• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Its about time wenger changes the team abit

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Im happy with our team.
I can see Jerome staying at Leeds until end of the season

siddharth

Forget about Guily,van der Meyde ,Quaresma n joaquin
I think Steed Malbranque would be the ideal RM for Arsenal.
Just 24 or 25 ,possesses great Dribbling n crossing skills,has got pace and also scores goals.

bobbypires

Established Member
henry_14 said:
flog bergkamp to scunthorpe because he is hurting the team

too slow and old.

I like the Black Eyed Peas song called 'Shut up'.

Oh, please. Bergkamp slow and old? He's not the player that he was, but Henry at 34 won't be the same.

thegame24

Established Member
if bergkamp was to leave and we didnt hav time to buy a replacement, i would put pires behindhenry and wiltord on the left wing cause thats his best position ljungberg stay on the right and sometimes rotate with wiltord. in other games pires can go back and ali or kanu could go alongside henry.

Jinn

Established Member
Adam said:
It would be far more advantageous to have a real RM. Freddie cannot do what a typical RM would. He doesn't have the strength to beat a man on the outside, or the outstanding speed and skill, and he isn't a great crosser. And there are the times when Freddies floating and central forays up front, and into the box leave us defensively indisciplined down the right - DEMANDING a strong right back.

Sure Adam, Freddie doesn't do the things a genuine right winger does. But that doesn't really matter for the moment, does it? There's nobody in the middle to meet the crosses anyway, and Toure or Lauren behind him often take on that role in any case.

If/whenever we get a target man up front, then would probably be the best time to see whether Freddie is an adequate RM option.

JazzG

Established Member
kajej said:
How about Giuly as RM he is 28 but he would be a great asset to the team, one of the best RM around right now. I don't think he would cost much if we get him before Euro.

He is Wenger's type of player. Not a proper out and out winger but he likes to cuts in and shoot. Kinda like Overmars but on the right. Has scored 11 goals in 20 games which is pretty good for a midfielder. Has electric pace as well. Due to Monaco being in a bad financial position we might be able to get him cheap :D

siddharth said:
Forget about Guily,van der Meyde ,Quaresma n joaquin
I think Steed Malbranque would be the ideal RM for Arsenal.
Just 24 or 25 ,possesses great Dribbling n crossing skills,has got pace and also scores goals.

Good player but expensive. Also you say forget about those other RM? They are probably all better than him, especailly Joaquin, that kid is ****ing brilliant but has a huge price tag on his head, over £20mill :shock:

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Freddie up front? Dennis on the right? neither of those suggestions make much sense. Freddie is never going to be a world class striker, is he?

To the person who said Dennis is too old and slow, think about how well the team has been playing since he was restored to the side- influence on the pitch can extend beyond being caught in possession as he was, a lot, on Monday night).

JazzG

Established Member
Dennis can play on the right. He did it against chelsea and caused them quite a few problems.

We can't use him as a striker, he plays way too deep.

johe

Bergkamp has the crossing, passing and vision, Freddie has his goal-scoring late runs into the box. Neither of them will go round players and cross from the touchline though. It all depends on how we want to play.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Point taken Jazz, but that was a half hour cameo, I can't see Kolo or Lauren getting much protection with Dennis in front of them!

IW8

Freddies_a_winner said:
I really think Wenger should move freddie to bergkamps spot and move bergkamp to freddies spot if dennis is going to miss such easy shots ;)

WHAT? I think other posters have responed to this nonsense in far greater depths than I could. But WHY have you singled out DB10's miss? There are 11 players on the pitch and as the great IW8 said "football is a game of missed chances". I don't like slagging off AFC players so I won't go into the many chances FL8 has missed whilst playing for AFC. I'll just remember the chance he created that enabled SW11 to score the Premiership decider at OT.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom