• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ismaila Sarr

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Well, from the videos it seems to me like he has poor ball control. Good speed and confidence though.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Been wishlisting this guy for ages, he’d be a sort of Theo replacement in terms of his sheer speed and ability to stretch defences.

I’d look at Jadon Sancho first though, if you ain’t wishlisting him you’re dead to me. Lay the groundwork now and go all out in the summer, he’s the sort of commercial and sporting prodigy you could pin the club’s future on. Huge upside.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Been wishlisting this guy for ages, he’d be a sort of Theo replacement in terms of his sheer speed and ability to stretch defences.

I’d look at Jadon Sancho first though, if you ain’t wishlisting him you’re dead to me. Lay the groundwork now and go all out in the summer, he’s the sort of commercial and sporting prodigy you could pin the club’s future on. Huge upside.

Jadon is currently hyped as **** in Germany, not too long at you are talking about the same rating as for Pulisic which means 70-80m at least after missing out on him on a free a year back

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Jadon is currently hyped as **** in Germany, not too long at you are talking about the same rating as for Pulisic which means 70-80m at least after missing out on him on a free a year back

Jadon is hyped but with good reason. He's also just signed a contract until 2022 so leaves 2019 or 2020 it will be huge money, probably a £100m player given his age and quality.

It is interesting names we are linked with and it is always hard to be sure what level these talents are at.

I rather just give Smith-Rowe, Nelson, Saka and Amiechi chances tbh!

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The new team have bought in some very talented 'relative unknowns'. If they think sarr can offer something, I trust them.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jadon is hyped but with good reason. He's also just signed a contract until 2022 so leaves 2019 or 2020 it will be huge money, probably a £100m player given his age and quality.

Is it with good reason? I think it's more to do with he fact he has gone abroad as an Englishman and it Is being milked beyond belief. Anyone gets hyped to be honest. You just need to contribute for about 5 games and it goes through the roof. Bailey had a purple patch for about 10 matches and has done nothing since. Malcom has disappeared. Currently it's Sancho.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Is it with good reason? I think it's more to do with he fact he has gone abroad as an Englishman and it Is being milked beyond belief. Anyone gets hyped to be honest. You just need to contribute for about 5 games and it goes through the roof. Bailey had a purple patch for about 10 matches and has done nothing since. Malcom has disappeared. Currently it's Sancho.

That's my view, I think he's way above the players you have mentioned. Only time will tell but I think he's pretty special from what I've seen and by the fact he's getting games for a top side.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

I was watching their game with Augsburg last weekend and the announcers mentioned the £100 million figure. I thought "well that's just stupid." Loads of talent, but how can you command a triple figure fee for a guy who was just starting his first Bundesliga match of the season and 8th ever? If he were a £100 million player right now he wouldn't be coming off the bench for Borussia Dortmund. We're not talking Mbappe here. Again, terrific talent but people get carried away because he's English.

Just for the record, Arsenal certainly isn't paying that much for him. Besides, had he wanted to play for Arsenal he could have joined last year.

Sarr, however, I could see happening and at a more reasonable price than the English premium Arsenal would have to pay for Sancho. Wouldn't mind picking him up at all.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I have to agree @The_Playmaker and @Slartibartfast here. I've been guilty of hyping up the likes of Bailly and Lozano in the past, no doubt, but I do think that the Sancho hype is pretty premature and the fees being suggested are absolutely laughable. From the clips I've seen, his assists don't consist of passes between the lines to send a player through on goal, they're switches of play or backwards passes that the goalscorer is doing somewhat well to put away. He's also losing the ball fairly often with his dribbles. He still has much to prove, especially as a starter, before he's worthy of playing for our club let alone command a mega fee.

benjamin86

Established Member
I have to agree @The_Playmaker and @Slartibartfast here. I've been guilty of hyping up the likes of Bailly and Lozano in the past, no doubt, but I do think that the Sancho hype is pretty premature and the fees being suggested are absolutely laughable. From the clips I've seen, his assists don't consist of passes between the lines to send a player through on goal, they're switches of play or backwards passes that the goalscorer is doing somewhat well to put away. He's also losing the ball fairly often with his dribbles. He still has much to prove, especially as a starter, before he's worthy of playing for our club let alone command a mega fee.
From an England point of view i hope he stays at Dortmund for another 3 seasons. Much better to make the move up once he's established. We've seen plenty of players make that big move far to early. (Martial and Dembele spring to mind...)

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I like Sancho but I agree he is hyped like anything because of his nationality. I think Pulisic hype is over the top as well for being from da USA. They'd cost a ridiculous amount on promise and on their potential marketability alone. If Arsenal as a club are going to invest that amount it better be a player that delivers and has potential for a big sale to make a significant profit.

The first step for us as of now would be to invest in players that can deliver now or soon and build a well balanced squad to get results. I trust Sven and co to do just that.

We do need to push the boat out for a few players specially in defense but lets see how things develop.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Sancho is hyped because he is 18 and he already has 7 assists this season, averaging nearly two key passes a game. He’s hyped cos he’s young and he’s playing very well. Agree, the fees mentioned are stupid and there’s always an English element to it of course, but he’s not hyped for no reason.

Wouldn’t pay anywhere near 100m, but I’d pay maybe 40m for him in the summer. You may say that’s premature, but Madrid do it with the young Brazilians. And you might not like it, but the fact he’s English is a big commercial factor. Who is the Arsenal star of the next 5-10 years? All our glamour names are nearing 30, we’ll need a new leading man eventually. If that guy is from London, guess what, you’re gonna make much more money than if he’s from Senegal.

I like Sarr a lot, if he can add consistent end product to his pace he’ll be phenomenal, and if we make a bid I’d be more than ok with that, but Sancho has the potential to lead the club for the next decade. Sancho/Nelson next Ribéry/Robben, now that’s the golden ticket.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Sancho is hyped because he is 18 and he already has 7 assists this season, averaging nearly two key passes a game. He’s hyped cos he’s young and he’s playing very well. Agree, the fees mentioned are stupid and there’s always an English element to it of course, but he’s not hyped for no reason.

Wouldn’t pay anywhere near 100m, but I’d pay maybe 40m for him in the summer. You may say that’s premature, but Madrid do it with the young Brazilians. And you might not like it, but the fact he’s English is a big commercial factor. Who is the Arsenal star of the next 5-10 years? All our glamour names are nearing 30, we’ll need a new leading man eventually. If that guy is from London, guess what, you’re gonna make much more money than if he’s from Senegal.

I like Sarr a lot, if he can add consistent end product to his pace he’ll be phenomenal, and if we make a bid I’d be more than ok with that, but Sancho has the potential to lead the club for the next decade. Sancho/Nelson next Ribéry/Robben, now that’s the golden ticket.
Get where you're coming from but BvB ain't selling him and for 40m. They know they can fetch far more in one or more seasons from the likes of City, Chelsea and United.

Hitting great numbers in the BuLi is fine but its not at the same level it used to be previously. Its regressed quite a bit. And he hasn't even consistently shown he can keep it together in long stretches. I trust his talent though as far as footballing ability is concerned. If we could get him I'd be ecstatic for reasons you mention.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Anyone seen this Nicolas Pépé play? So many prospects every year in Ligue 1 that after a while you just lose track, so I can’t say whether he’s a flash in the pan or the real deal.

He’s quite tall and very rapid, with an eye for goal it seems. I’d say if he has 15+ goals by the end of the season he’d be more interesting. Perhaps not a winger as such, but more of a wide forward tracing the familiar Henry/Auba path. If Welbeck were to leave after his contract expires maybe Pépé would be a replacement.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Anyone seen this Nicolas Pépé play? So many prospects every year in Ligue 1 that after a while you just lose track, so I can’t say whether he’s a flash in the pan or the real deal.

He’s quite tall and very rapid, with an eye for goal it seems. I’d say if he has 15+ goals by the end of the season he’d be more interesting. Perhaps not a winger as such, but more of a wide forward tracing the familiar Henry/Auba path. If Welbeck were to leave after his contract expires maybe Pépé would be a replacement.
Not seen him in play in a match but looks very interesting on youtube. Unlike Sarr he seems to have good close control and more creativity in his play. Reminds me a bit of Mahrez.

I'm also of the opinion that we should get in a left footed winger in.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I was watching their game with Augsburg last weekend and the announcers mentioned the £100 million figure. I thought "well that's just stupid." Loads of talent, but how can you command a triple figure fee for a guy who was just starting his first Bundesliga match of the season and 8th ever? If he were a £100 million player right now he wouldn't be coming off the bench for Borussia Dortmund. We're not talking Mbappe here. Again, terrific talent but people get carried away because he's English.

Just for the record, Arsenal certainly isn't paying that much for him. Besides, had he wanted to play for Arsenal he could have joined last year.

Sarr, however, I could see happening and at a more reasonable price than the English premium Arsenal would have to pay for Sancho. Wouldn't mind picking him up at all.

Not sure the commentators meant £100m right now, I know I didn't mean right now in my post, he just signed until 2022 but when he does go he could be a £100m player. Obviously we'll know more next season with Dortmund.

Top Bottom