• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

it was also Durkin's end

arsenal4life

the last match to our friend Paul Durkin in the pitchs

and maybe we can get some justice in the future

bye bye Durkin

and i hope sooner Poll also

Soler

Established Member
Nah, disagree with you Aussie. Durkin is a respectable referee who is very lenient. I have respect for him coming out after the Man U/Newcastle game this season and admitting he was wrong.

Shame Poll or Barber won't **** off though! :x

AFCG7

Established Member
I cant beleive what i'm reading.. i have no time for him.. Durkin is a friggin idiot.. good riddance to him.. He has been absolutely shocking to us especially in big games.. sending off Gio at Anfield and failing to take action at Old Trafford when we won the league there being 2 of the worst performances from a ref i have ever seen..

Arsenal316

Well to be fair, Gio did dive @ Anfield. It was in his judgement that he dived. You could have looked at it from both sides. He thought he dived, Wenger didn't appeal it. So he must have thought he must have dived a little too.

It takes a lot of guts to make a call like that. And I respect him for it. I wish him the best. He has had a great career.

Andrew

I actually began to like him too. But isn't it stupid that once referees reach a certain age it means they have to retire? Hopefully Bennett is next, he looks older than 48.

KingReyes

Established Member
I think Durkin is one of the best refs. Too bad he has to retire. He doens't panic when he refs which shows cause he's only given one red card.

Eastrek

Most premier league players have come out and said that Durkin is there faveourite ref because he is one of the most down-to-earth guys out there, i aint got no link for that but i read it sometime ago in a magazine

AFCG7

Established Member
I still hate his guts for allowing our players to be hacked at Old Trafford.. it gave Man U the liberty to continue playin like that against us and so they have done.. the latest being the FA Cup game this season

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom