• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Italian Football 2018/19

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

De Boer is on the brink already it seems, this man was one of the favourites to replace Wenger not so long ago (still is judging by the bookies).

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
De Boer being sacked was inevitable. Inter a club in crisis, again. These Italian clubs sack their managers like I change my undies.

OG J0E

Think it would be disingenuous to suggest people on here wanted de Boer to succeed Wenger. Most have their sights set higher than that, Klopp, Simeone, Tuchel, Favre etc.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Think it would be disingenuous to suggest people on here wanted de Boer to succeed Wenger. Most have their sights set higher than that, Klopp, Simeone, Tuchel, Favre etc.

Mate, I am pretty sure De Boer was mentioned here as a potential one, based on his results at Ajax. He would bring Berkamp with him, some suggested.
Actually, I have heard worse from fans in general the last few years. Remember Owen Coyle or Roberto Martinez or any flavor of the month?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Got a bit of a **** vibe from the guy. Calling out players so early at a new team is never a good idea. His treatment of Sanogo (even if atrocious) & Gabigol was odd... Maybe he didn't want either but both Ajax & Inter have individuals in charge of personnel.

Inter should get a temp & bring Diego in this summer.

OG J0E

Mate, I am pretty sure De Boer was mentioned here as a potential one, based on his results at Ajax. He would bring Berkamp with him, some suggested.
Actually, I have heard worse from fans in general the last few years. Remember Owen Coyle or Roberto Martinez or any flavor of the month?
Yep de Boer was a potential candidate, same as Martinez after his first season at Everton when many said wait and see. While anyone asking for Coyle was a ***** and hardly representative of mainstream Wenger outers.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Yep de Boer was a potential candidate, same as Martinez after his first season at Everton when many said wait and see. While anyone asking for Coyle was a ***** and hardly representative of mainstream Wenger outers.

Didn't we have a list earlier this summer of the "potential" Wenger replacement over the last 6 to 8 years? Would love to see it again.
I am sure you would be shocked by some of the names there, specially in hindsight.

OG J0E

Didn't we have a list earlier this summer of the "potential" Wenger replacement over the last 6 to 8 years? Would love to see it again.
I am sure you would be shocked by some of the names there, specially in hindsight.
Not really, it's natural for people to see a manager doing good things and think perhaps they'll replicate it for us. The overreaction is when people say 'get this guy in now' instead of 'wait and see if he can keep it up', and it's the latter attitude that was prevalent when Martinez, de Boer etc. were doing well.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Not really, it's natural for people to see a manager doing good things and think perhaps they'll replicate it for us. The overreaction is when people say 'get this guy in now' instead of 'wait and see if he can keep it up', and it's the latter attitude that was prevalent when Martinez, de Boer etc. were doing well.

It is often a bit of both....

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Been alot of talk about the kid for a while... Another off the Mino Raiola production line.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Juve v Roma is being shown live in theatres here. I have tickets, but I'm not sure I can be asked. I might have to beg off.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
There's some thought put into the emblem with the black and white stripes, I don't think it's as bad as some others do, but it seems like a unnecessary change as the old emblem was very recognizable, this is bit more bland I think.

It'll probably look a bit nicer on the kit than it does there though.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom