• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is The Premier League Tougher Than It Used To Be?

Is It?

• Total voters

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ronaldo says EPL has been clearly the best and most competitive league in the world for the past 5 or 6 years. He of course has earlier experience from EPL, and other leagues.

He says even the smaller teams are now tough opponents to the top teams.

Nothing to do with him slowing down now he’s 36 and United crumbling to dust without Fergie, then. :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

No, he is commenting on the league, not his own career.
I realise he’s commenting on the league bro. But it’s a lot easier to say the cheaper teams are getting better than admit he’s half a yard slower.

Still waiting for some actual evidence.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yeah, that's just excuses from Ronaldo...he's a worse player than he was in 2009, while United are a worse team.

Look at some of the "smaller teams" he faced in his first spell in the league, they still took points of all the "bigger sides" and had some top players in them.

The Prem is around the same level since I have started watching it...only thing that changes is certain teams improve while others decline, but the overall level is around the same.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Yeah, that's just excuses from Ronaldo...he's a worse player than he was in 2009, while United are a worse team.

Look at some of the "smaller teams" he faced in his first spell in the league, they still took points of all the "bigger sides" and had some top players in them.

The Prem is around the same level since I have started watching it...only thing that changes is certain teams improve while others decline, but the overall level is around the same.
A few pages back the ‘rise of middle teams challenging the top 6‘ was a big argument for league is getting harder brigade. Wonder how they’re coping with Everton and Villa dropping like stones. :lol: There’s only West Ham making a decent fist of challenging the top 6 now, despite the difficulties United, Sp**s and Arsenal have had. And they’ve got an English manager, putting to bed their other claim that all these foreign managers are causing the league to be much more competitive.

It was always just an argument by the Wenger Out brigade to excuse their rallying cry of ‘any manager can get top 4 with Arsenal’ to denigrate Arsène’s achievements. Well let’s hope Arteta can do it this year, the longer it goes on, despite outspending City recently, the more stupid they look.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Literally everyone in football and their mom: Premier league is at the best level it has been in a while.

Literally every evidence available: Premier League is at the best level it has been in a while, and has been dominating in Europe over the last 5 years in a manner rarely seen.

The truthers: PrEmIeR LeAgUe Is tHe SaMe As It AlWaYs WaS, bEcaUsE...well because, evidence and backing up arguments be damned!!

😂

Hilarious this thread.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Literally everyone in football and their mom: Premier league is at the best level it has been in a while.

Literally every evidence available: Premier League is at the best level it has been in a while, and has been dominating in Europe over the last 5 years in a manner rarely seen.

The truthers: PrEmIeR LeAgUe Is tHe SaMe As It AlWaYs WaS, bEcaUsE...well because, evidence and backing up arguments be damned!!

😂

Hilarious this thread.
Lol. You keep saying the same thing over and over, but it doesn’t make it true.

Here’s points per game over the seasons. Notice how the top 6 in blue are pulling away from the rest in red. The league is getting easier for those top 6 and the trend is clear. What does everyone in football and their mum make of that?

7411-D1-D4-3-F38-49-A2-AD5-D-5970393-E3-FC6.jpg

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

And here’s another for you @AbouCuéllar. The number of points it takes to finish in each position of the league. You can see by the spread in the top positions that they’re getting stronger, upward trend lines. But the rest of the teams are getting weaker, downward trend lines.

As usual, I’m not sure you’ll answer any of these points. But you really ought to if you’re going to keep up this nonsense. Or at least provide some data of your own.

8-DF5728-C-AB73-4-A6-A-8-CCF-39-F2614-BDBD3.jpg

Or perhaps those putting likes on your posts, like @Dj_sds - or @drippin would like to comment.

Last edited:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
And here’s another for you @AbouCuéllar. The number of points it takes to finish in each position of the league. You can see by the spread in the top positions that they’re getting wider and stronger. But the rest of the teams are getting narrower and weaker.

As usual, I’m not sure you’ll answer any of these points. But you really ought to if you’re going to keep up this nonsense. Or at least provide some data of your own.

8-DF5728-C-AB73-4-A6-A-8-CCF-39-F2614-BDBD3.jpg

Or perhaps those putting likes on your posts, like @Dj_sds - would like to comment

Bold of you to assume AM can read graphs

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
The problem is those graphs don't prove what you want it to prove, and actually make a good argument for the actual reality (the league has improved greatly, no surprise that relegations level teams are finding it even harder to register points).

The second graph is a bit of a mess. It doesn't have a time frame, unless you've cut it off, but if I'm reading it right, and the lines drawn are the the trends across time, it's literally showing the opposite of what would be convenient to your argument, that each position except for the relegation positions (who are going downwards) have been trending upwards in terms of what it requires to secure them, which is honestly a terrible trend and evidence for your (ridiculous) stance.

Anyways. Why do I bother. Back on not show content you go, literally the most stubborn and blinded poster I've ever seen lol.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Players across the board are much fitter than they were 15-20 years ago. By extension that translates probably as tougher to a degree..

There were also no state owned clubs back then, which again probably does make it a tougher league at present

Doesn’t take away from the achievements of Wenger, whose biggest spend until Arshavin was £13 million on Wiltord whilst the likes of Sp**s were dropping £20million+ on the likes of Pavlyuchenko and Bentley summer on summer.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Why do I bother.
Kind of beats me. I was thinking about posting something, but why even bother? It is literally like speaking to a wall with that poster. Like discussing trans issues with that Bazze guy. Mind is made up and that is that! It just gets very tedious and repetitive after a while. Any other views on those subjects and you are either a deluded Wenger hating Artetasexual or a raging transphobe. Kind of defeats the purpose of a discussion forum, but that's what it is.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The problem is those graphs don't prove what you want it to prove, and actually make a good argument for the actual reality (the league has improved greatly, no surprise that relegations level teams are finding it even harder to register points).

The second graph is a bit of a mess. It doesn't have a time frame, unless you've cut it off, but if I'm reading it right, and the lines drawn are the the trends across time, it's literally showing the opposite of what would be convenient to your argument, that each position except for the relegation positions (who are going downwards) have been trending upwards in terms of what it requires to secure them, which is honestly a terrible trend and evidence for your (ridiculous) stance.

Anyways. Why do I bother. Back on not show content you go, literally the most stubborn and blinded poster I've ever seen lol.
The second graph does have a time frame, each dot is a season going backwards. And it’s not cut off. And the line is rotating clockwise, showing the downward trend, after position 7.

You’ve been presented with clear evidence that the top 6 are pulling away from the rest making the league easier for them. Your last sentence is clear proof that you’re struggling because you’re resorting to your usual insults.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Kind of beats me. I was thinking about posting something, but why even bother? It is literally like speaking to a wall with that poster. Like discussing trans issues with that Bazze guy. Mind is made up and that is that! It just gets very tedious and repetitive after a while. Any other views on those subjects and you are either a deluded Wenger hating Artetasexual or a raging transphobe. Kind of defeats the purpose of a discussion forum, but that's what it is.
Any comment on the graphs bro? Or are you sticking to insults too?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Doesn’t take away from the achievements of Wenger
Oh, but see it does, doesn't it? It is all part of the "Wenger was on top of his game until the bitter end and the idiotic fans stabbed him in the back, led by AFTV and some dirty A-M posters" narrative. Must be pretty easy to spot, isn't it? Here even the famous squad cost argument has to be relinquished and has to make an unceremonious exit.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Oh, but see it does, doesn't it? It is all part of the "Wenger was on top of his game until the bitter end and the idiotic fans stabbed him in the back, led by AFTV and some dirty A-M posters" narrative. Must be pretty easy to spot, isn't it? Here even the famous squad cost argument has to be relinquished and has to make an unceremonious exit.
Any comments on the graphs bro are you off on one again?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Take out the "Big 6", from when I first got into football...United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leeds and Newcastle (who would have been a match for current day City, Liverpool, Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Sp**s for quality) you still had the likes of West Ham, Villa, Blackburn etc...that all had very good players in them, and would still do well in this current league...there was plenty of quality teams in the Prem back in the day.

I am not even saying this current league is weak, it's also strong...just tired of people thinking that the bottom half teams have only been good recently.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Any comment on the graphs bro? Or are you sticking to insults too?
I haven't bothered reading them yet. And not sure why my post is insulting. Just sticking to facts in my view. We have been discussing these issues over much too long and your position is crystal clear.

PS. Haven't had a chance to congratulate you on your "Trusted" status! Well deserved! ;)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom