• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is The Premier League Tougher Than It Used To Be?

Is It?

• Total voters

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The bus stop going down. Can’t defend at all.
Nah, xG showing they’ve been really unlucky. Understat’s got them 4th on expected points behind City, Pool and Chelsea bro. They’ll climb from 12th. You heard it here first.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
34 pages and the consensus seem to be that the league is indeed harder and more competitive. Interesting stuff for my dissertation thesis. Lots of interest quotes going in there, unfortunately none of Trax xG-figures

Kav

Established Member
If you look at the table you wouldn’t think so. So many teams in -GD and aside from the top 3 most have had on a good 5 loses.

Looking at the win column you see that after 6/7th place most teams have less than 50% win ratio in fact the wins average around 3.2 wins for teams between 8-20.

I’d say the stats indicate to me that the quality is really at the top of the league which isn’t very different from the era of the big four but I may be reading this wrong and it’s still only a third of the season gone so we should give it some time to assess the league before we draw any definitive conclusions.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Revista De La Liga was my Gazzetta Football Italia, loved that Galacticos Madrid team and Ronaldinho's Barca...if I was watching football in the 90s, I would have loved channel 4 football.

Such a movie.

Amazing film...how the last guy died with the gas, terrified me as a kid :lol:

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Liverpool also had a midfield of Gerrard, Mascherano and Alonso and never won the league before they fell down a bit after Benitez left. There ain't a better midfield in the league than that right now.

Newcastle had some fella called Shearer carrying them into the CL back in the day. Leeds got to a semi final. It's splitting hairs outside the top 4 of who was better then or now.

One thing is for sure the top 4 aren't at the same level as they where in the mid 2000's. Regularly there would be 3 of the 4 semi finalists in the CL being English clubs.
Did the Pl ever produce two all English CL finals in the span of a couple of seasons. If anything this is the most dominating the PL has ever been in European competition since the last 70s to the mid 80s.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Revista De La Liga was my Gazzetta Football Italia, loved that Galacticos Madrid team and Ronaldinho's Barca...if I was watching football in the 90s, I would have loved channel 4 football.

Amazing film...how the last guy died with the gas, terrified me as a kid :lol:

Yeah used to have that Martinez - Ballbag team up on there.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Did the Pl ever produce two all English CL finals in the span of a couple of seasons. If anything this is the most dominating the PL has ever been in European competition since the last 70s to the mid 80s.

If not for some seriously quality Barcelona and Milan sides the English clubs would have been cleaning up in the Champions League from about 2005-2010. Who is their to even compete with now? Bayern at a push but they aren't the side they where a couple years ago either.

I'd certainly take the Chelsea and United sides from that era over anything on offer in Europe right now. For whatever reason the talent level in the top European leagues has seriously diminished in recent years.

Top Bottom