• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is your support for Arsenal unconditional?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yes, if your support is conditional (i.e you only support the club when it's doing well) then you can't claim to be a supporter. You're just someone that lives their life vicariously through the club because they've got nothing going on in their own life. If anything I feel it's important to support the club more so when it's going through tough times than when it's going through a good time.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Support for the team never dies but the level of support and the emotions involved are always in flux.

Hate the club at the moment yet I'm still looking forward to our next game. It's ****ed.:lol:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
It may seem like we've only ever had one manager but including a couple of caretaker managers, I'm on my 10th Arsenal manager. Just think, if they had all been here as long as Wenger I would now be over 200 yrs old. Fortunately I'm only 120 :)
That's funny....I'm still on my 1st.

Dynamic

Support for the team never dies but the level of support and the emotions involved are always in flux.

Hate the club at the moment yet I'm still looking forward to our next game. It's ****ed.:lol:
You don't hate the club, you hate its board and the people in charge.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
what kind of question is that?Even if we somehow ended up in vanarama conference on every match day I'll still put my arsenal jersey on,sit on the couch in front of the tv & scream at the ref for each & every wrong decision:lol:
Still I'll stay up till the end of transfer window's last minute hoping we could loan some league 2 goon:drool:
Once a gooner,always a gooner:)

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Even if we somehow ended up at vanarama conference on every match day I'll still put my arsenal jersey on,sit on the couch in front of the tv & scream at the ref for each & every wrong decision
Doubt they would be on TV in that case... ;)

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The day we can't manage top 4 is the end for the manager surely. There can't be any dispute about that. All else is opinion.

1 point off top 4 with an FACup win thrown in is up for debate though.
That is fair enough.

Missing top four could be this season, though. We're bound to struggle given our thursday night outings and the lack of important signings. Our rivals look pretty strong right now. Early days yet but still

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I love the club, and always will. However I hate everything about what it's become and how it operates.

I feel it's far more of a business enterprise now than a sporting institution. I hate the board, I have completely and utterly lost faith in the manager, I don't feel like any of the current squad members have any real kind of genuine love or affiliation to the club but I think that's more a result of modern day football than a club specific issue. Wengers first half of his tenure we were an incredible mix of the steel and grit of what was left of the Graham era, and the flair and grace of what he brought. We've now lost all the hallmarks of the qualities that gave us strength in adversity and now we're just a rudderless mess that as soon as the going gets tough we wilt. I feel like the club sold its fans a promise that it has broken, and for however long it's been since we moved stadium has milked those fans for every single penny it could muster and in return treated them with contempt.

We're complacent, unfocused, lazy, reactive, soft, poorly managed both on and off the pitch and grossly stagnant. We're very much a club in decline and desperately need turning round...and yet I'll still watch these f**kers come Saturday.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It all boils down to Kronke. The dream of the new stadium which would make us competitive was already a work-in-progress He correctly judged this would have a massive impact on share prices and wheedled his way in, through hints and innuendo, as a potential Mr Moneybags. then did the dirty on Dein and found the ripe plum falling in his filthy lap.

We will never be a big team whilst he is around. We are living on rapidly disappearing past glories. We are told to feel "excited" at the prospect of a mid-season return of a player (Cazorla) who has been wonderful to watch but is now ageing and crocked. Meanwhile Sanchez will slip out the side door and no replacement bought.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Love is always conditional. there is always a reason.

I am like @Arsenal in Aus . My conditions for support is the reason why I fell in love in the first place: AFC behave in a dignified manner, and (used to) play beautiful football.

Used to be a Utd supporter until they sold Stam and Beckam. I started hating SAF, but still held a degree of affinity until Tevez was sold. Now I hate them. disgusting owners and managers, disgusting tactics and disgusting players. Except LvG. He was ok.

Also used to be a die-hard barca fan during the Rijkard era, then I fell out of love.

Just out of interest where are you from? Just trying to figure out how you went from Barca>Utd>Arsenal, and why you are still an Arsenal fan currently?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
UAE, Indian.

I have no obligation to support anyone...win-win :D

Ah ok I get it now, but why still an Arsenal fan? Die hard Barca fan, then a Utd fan up until Beckham was sold then went on to Arsenal around the invincible years, is Arsenal now your life long club you've found or do you think you will move on again?

My support for Arsenal was through parents choice but always been interested in fans who have the freedom to choose and how deep the support actually is.

At present Arsenal has worn me down to the point of being very 'meh' when we lose or have a sh1tty transfer window as I know we got 2more years of Wenger. I moved to Stevenage a few years back and attended a game a few weeks ago and just couldnt get invested into it. Stevenage lost 6-2 to Oxford who scored some amazing goals, was even clapping the Oxford goals they were that good, just dont think I could ever fully support them. Does it take years to build up the love?

Top Bottom