• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is The Premier League Tougher Than It Used To Be?

Is It?

• Total voters

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
United comfortably making Top 4 with bottom of the barrel stuff like that (le'ts not forget Weghorst starting 10+ games) really confirms the PL is getting stronger @jones

You and your constant silly points scoring.

Why not come to the league's harder thread and make your arguments there, instead of this nonsense?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
United comfortably making Top 4 with bottom of the barrel stuff like that (le'ts not forget Weghorst starting 10+ games) really confirms the PL is getting stronger @jones
Was never harder to win games in England than today. Any aficionado can tell by seeing only future legends like Wilson Rashford Watkins Mitrovic etc among the league's top scorers.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Was never harder to win games in England than today. Any aficionado can tell by seeing only future legends like Wilson Rashford Watkins Mitrovic etc among the league's top scorers.
For real though, the more I think about it the less I am impressed with our season.
The average United side & almost relegated 18 months ago Newcastle made Top 4, either ETH and Howe are elite managers or this is one of the poorest PL seasons ever
93713.jpg

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
For real though, the more I think about it the less I am impressed with our season.
The average United side & almost relegated 18 months ago Newcastle made Top 4, either ETH and Howe are elite managers or this is one of the poorest PL seasons ever
93713.jpg
Used to take the piss out of Howe for wasting millions on trash at Bournemouth but he deserves a lot of credit for what he's done at Newcastle. Even if they paid a lot of money loads of PL managers can't get that right.

Ten Hag is a tricky one, jury out at the moment imo. Stuff like seven at Anfield, six at City, collapsing vs Sevilla etc could've spelled the end for him but one thing he's definitely doing better than Arteta so far is pick up the pieces and get his team back on track. He's spent absurd amounts but who doesn't in England.

Really weird season, people talk about top teams etc as strong as ever but feels more like it was two top teams, a bunch of rich mid table sides and 10-12 relegation candidates.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You look at the top six and their best players;

City: Haaland, KDB
Arsenal: Saka, Ødegaard
United: Rashford, Bruno
Liverpool: Salah, VVD
Chelsea: Enzo, Silva
Sp**s: Kane, Bentancur

Barring City and perhaps Liverpool the quality is nowhere near what it was years earlier, a real lack of world class stars.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
You look at the top six and their best players;

City: Haaland, KDB
Arsenal: Saka, Ødegaard
United: Rashford, Bruno
Liverpool: Salah, VVD
Chelsea: Enzo, Silva
Sp**s: Kane, Bentancur

Barring City and perhaps Liverpool the quality is nowhere near what it was years earlier, a real lack of world class stars.
van Dijk wouldn't even be top 2 at Southampton these days but other than that bang on.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
93713.jpg
We had a very good season. It depends how you define the league being tougher though.
I would say it's far tougher to win as Man City are the most consistent team ever.

You could also say Sp**s had 30 goals Kane one of the best strikers on the planet & could only manage 8th. Liverpool the only team who have beaten Man city in recent years no longer made top 4.
We fell out of the top 4 for years.
Winning the league & getting top 4 is tougher.

It has been for a long time.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Standard of the league is horrendous atm. Said it all season.

Doesn’t take away from us, we turned up and beat whatever was in front of us most weeks, credit to our consistency.

Outside City, Arsenal and Brighton it was car crash football.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Standard of the league is horrendous atm. Said it all season.

Doesn’t take away from us, we turned up and beat whatever was in front of us most weeks, credit to our consistency.

Outside City, Arsenal and Brighton it was car crash football.
Emery has got Villa playing some good football to; surprised you don’t share your thoughts on him at Villa.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Emery has got Villa playing some good football to; surprised you don’t share your thoughts on him at Villa.

@GDeep™ has HIGH expectations for Villa to be fair, he was apart of the team that actually won the European Cup back in the 1980s, that's his standards.

So until Unai starts winning trophies for them, then G ain't getting interested.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
@GDeep™ has HIGH expectations for Villa to be fair, he was apart of the team that actually won the European Cup back in the 1980s, that's his standards.

So until Unai starts winning trophies for them, then G ain't getting interested.
He played for them in early 80s; damn i thought i was old thank god he is older lol

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Loosely related I'd say, it does give us an idea of where the game is going next. It does touch on the dominance of positional play now, and how that has taken away from the individual and added more to the collective.

I would say one thing though, about relational play. The "three in a row" or "staircase" as I know it, is something that you see a lot in positional play football. It always leads to a dummy situation by the middle player out of the three.

Latest posts

Top Bottom