• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Fresneda

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
What caught my eye was “Former Arsenal attacker Yaya Sanogo has a new club - FC Urartu, who play in the Armenian Premier Division”. The guy is 30. How did we get things so wrong?!!
One of the highest rated striker prospects in Europe at 16/17. Scored a goal every other game as a teenager in France. Serious leg break. Then we got him on a bosman. More injuries. repeat to fade.

Kid was nominated for Golden Boy award in 2013....

Buhry

Established Member

I think we need a new 2nd choice right back, Tomiyasu is too injury prone and also imo not good enough going forward. If it's this guy idk but I hope we sign someone.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Why’s he quoting his qualifications like he’s on LinkedIn? :lol:

Deep down he knows he's a talentless bum, trying to lobby to get into our coaching academy under big Mert after Edu pays for him to piss off to the Turkish league and then they give up on him too. Planning his full career transjectory, Smart move

Game Over

If we’d got this guy in January, we’d have (probably) been in a better position and avoided dropping some of the silly points of recent weeks.

White would have slotted in at centre back and Tomi’s injury would have been weathered.

Obviously this is all hindsight now, but I think White is already a great CB rotation option. We need a better RB backup or rather a more reliable starter. Tomi just can’t be relied upon unfortunately.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If we’d got this guy in January, we’d have (probably) been in a better position and avoided dropping some of the silly points of recent weeks.

White would have slotted in at centre back and Tomi’s injury would have been weathered.

Obviously this is all hindsight now, but I think White is already a great CB rotation option. We need a better RB backup or rather a more reliable starter. Tomi just can’t be relied upon unfortunately.

Rob Holding is better than a teenage right back as bad as he is. Playing Fresneda at Anfield probably would’ve scarred him for his career with us.

We needed an experienced Jorginho fullback/CB type really like say Nacho.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Rob Holding is better than a teenage right back as bad as he is. Playing Fresneda at Anfield probably would’ve scarred him for his career with us.

We didn’t know though, we weren’t at all looking at RCB since we have 3 really good options there, two of them got injured in one game and the other has been playing RB with no back up.

We’d be a bit stuck now if we sighed a CB Jorginho.

DuBB

I understand what you’re saying, but we don’t know that for a fact.

I don’t know anything about Fresneda, but some young players are built for a fight and built for a scrap.

True, Fresneda might not be, but nobody knows for a fact that he isn’t.

The same goes for any player. We’ve seen players of all ages wilt. From grown men to teenagers.

But then you have teenagers like Camavinga who get subbed on in World Cups and Champions League games and play as calm and collected as grizzled vets.

Disposition isn’t an age thing.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I understand what you’re saying, but we don’t know that for a fact.

I don’t know anything about Fresneda, but some young players are built for a fight and built for a scrap.

True, Fresneda might not be, but nobody knows for a fact that he isn’t.

The same goes for any player. We’ve seen players of all ages wilt. From grown men to teenagers.

But then you have teenagers like Camavinga who get subbed on in World Cups and Champions League games and play as calm and collected as grizzled vets.

Disposition isn’t an age thing.

Yeah but the probability is against it if we’re being honest.

It’s an apples to oranges comparison with Camavinga because the Frenchman played two full seasons of Ligue 1 football as a starter before the Real Madrid move.

Meanwhile this is Fresneda’s first ever top flight season and he’s been a rotation option for a bottom third La Liga side.

Fresneda might be great in five years but I’m pretty sure he’s miles off being able to start in a PL title race today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom