• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is The Premier League Tougher Than It Used To Be?

Is It?

• Total voters

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
@Makingtrax keep in mind with the presence of elite coaches in the league, other coaches are learning from it elevating their own skills.

Don't sleep on this fact

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This thread really separates the Highbury Men from the Emirates Children, tbh.

Luckily I am a man-child myself, so I can appreciate it all!

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
@Makingtrax keep in mind with the presence of elite coaches in the league, other coaches are learning from it elevating their own skills.

Don't sleep on this fact
That and it's as always, it's sink or swim, like all kinds of competition, if the middle table clubs don't raise their tactical level accordingly they sink.

Hence why the token past it or just **** Benítez or Mourinho or Mark Hughes or Claude Puel or Marco Silva no longer have a place / success in this league.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Well i disagree more top managers & players are now in the prem than ever. its obvious the middle teams are rising, take out the traditional big 6.
Leicester have won the title & fa cup. Villa have billionaire owners & brought in players like Coutinho ffs.
Everton have spent half a billion to virtually stand still, It simply shows how tough it has become. Newcastle will soon be adding to the mix.
All prem teams have international quality players now.

Hardest league in Europe by miles & getting stronger every year.

The days of mid table teams being full of cloggers are long gone.

Thread is closed now bro 😁
Obvious lol. Leicester are 10th, Villa 13th, Everton 16th, that they’re rising is about as obvious as a camouflaged leopard in the undergrowth of the Serengeti.

Everton we’re way better years ago under Moyes, Champions League, 5th twice. Last few seasons 8th, 8th, 12th, 10th. They’re going backwards.

Villa 2007 to 2010 6th, 6th, 6th, 9th. Last 4 seasons, Championship, Championship, 17th, 11th.

Think it’s called apophenia when people see patterns that don’t exist. :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Don't sleep on this fact
Really? Benetitez, Ole, Dean Smith, Graeme Jones, Daniel Farke, Nuno, Bruce, Muñoz . . . all sacked for going backwards. How come they weren’t learning and elevating their own skills in the presence of elite coaches?

Xln

Really? Benetitez, Ole, Dean Smith, Graeme Jones, Daniel Farke, Nuno, Bruce, Muñoz . . . all sacked for going backwards. How come they weren’t learning and elevating their own skills in the presence of elite coaches?
You are doing the same thing over and over :lol::lol::lol::lol:
It's not like rest of the league's coaches are stagnating but only 1 part is learning etc. If everyone is improving they all become equally tough to play against ffs.

Or do you really think coaches didn't adapt their gameplay and didn't improve it?

Xln

Who takes squad cost merchant serious anyway he is rambling what a team's position should be depending on how much they invest ffs. Doesn't take in other factors like coaches, cohesion in team, fluke, purple patches, reff idiocy, talents showing up etc

Xln

Yeah, sniffing out BS is a speciality.
You keep giving examples that I can litteraly turn it around and ask you the same. But I am not bothered. You litteraly camped this thread and made a stronghold for yourself with Wenger's face printed on every corner

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Who takes squad cost merchant serious anyway he is rambling what a team's position should be depending on how much they invest ffs. Doesn't take in other factors like coaches, cohesion in team, fluke, purple patches, reff idiocy, talents showing up etc
OK, so you‘re not taking me seriously because you think the 6 titles Man City have won in the last decade, are due to cohesion, flukes, ref idiocy etc and not the £1.22 bn they received from Sheikh Mansour. Fair enough Lol.

Xln

OK, so you‘re not taking me seriously because you think the 6 titles Man City have won in the last decade, are due to cohesion, flukes, ref idiocy etc and not the £1.22 bn they received from Sheikh Mansour. Fair enough Lol.
Again you are taking parts of my texts and creating your own story to suit your agenda.
I'll leave it here since you claim City is a stronger side from the money pumped and the rest of the league isn't.

Dj_sds -

So to summarize, the required points to finish in all the positions arsenal is competing for has significantly increased over time. @Makingtrax draws the conclusion, from the graph he himself posted, that arsenal have never had it this easy.

Seems legit.. my mind can't handle this level of sophistication.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

So to summarize, the required points to finish in all the positions arsenal is competing for has significantly increased over time. @Makingtrax draws the conclusion, from the graph he himself posted, that arsenal have never had it this easy.

Seems legit.. my mind can't handle this level of sophistication.
Fair enough, let me help you.

The guy who produced those graphs and other data showed that the top 6 have been getting more and more points with passing seasons for some years, and winning more games against the lower and middle sides.

Now think, is that because the leagues getting easier for them or harder. Take your time.

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'll just leave this here..:eyess:

Arteta: "on Manchester City signing Erling Haaland...

We expect that every team is going to reinforce and get better every single year. That’s been the case in the last three or four years in particular and you can see the standard and the level of the top teams in the league, which is unprecedented in Premier League history and that’s the level. It’s only going to get more and more difficult. All the panning we have to do is to try to get to that level."

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Would the current Arsenal team beat the 11/12 Arsenal ? Would the current Sp**s beat 11/12 Sp**s ? Would the current Chelsea beat 11/12 Chelsea ? Highly debatable

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I'll just leave this here..:eyess:

Arteta: "on Manchester City signing Erling Haaland...

We expect that every team is going to reinforce and get better every single year. That’s been the case in the last three or four years in particular and you can see the standard and the level of the top teams in the league, which is unprecedented in Premier League history and that’s the level. It’s only going to get more and more difficult. All the panning we have to do is to try to get to that level."

"Oh poor me, I have to manage in a league with Haaland in it. Way harder than back in the day where there was Henry, Drogba, Ronaldo, etc".

Boo motherf*cking hoo Mikel nobody even expects you to go for the title you mug.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The level in the Prem is around the same as it's always been...Mikel says that as it makes the job he is doing look better, respect his hustle.

Liverpool and City making big signings now, is like Arsenal and United making big signings in the 00s (Chelsea in there too)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom