• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is Toure the best RB in the Premiership?

Where now for Toure?

• Toure in CB?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure in RB?

• I am thiery_14 therefore I think Toure is crap

• Total voters

Webdesignlab

Established Member
I reckon he was the one of the best CBs now he seems to have found a new position to excell in.

He plays like Liliian Thuram, attacking and solid.

I believe imho we should buy a CB in Jan as well as a striker/attacking RM. I know Senderos is supposed to be great but, with his injuries I have had no chance to see the guy play. Mexes (yawn that old chestnut LOL) would be ideal to me.

Adam

Established Member
He's the joint best CB and the best RB in the Premiership. What a great utility man!

If we are looking to buy - Trabelsi at RB and Toure back at CB. Volz has been one of the best RB's in the league too - so we are looking great in that position.

RB aside, the worries should be Cm, Rm, and CF.

jc8gooner

I think that Toure is equally good at Centre back and Right back, although he himself does prefer to play centre back. I think this is where he should play too, as a partnership between him and Sol is superior to that between Sol and Pascal, even though Pascal has been playing well recently. Moreover, we have more than enough capble cover at right back in Lauren, Volz and even Hoyte.

Mark

Established Member
we don't need to buy a RB or a CB. i think we should play volz at RB and toure at CB. what we need is a CM and a striker more than anything.

Andrew

I've now decided for RB. He is great in defending and provides an attacking threat. We could easily find a decent centre back but I don't think there are many RBs like Toure.

A.Hussain

id rather have toure at the cb and volz at rb. about cm with yaya hopefully coming back as well as svard in may, pennant hopefully for the right flank, we finally are looking strong. now all we need is a good striker to pair up with titi and we are gold.....

Jasper

He's quick and pacey, strong, good ball control, has vision, awarness, knows how to mark, and can win balls in the air.

I'm glad we have him on our defense. It doesn't matter where. What does matter though is our other defensive players. It depends on whether Lauren is up to the task and whether Cygan and Keown are in form.

I prefer for Lauren to be in our lineup rather than Cygan or Keown though.

Adam

Established Member
I think his tackling abilities, pace and strength are more of an asset to us centrally.

Important to have a strong spine.

Nippy players revolve around the spine such as Cole, Lauren, Pires, Ljungberg.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I hope Arsène decides on a position for him soon because we need a settled defence. Players need to know what their position is in order to have a settled and composed defence.

lewdikris

Established Member
Like Shakira said, wherever, whatever, whenever. Just let the genius play.

Seriously though, he wants to break from the back - which we might call the Lucio tendency - which is amazing to watch from centre back, but is ****ing risky. At right back it's less of a risk.

Y'all no I worship him, so I cannot be objective, but it just depends who out of Senderos or Volz is the real one to watch for the future (or Trabelsi eh Ad?) that will determine Kolo's position.

We should remember that Wenger's second great discovery at Monaco (after Weah) was one Lilian Thuram, who's been equally awesome in both positions for 15 years.

Toure is going to be that good.

So who cares?

Guns and Arses

Toure is a very versatile player. I prefer him playing in RB because he' can attack. He's fast and dribbles impressively so he can help out our RW to attack. Just like Cole and Pires.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom