tiny club scrapping their academy using analytics to buy from the academies of other clubs richer than themselves. Moneyball all in action. :lol:

Top Bottom