Italian Football 2019/20

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by Aevi, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  2. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Weirdly he was so out of favour prior to that game and it changed everything.

Riou likes this.
  3. The White Pelè

The White Pelè Well-Known Member

I wish we still had Ramsey. **** me, it's depressing watching Xhaka week and week out.

Riou likes this.
  4. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

There's no such thing as Ramsey week in week out though. Or month in month out. Even year at times.

5. The White Pelè

6. The White Pelè

There a plan to start again on may, 2oth and play every 3 days until july, 1st.

7. The White Pelè

8. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

9. The White Pelè

Back in action on june, 20th.

10. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see Josip Ilicic back on my TV

11. The White Pelè

It's official: Torino-Parma will be the first game on june, 20th.

12. Corbulo

Corbulo Active Member

A great shot for Lazio to win the title and beat the most despicable team of all time. Maybe try and burn a Fiat during celebrations.
    I feel sorry for Maurizio Sarri though. You don't get time to adapt as a manager at a strip joint like Juventus. You either start to see improvements fairly early or you'll be abandoned in the Alps. Right now he looks like the man that is going to lose them the scudetto for the first time in a decade. With a little bit of luck Juventus will be the third best club in Italy over the next few years.

Simone Inzaghi's tactics are really interesting. Sometimes I'm not sure if he has any idea what he's doing but it works. His approach oscillates between directness, verticality and quick short combinations to get behind the defense. Inzaghi is really an astute learner. I like his in game tactical switches. It also has to be said that the key is in their defensive system, which is as reliable as a Japanese watch, not Swiss level, that was when they had Nesta, Negro, Couto and Pancaro.

Meanwhile, Zlatan Ibrahimović is still the best striker in Italia or thereabouts at 38. He's basically lifting Milan out of their funk on his own. I can't think of many players who have that kind of transformative effect on a team. He really has that stereotypical aura around him.

Atalanta are on for 107 goals at the end of the season with their current goal average. The last time someone scored 100 was in 1951. Incredibly entertaining team. Fun to watch while throwing back mojitos and laughing with some ladies.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  13. The White Pelè

Not many mention him, but Luis Alberto is the key to Lazio's amazing season. Him and SMS are amazing together.

14. The White Pelè

The Coppa Italia is back next friday with the first semifinal return leg between Juventus and Milan.

15. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Named him a while back as an unter the radar and thus maybe not super expensive option for Arsenal.

16. MD3 Gunner

MD3 Gunner Well-Known Member

I just remembered he played for Liverpool before..

17. The White Pelè

Yep, he played for Liverpool, but failed to impress. Lazio have given him another life.

18. The White Pelè

Juventus-Milan is on!

19. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

This game is wild lol

<<reed>> likes this.
  20. The White Pelè

Costa with a shot just wide and another dangerous situation for Juventus. Great start from them!

Penalty to Juve now! CR7 missed it and then Rebic got sent off. What a start!