• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Italy Squad for Euro 2004

KingReyes

Established Member
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/art ... 3&cpid=219

Buffon (Juventus), Peruzzi (Lazio), Toldo (Inter), Cannavaro (Inter), Favalli (Lazio), Ferrari (Parma), Materazzi (Inter), Nesta (Milan), Oddo (Lazio), Panucci (Roma), Zambrotta (Juventus), Camoranesi (Juventus), Fiore (Lazio), Gattuso (Milan), Perrotta (Chievo), Pirlo (Milan), C. Zanetti (Inter), Cassano (Roma), Corradi (Lazio), Del Piero (Juventus), Di Vaio (Juventus), Totti (Roma), Vieri (Inter)

Sammer

Established Member
In any case, they have an awesome defense and great goalkeepers.

It´s always hard to play the Azzuro...

Arjan

Sammer said:

IMO they can't really complain on their attacking department either!
Vieri, Totti, Cassano, Del Piero, Di Vaio and Corradi is not bad

Adam

Established Member
Del Piero has to be the saddest case of a potential world best player turning into just very good. In 96 (i think) - he was the best player on the planet. For Juventus he was just unbelievable. Watching a match of him the other day made me remember the influence.

brianfrance

Established Member
I hope France won't play them at Euro : In 98 we won on Penalty, Euro 2000 won with "golden goal" , as sammer says it's always hard to play them !! about the offense system Maybe totti behind Vieri + Di Vaio :?: Hard to choose ! And I can't see Del Piero this year start the match. Not in his best form

GlasgowGooner

brianfrance said:
I hope France won't play them at Euro : In 98 we won on Penalty, Euro 2000 won with "golden goal" , as sammer says it's always hard to play them !! about the offense system Maybe totti behind Vieri + Di Vaio :?: Hard to choose ! And I can't see Del Piero this year start the match. Not in his best form

Di Vaio has been really poor for months, how he got in ahead of Gillardino i'll never know. Miccoli should probably be in ahead of him also imo.

brianfrance

Established Member
Gilardino is the Italian Luyindula.... The coach prefer ****ing experience !! I think a great team need also young players...

JazzG

Established Member
Adam said:
Del Piero has to be the saddest case of a potential world best player turning into just very good. In 96 (i think) - he was the best player on the planet. For Juventus he was just unbelievable. Watching a match of him the other day made me remember the influence.

Agreed, was watching him this season and just felt so sorry for him. The guy was simply brilliant back in the day but euro 2000 really destroyed the guy. The whole country turned their back on him just like they had done to Baggio after World cup 1994. Those 2 will be remembers as really good players but anyone who saw them play in their prime knew these guys had the potential to be true greats. Whenever I see either of them play I feel sorry for him :( I really hope Del Piero has a good tournament.

Sammer

Established Member
Arjan said:
Sammer said:

IMO they can't really complain on their attacking department either!
Vieri, Totti, Cassano, Del Piero, Di Vaio and Corradi is not bad

You are right Arjan, their strikers are quality, too. It´s just their defensive play that makes em hard to play for any team. The spirit of Trappatoni doesn´t necessarily produce great games to watch, but on my list, they are definately one of the favorites to win the Euro 2004.

fede75

i am sure to 100% that we ( Italy) will go out very badly of this European. I would not have taken Del Piero in Portugal but Gilardino which has done a very great championship with Parma :evil: :evil: :evil:

afundell

Looking at them they have very good defense and attack, but only weakness is their midfeld, looks weak compared to the rest of the team

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom