• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Italian Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

entropy13

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
entropy13 said:
Would Napoli be able to get the other 50% after the season though?

don't ask me how this co-ownership works, confuses the hell outta me. where's mosta?

In the Zalayeta and Blasi deal, Napoli gets 50% of each, and gets both to play for them. At the end of the season (or sometimes after two seasons), both clubs must bid for the other's half of the player. The one who gets 100% will of course get the player.

Mostarac

Established Member
entropy13 said:
Would Napoli be able to get the other 50% after the season though?

Napoli have also signed Contini from Parma. I think Napoli have done some good business here by getting 3 very solid players(especially Zalayeta who has always overperformed at Juventus despite being under-used and under-rated there) to complement earlier signings of Lavezzi from San Lorenzo and Gargano from Uruguay. As for the 50% deals, no official confirmation has been made by the two clubs, so it remains to be seen what will happen next summer. It could be that Napoli have an deal in place to sign both Blasi and Zalayeta 100% next summer if they are satisfied with the players, if thats not the case, then there will be an secret auction for the players if Napoli want them and Juventus do not want to release them.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_ ... ug21g.html

Mr Wolf

Galliani has just landed at Madrid and managed to close for Emerson on loan at Milan for 5 millions euro.

N!

Jameel46 said:
Alfonso said:
I heard Cicinho is off to Seville in a swap deal with Alves?

don't understand that, the only reason Cicinho is moving is because he can't get ahead of the impressive Sergio Ramos; so don't see why Real Madrid want Dani Alves.

It's because they're Real Madrid; they're not happy until all the best players in the world are being overpaid and underperforming for them.

Mr Wolf

Yes, but I think that the Azzurri should struggle to avoid relegation, and that Reja will be sacked soon. Honestly, I hope to be wrong as the city of Naples deserves to be always in Serie A, but this is my opinion at the moment. Do you agree?

Mostarac

Established Member
Mr Wolf said:
Yes, but I think that the Azzurri should struggle to avoid relegation, and that Reja will be sacked soon. Honestly, I hope to be wrong as the city of Naples deserves to be always in Serie A, but this is my opinion at the moment. Do you agree?

I think too that Napoli will probably have to do with an position around lower part of mid-table, probably somewhere from 12th to 16th place. That is if they do not surprise all like Atalanta did last season for example. As for Reja, in my opinion he is not the right man for a demanding club like Napoli, his tactics are too old and boring to be honest and have no place in modern football. De Laurentiis should have gotten Eriksson this summer, he would have been a very good manager for a team like Napoli.

Mr Wolf

I agree about Reja. I don't know about Eriksson. It's true (strange but true) that men coming from the deep North in Naples (that is deep South) acclimatize well (Jeppson, Krol and others) but imo Eriksson is as much defending-minded than Reja: I remember that when he coached Lazio he played 4-5-1, a style of play that all the supporters, accustomed to the "zemanian" attractive 4-3-3 never accepted, despite the trophies won (but that team was the strongest ever, should have won more).

Mostarac

Established Member
Mr Wolf said:
I agree about Reja. I don't know about Eriksson. It's true (strange but true) that men coming from the deep North in Naples (that is deep South) acclimatize well (Jeppson, Krol and others) but imo Eriksson is as much defending-minded than Reja: I remember that when he coached Lazio he played 4-5-1, a style of play that all the supporters, accustomed to the "zemanian" attractive 4-3-3 never accepted, despite the trophies won (but that team was the strongest ever, should have won more).

True about Lazio, but then he has adopted a more attacking-minded style for Manchester City. That is why I think he could have been the man for Napoli. Nonetheless it would have been very interesting to see a trident of De Zerbi, Calaio and Lavezzi upfront for Napoli, I believe that trident would have guaranteed goals.

Mr Wolf

Do you like the City style of play? Honestly I have seen nothing more than an old catenaccio from City against ManU. I agree with you about the fact the tridente (but with Zalayeta in the starting XI) would arouse enthusiasm in the Napoli's supporters, but in order to see it there would be Zeman or Spalletti as a coach......

Mostarac

Established Member
Mr Wolf said:
Do you like the City style of play? Honestly I have seen nothing more than an old catenaccio from City against ManU. I agree with you about the fact the tridente (but with Zalayeta in the starting XI) would arouse enthusiasm in the Napoli's supporters, but in order to see it there would be Zeman or Spalletti as a coach......

Manchester City have not played badly in their 2 first matches, but against Manchester United they were more outplayed and being cautious than overly defensive I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom