• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

its got to stop

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 40
  • Views 1,278
A

Anonymous

when will Arsène realise that this continual substitutions he makes week in week out are costing us games. ie. yesterday, also it cost us goals in the last 10 minutes, that cost us 2 points each, against bolton, leicester and everton. we play brilliant in many games, then the last 10 minutes in at least 70% of our games we go to nothing. we start passing it around in defence sloppily, giving it away, unable to get it out our half. we start not marking and letting the opposition have possession, and as i stated earlier, it has cost us on a number of occassions.
the reason we go so sloppy and useless in the last 10 minutes is the subs wenger makes. yes, dont get me wrong, he is a legendary manager. but these late subs are the worst part of his management. it is as if he forgets everything about tactics and strategies. our team is attacking minded, great on the counter attack. if he kept our good players on, we would be able to get them on a counter attack and finish the game off, ie, against charlton. but instead wenger brings of pires,freddie,reyes. bringing on gilbert,bergy and CYGAN !!! this in effect destroys all our attacking options and renders henry uneffecetive for the last 10 minutes. as we loose the speed and attacking skill, and revert to a defensive formation, which, REALLY DOES NOT SUIT OR WORK FOR US. we are much better defensively with our full team, and our attacking style (ever heard of attack is the best form of defence).
now you would think bringing cygan on would be alrite, like what has been done for generations by manay managers defending a 1 goal lead, they bring on a 5th defender and play 5 at the back to stop the opposition scoring. what does wenger do ? plays cygan at left mid !!! so really our defence has not been helped, just any chance of us attacking has been disabled by that immobile peice of turd. if these subs worked i wouldnt mind, but i am sick and tired of having to watch us go to pieces in the last 10 minutes of almost every game, and concede vital equalisers !!
now i am happy with a draw really, we have the record, we are still 7 points ahead. we should of won, we should of had 2 blatant penalties and should of scored another 3 chances.
thats my rant over, lets hope wenger learns, cygan at left mid WTF
roll on champs league.

ps. clichy was outstanding and toure and bobby also class

pps. now i know this post will piss alot of people off. im not aiming at wenger, i think he is brilliant, im just venting some anger, that these decisions he keeps making are costing us.

Aussie

Established Member
I agree why bring on three players with 5 minutes to go when we are 1nil up and dont really look like conceeding. Pires was class and best on ground with out a doubt.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I guess he just wanted to hang on to the 1 goal lead.
Why when, we were doing well I guess we never know.

Soler

Established Member
The point of the substitutions was to disrupt the play. Bringing one on every two minutes would hopefully interfere with Man U's momentum. I guess it didn't pay off.

vin de guerre

"Call me an optimist but I am quite happy with the draw. We kept the unbeaten run. The players have achieved a great fete and came off the pitch disappointed. If I was one of those sacred squad I would be now focusing and raring to tear the manure to shreds in the FA Cup. Call it Parapsychology or whatever but that was the perfect result to spur us on to greater heights. A win may have created complacency in a fortnight when we need to be Hungry.
Go Go Gooners Go!"

I am not worried that Wenger has made mistakes. To err is to be human! I as I mentioned above believe that a draw puts us in a better position for the whole picture re:treble.
We have made the mistakes where we can afford them! The FA anf CL will not allow us that privelage! Lets get ready for the next test.
Wenger Grade for the season so far: A+ (does anybody remember to air of pessism that was around here before the start of the season?)

KingReyes

Established Member
Bringing on Gilberto at RM was O.K But Cygan at LM?????
We totally lost our flow of the game.. The substitutions were wrong IMO.
Aw should have kept either Pires or Freddy on.

Senght

Admit that it was a rare tactical blunder by AW. the late subs broke up the team's momentum instead of disrupting Manure's play! Cygan on the left mid is really ...

seanconvey66

His substitutions have always been his downfall. I mean its the one area of his management where hes not that astute(remember 3-3 at Leicester a few years ago, 2 up with 10 mins to go.). We were pissing it until he gave all the empthasis to them and all we could do was sit back and try and hold out, which was just inviting pressure, great manager but some naieve substiutions at times.

MTG

This is Wenger's only weakness, it cost us last year when he kept on bringing on Luhzny in matches where we lead i.e. Liverpool away. It unbalances and confuses the rest of the team. Playing a different system and players out of position (Cygan is not a left midfielder!!!) is not their fault. I can't fault the players for this as the obvious lack a target man at the end of games to relieve the pressure and bring others into the game is something we could do quite easily by bringing on an offensive player who takes two people out from the opposition - KANU.

Mark

Established Member
Yeah they were bad subs, hopefully Wenger will learn from this. Then again I've said that before when we've lost leads late in the game.

vin de guerre

Mark said:
Yeah they were bad subs, hopefully Wenger will learn from this. Then again I've said that before when we've lost leads late in the game.

I wonder if Wenger will be able to learn from the learned fans how to remain unbeaten in the EPL for 30+ games, 1/2 final of FA Cup and 1/4 CL. At present he seems to be so at sea, he trully needs some of the know hows of the forum experts.

Mark

Established Member
vin de guerre said:
Mark said:

I wonder if Wenger will be able to learn from the learned fans how to remain unbeaten in the EPL for 30+ games, 1/2 final of FA Cup and 1/4 CL. At present he seems to be so at sea, he trully needs some of the know hows of the forum experts.

Stop paying attention to this record and have a look at how close we have come to winning games but instead we lost leads late on in the game in games we should've won. Games like Leicester and yesterday could've been an extra 4 points for us.

seanconvey66

vin de guerre said:
Mark said:

Dont be so cynical. He aint perfect u knw! Wenger does make mistakes like every1 else.

vin de guerre

Mark said:
vin de guerre said:
Mark said:

Stop paying attention to this record and have a look at how close we have come to winning games but instead we lost leads late on in the game in games we should've won. Games like Leicester and yesterday could've been an extra 4 points for us.

Yeh try and read my statement again. I am not relying on his record other than stating how fickle some opinionated fans can be. Arsène is doing a GREAT job and we are in a wonderful situation where we can be disappointed at losing a couple of points here and there.

When will some fans start to look at the wine glass that is half full rather than half empty!

vin de guerre

seanconvey66 said:
vin de guerre said:
Mark said:

Dont be so cynical. He aint perfect u knw! Wenger does make mistakes like every1 else.

Whos being cynical about Wenger? Try reading it all again!

A

Anonymous

great point. overall wengers, lets says 'weird' substitutions have cost us a total of 10 points this year. the subs he makes do not disrupt the opposition but in effect detroy our formation and control of games. they players come on for 5 minutes, its very hard to get involved straight away, so they have fresh legs, i think they players who are already playing well can survive for 5 minutes. we loose total control when the players come on. we lose any change of a counter attack, we start just passing it around at the back and we just give it away and now once again it has cost us. we cant defend by defending, we defend by attacking and defending further up the pitch. when we go into our little shell for the last 10 minutes we get scrappy and loose the plot. wenger really needs to consider these changes. it has cost us again, as it did against leicester,everton and bolton.
no matter, 7 points shall be sufficient, (lets pray)

vin de guerre

clockend_faithful said:
great point. overall wengers, lets says 'weird' substitutions have cost us a total of 10 points this year. the subs he makes do not disrupt the opposition but in effect detroy our formation and control of games. they players come on for 5 minutes, its very hard to get involved straight away, so they have fresh legs, i think they players who are already playing well can survive for 5 minutes. we loose total control when the players come on. we lose any change of a counter attack, we start just passing it around at the back and we just give it away and now once again it has cost us. we cant defend by defending, we defend by attacking and defending further up the pitch. when we go into our little shell for the last 10 minutes we get scrappy and loose the plot. wenger really needs to consider these changes. it has cost us again, as it did against leicester,everton and bolton.
no matter, 7 points shall be sufficient, (lets pray)

Clock-end you make a very solid point for a weak area in Wenger's arsenal. I do believe tho we can give him a bit more slack than a lot of fans seem to be giving him lately. If we are not careful we will sound like Chelski's directors: bemoaning having such a cr@p manager and still being the ONLY team who can realistically catch us.

On a personal note, I accept you do not appreciate certain players but for the better of us all, can you tone it down a bit? I do not intend to insult your intelligence nor your loyalty to the Arsenal but it would make for a better forum if you kept with in the constraints you have obviously shown in the above offering.

Jasper

Can you blame Arsène? or the players? Cygan, GIlberto?

I really wished Keown came on instead of Cygan though!

vin de guerre

seanconvey66 said:
I have read it, very sarcastic abt forum members.

Yes. It is about time some people got a grip of what we are doing this season and understand that:
a: Wenger knows what he is doing
b: Wenger is Human
c: most of the knockers have not their grade one Children coaching award yet!

If sarcasm gets to the knockers then all well and good.
Look on the bright side of Life its Arsenal

Top Bottom