Its time for the great man to come back home...

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OneAW!, Nov 9, 2019 at 3:36 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OneAW!

OneAW! Active Member

With Vinai handling our sponsorship negotiations and Sanllehi handling transfers and contracts and no egg head in sight it would be just like the old days when Arsène had Dein.

m-due and GoonerJay24 like this.
  2. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.”
    Heraclitus​

3. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Wishful thinking, i think Arsène is done. He's given all he has to this sport. Let the poor dude enjoy retirement. Id not say no at this point though

4. jato

jato Member

I'd say no as well. Everyone from time to time tends to forget why we wanted Arsène out in the first place. The last few seasons it was dominate possession, then get countered by the opposition - whoever they are (minus the top 6) - and they score on their first or second shot. Then the team don't have the mentality to come back and win the game after getting countered.

Stubborness with not bringing in a proper defensive mid, having favourites that were undroppable and never correcting the poor defense at home sometimes and in away games. Rinse and repeat every single season. It got to the point, teams didn't even need a plan because they knew exactly what we did and how to play against it.

Don't get me wrong, Arsène was fantastic, brilliant football to watch but there was a reason we wanted change. Emery was meant to change that but all Emery turned out was that he is a fraud with no clue.

m-due likes this.
  5. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

6. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Still no custom title.

hehehe

7. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Policing Emery's English Skills

Never. Idiots like Mr T and all those other loud mouth bozos on social media who thought they were football experts had their moment of abusing the great man. There's no repeat.

albakos, roz, MaraDon and 2 others like this.
  8. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Hell No!

Not the way he left us, we are still dealing with the problems he created, heck Emery actually improved some of Wengers follies

He lost the dressing room once.

He is not the kind of manager we need

Flying Okapis and Eaststander74 like this.
  9. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Stuck in the friend zone

10. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Dregen57

Dregen57 Well-Known Member

12. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

Really is the stuff of fantasies, mine included.

As much as I feel Arsène, even on a short term contract, would be the man for us, do I understand that its a massive ask for him to come in and re-jig our season mid flight. He is one of the best I have seen in the game but I feel that is a bridge too far.

We have made our bed, now we lie in it.

m-due likes this.
  13. say yes

say yes To VAR

So we can sack him again?

No thanks. As much as I love Arsène, he’s clearly still looking for a permanent managerial role and he’s not going to get that here. I don’t think the divorce would be any easier the second time around either.

14. Keplaz

Keplaz Well-Known Member

Going back won't help us or him. Whilst there's a lot of nostalgia and he will always have goodwill with most supporters, there's a large number of people who wouldn't react well to his reappointment. Also think the game has moved on from his heyday.

Dj_sds - likes this.
  15. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

Why open a thread for this..

Wrighty4eva likes this.
  16. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Arsène is gone for a reason he was not improving us he keep being stubborn leaving us short every season keeping faith on players that always let him down.

Unai is not worked but there will be always other managers.

17. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

18. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, but rarely

Wenger is too good for Arsenal, lad is telling Bayern to chill for a week.

You guys need to move on, Arsenal are battling Sheffield Utd for 6th now.

albakos, Thoros_of_ Myr, roz and 6 others like this.
  19. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

If a billionaire came in thirsty to spend, sure for one last run.

Not with this bunch of clowns though. His captain, loyal players & favorite youth have gone. Its just Svens signing, the dross & kids left.

Ricardinho and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
  20. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I love Arsène but wasn't his fault he got us to this point? Instead of improving when we were in CL we just were the same while other teams are improving can't blame him for all the board and kroenke will have take responsibility too

juice man likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.