• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Italian Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

USgoonergirl

Established Member
nice photos Mr. Wolf
Nadz season starts the 25th and 26th, here are the opening weekend fixtures: (times are US est)

12:00 ET Lazio v Torino Stadio Olimpico
14:30 ET Juventus v Livorno Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino

Sunday, August 26, 2007
TIME HOME AWAY VENUE
09:00 ET Fiorentina v Empoli Stadio Artemio Franchi
09:00 ET Genoa v AC Milan Comunale Luigi Ferraris
09:00 ET Inter Milan v Udinese Stadio Giuseppe Meazza
09:00 ET Napoli v Cagliari Stadio San Paolo
09:00 ET Parma v Catania Calcio Stadio Ennio Tardini
09:00 ET Reggina v Atalanta Stadio Oreste Granillo
09:00 ET Siena v Sampdoria Artemio Franchi Di Siena
14:30 ET Palermo v Roma Renzo Barbera

Mostarac

Established Member
Lazio will face an disciplinary inquiry by UEFA after fights before the match and racist chants from Curva Nord during the match. This has been confirmed by an spokesman for UEFA. Will be interesting to see what UEFA actually does here as they banned Partizan from European football for similar offences a week ago.

Alfonso

Established Member
I heard Cicinho is off to Seville in a swap deal with Alves?

Anyway, good news for British Italian football fans:

Five will broadcast live action for 34 weeks of the season.

They'll show a weekly half hour preview and highlights magazine programme on Saturday mornings at 11.30am, a Sunday afternoon game with the programme starting at 1:30pm & kick off being 2:00pm & they'll also show coverage of a second match which will be broadcasted as part of Five's late night sport schedule.

Inter Udinese is the first match they are going to show next Sunday.

Cant wait! They beat Setana for the rights. Looks like Italian footie is getting on track at last.

Mostarac

Established Member
To be honest, I can`t see any need for him in the Roma team, so if he goes to Sevilla, I do not think it will be a big loss for Roma, Alfonso mate.

Mostarac

Established Member
I usually do not predict what players will become or do, but do look out for Genoa`s very exiciting young Senegalese striker, Papa Waigo. He scored 15 goals for Cesena last season in Serie B and has looked very good in pre-season for Genoa. I believe that he could turn out to be another Bianchi, a striker who blossoms late before starting to score goals for fun. Waigo is definetively one to follow in Serie A this season.

Mr Wolf

Mostarac said:
I usually do not predict what players will become or do, but do look out for Genoa`s very exiciting young Senegalese striker, Papa Waigo. He scored 15 goals for Cesena last season in Serie B and has looked very good in pre-season for Genoa. I believe that he could turn out to be another Bianchi, a striker who blossoms late before starting to score goals for fun. Waigo is definetively one to follow in Serie A this season.

I agree with you that P.W. is a good player and that he can produce a good performance in Serie A, even if he is a different player than Bianchi (more peace, less killer instinct). I think he does resemble Suazo.

Mostarac

Established Member
Mr Wolf said:
I agree with you that P.W. is a good player and that he can produce a good performance in Serie A, even if he is a different player than Bianchi (more peace, less killer instinct). I think he does resemble Suazo.

True, but when I compared Bianchi with Waigo, I was thinking more about the fact that both have blossomed late. I think Waigo has bigger potential than Bianchi actually, and Waigo is also younger than Bianchi too I think?

Mr Wolf

Mostarac said:
Mr Wolf said:

True, but when I compared Bianchi with Waigo, I was thinking more about the fact that both have blossomed late. I think Waigo has bigger potential than Bianchi actually, and Waigo is also younger than Bianchi too I think?

Yes, in this perspective you're right, I see in the Man. City site that Bianchi was born in 1983, I thought he was younger!

Mostarac

Established Member
And Papa Waigo has done it again, after scoring against Grosseto in the 1st round of Coppa Italia, he has made it 2-2 against Ascoli tonight. 2 goals in 2 official matches for Genoa, not to mention his many goals in pre-season. Also highly-rated Argentinian striker Lavezzi has equalised for Napoli against Pisa tonight in Coppa Italia.

Mostarac

Established Member
Cicinho confirms that he is as good as a Roma-player now. He says he is confident that the transfer will be finalised in a day or two. Personally I can`t see the need for Cicinho at Roma, but I guess squad depth is very importnant if you are to challenge for Lo Scudetto.

http://www.sportin.ba/tekst.aspx?id=7089

Jameel46

Established Member
Alfonso said:
I heard Cicinho is off to Seville in a swap deal with Alves?

don't understand that, the only reason Cicinho is moving is because he can't get ahead of the impressive Sergio Ramos; so don't see why Real Madrid want Dani Alves.

Mostarac

Established Member
Roma have taken the lead against Inter in tonights Super Coppa match after De Rossi scored on a penalty. Roma have played with 10 men after Perrotta was sent off, but have still outplayed Inter for large parts of the match. Roma have been impressive in this match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom