• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is your support for Arsenal unconditional?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
My Grandad was an Arsenal supporter and my dad. It's a family thing, so no choice. You get sucked in young.

It's the glory fans with no ties who jumped on board because of the invincibles that are the most pissed. They could have supported any team right, now they're wasting their time supporting a team that can only manage top four and the odd FACup. #couldvesupportedmanu

Eri

My love for this club was not based on winning alone.
Before I loved the way we played, win or loose it was enjoyable.
I can not say this is the case now thought with our play.

So at the moment my love for the club is similar to that of a parent faced with the problem of their kid being a drug addict.
You love them but you find out you are powerless to do anything to help them.
You get frustrated, you rant and just hope one day they can turn it around.

I love this club and care about it hence the frustration with the current situation.
If love was conditional we would have walked off.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Don't think there is an Arsenal supporter that supports the club conditionally. What would be the condition? Trophies? Having the best players? Playing the best football? I'd imagine that would be the conditions a supporter would look at if he was making a 'choice' and Arsenal doesn't meet any. :lol:

:(.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
My Grandad was an Arsenal supporter and my dad. It's a family thing, so no choice. You get sucked in young.

It's the glory fans with no ties who jumped on board because of the invincibles that are the most pissed. They could have supported any team right, now they're wasting their time supporting a team that can only manage top four and the odd FACup. #couldvesupportedmanu
Not entirely ture. I support this club for the exact same reasons. All my family are Gooners except my brother. It is the fact we can't even manage the top four anymore. I think that has us all miffed out. But I fully agree there are a lot of those frustrated glory hunters in our ranks.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

What a load of utter bollocks that is. Like you, I follow Arsenal because of my dad and the support of Arsenal in our family goes back 60 years. That has no effect on whether or not I should be pissed off at the current football situation of the club.

As for the OP, I think your thread title doesn't match the actual question you're asking - which seems to be more along the lines of whether 'support' constitutes blindly consuming everything and anything the club offer. The answer is, of course, no.

The reason that people who clamour for change do so is out of their support of the club and a willingness to see the club they love in a better state. Would people protest things they didn't care about?

It's a silly question and a non-starter as a thread in my honest opinion.

time and time again I have been criticised these last few years for 'aving a pop' at Wenger, Stan or Gazzo - even dumb as a statue Bould.
It is because we should do better and not be complacent. Lord knows we carry a cross supporting the Gunners...surely entitled to point out what needs correcting?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The correct path for a genuine Arsenal fan is to carry on supporting the club. Owners change, managers change, players change but the club stays as Arsenal. If we were ever relegated I would carry on supporting Arsenal. I was an Arsenal fan when we were finishing way lower than we ever have under Wenger and I would never ever change that. Being an Arsenal fan doesn't mean you have to support the manager, owner and everyone else in the club, they are not Arsenal, they are just components that will one day be replaced.

RammiXP

My support for the club will always be unconditional. I love arsenal its a part of my identity. However my engagement, spend and focus on the club changes based on how I perceive the club to be doing and if it brings me some joy.

This is not a statement of winning but effort and the feeling that the club is invested in doing what it can to be the best. The last 5 years have shown me that this club is not invested in being the best it can across a number of different perspectives including tactics, coaching, transfers, commercial, youth development and fan connection.

We are a corporate monster and not a good version. The club feels more disconnected than ever to the fans and we are making poor reactive decisions across all areas. Arsenal are the private equity firm of the footballing world, all about profit and getting as much out of the investment as possible without any real meaningful goal or focus to rally behind. I want us to be an innovator like Google, SpaceX or Tesla. We once were! now we are just a mess.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

What a load of utter bollocks that is. Like you, I follow Arsenal because of my dad and the support of Arsenal in our family goes back 60 years. That has no effect on whether or not I should be pissed off at the current football situation of the club.

As for the OP, I think your thread title doesn't match the actual question you're asking - which seems to be more along the lines of whether 'support' constitutes blindly consuming everything and anything the club offer. The answer is, of course, no.

The reason that people who clamour for change do so is out of their support of the club and a willingness to see the club they love in a better state. Would people protest things they didn't care about?

It's a silly question and a non-starter as a thread in my honest opinion.
One person's bollocks is another's truth.

If your support goes back 60 years you must be aware of how much better the Wenger 20 years were, than the 40 years before. There are many graphs and charts illustrating this point on the Internet . . . trophies, consistency, finishing positions and percentage wins.

Anybody with a family history of supporting Arsenal has unconditional support surely. My dad loved Wenger.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Not entirely ture. I support this club for the exact same reasons. All my family are Gooners except my brother. It is the fact we can't even manage the top four anymore. I think that has us all miffed out. But I fully agree there are a lot of those frustrated glory hunters in our ranks.
The day we can't manage top 4 is the end for the manager surely. There can't be any dispute about that. All else is opinion.

1 point off top 4 with an FACup win thrown in is up for debate though.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

It may seem like we've only ever had one manager but including a couple of caretaker managers, I'm on my 10th Arsenal manager. Just think, if they had all been here as long as Wenger I would now be over 200 yrs old. Fortunately I'm only 120 :)

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Yes so I will struggle through hating the manager and several of the players because I love the institution.

Top Bottom