• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Gazidis

blaze_of_glory

This ****** of a man is starting to piss me off.

Ok, cool we're poor now and can't compete with the big boys. Can anyone think of a logical reason why he's said this twice in two weeks?

Man makes us sound like a midtable side, he's pathetic.
Because it's always better to under-promise and over-deliver than vice versa.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Let's not forget that regardless of what other clubs said Gazidis said that we, Arsenal football club could afford to sign a player and give him wages of 200k a week.

He said that of his own volition the prick, what's changed there? If anything we have more money now because the new TV deals hadn't been announced when he said that. There's something dodgy going on at this club, it's making me mad.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We can give a player 200k a week if we wanted to..... he hasn't said otherwise.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

We can give a player 200k a week if we wanted to..... he hasn't said otherwise.
Being able to give a player 200k a week means we would be much more competitive in the market. He's lied to us there.

Özil is one of if not the best no10 in the world, there's only a handful of wingers better than Sanchez. Why are they both on 140k (Soon to be 180k right?)

The fact our wage structure is capped at 180k automatically rules us out of signing almost any world class player in this climate. We're crawling towards 200k a week about 4 years after he claimed we could do it, meanwhile 250k is the new benchmark for elite players.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Let's not forget that regardless of what other clubs said Gazidis said that we, Arsenal football club could afford to sign a player and give him wages of 200k a week.

He said that of his own volition the prick, what's changed there? If anything we have more money now because the new TV deals hadn't been announced when he said that. There's something dodgy going on at this club, it's making me mad.
Gazidis said
"That means we can't afford to make huge mistakes in the transfer market. We can't afford to outgun competitors that have far more money to splurge on transfer fees than we do. So we have to be very careful, very selective about how we do things."

He has worded that very carefully and as blaze_of_glory rightly says it's better to under promise and over deliver than vice versa. He never said he can't pay 200k per week or that we won't spend 50m on a player just simply it has to be the right player that has less risk. The annoying thing is his back is already covered we splashed big on Xhaka and have added more players this season than last already.

The man infuriates me but he hasn't changed his tune just presented it in a glass half empty way. The money is there. We just have to select carefully. And if we don't find that person then we won't add.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Gazidis said
"That means we can't afford to make huge mistakes in the transfer market. We can't afford to outgun competitors that have far more money to splurge on transfer fees than we do. So we have to be very careful, very selective about how we do things."

He has worded that very carefully and as blaze_of_glory rightly says it's better to under promise and over deliver than vice versa. He never said he can't pay 200k per week or that we won't spend 50m on a player just simply it has to be the right player that has less risk. The annoying thing is his back is already covered we splashed big on Xhaka and have added more players this season than last already.

The man infuriates me but he hasn't changed his tune just presented it in a glass half empty way. The money is there. We just have to select carefully. And if we don't find that person then we won't add.
I would get that if every season we ignored the obvious options but still improved the squad. That's what I would call selecting carefully.

Constantly ignoring players who would improve us and then leaving ourselves short every season is not what I call selecting carefully. At the moment the club's risk tolerance is too low, so low that it's actually having the opposite effect to what was intended. It's making us worse as a team which in turn effects our money making potential.

There has to be a right balance.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Gazidis said

Have to try and gamble on low risk even if a little bit expensive moves though. Like Dembele and Dybala.

Seriously though, its not all his fault and majority of it. He clearly has less going for him than Wenger who is also incharge of all "footballistic" stuff where we are not that great. Both of them, are paid and trusted by Kroenke. He is a smart dude and knows his stuff. We don't know what he is capable of working with someone else.

One thing that I don't get is, how come we don't employ and delegate club representatives, directors etc? One or two former players in and around the team or in roles above. Another thing is the issue of getting in someone to work with Wenger and Gazidis, like a sporting director.

Look what they do for Juventus, Dortmund, Atletico, Sevilla, Man City etc. I don't see the problem. Gazidis, him and the coach should be able to work together.

No reason why should have this one manager for years and years. Makes no sense. The football team is what should come first and them improving/evolving. Want to follow the Bayern way? Which admittedly is the most successful way imo, we should follow that.

progman07

Established Member
Why doesn't Gazidis shup up? What's the point of him talking, when he should know exactly the mood among the supporters right now.

I'm 100% sure it isn't him who is holding Arsenal back in the transfer windows (the whole club is afraid of Wenger, and if they are afraid to sack him they are probably also afraid to stop him from spending money), but who is interested in the bullshit he talks?

The biggest issue with the Arsenal communication is that they contradict themselves constantly. Wenger famously said in 2009, that we should judge him in 2 years. Then Gazidis with the Bayern reference, etc. They just aren't faithful to their words. Silent Stan is at least silent, while Wenger and Gazidis just make it worse by lying to us.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
After much deliberation, my legal team have formulated the following response to this heinous and unnecessary thread:

tumblr_mqkh4fJM3r1s057f9o1_500.gif

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Maybe Ivan's just giving a diplomatic response to the clubs out there, quietly telling them we ain't going to lavish you with loadsa do$h for a player that's really only worth 20M quid!

And I'll tell you this - you can all **** the 100M+ on Pogba. It's a joke! Utd are buying a player for what we paid for our stadium! It's a ****ing joke!! Higuain for 79M quid - get the **** right out of here!.

Only Messi is worth that kind of money.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Maybe Ivan's just giving a diplomatic response to the clubs out there, quietly telling them we ain't going to lavish you with loadsa do$h for a player that's really only worth 20M quid!

And I'll tell you this - you can all **** the 100M+ on Pogba. It's a joke! Utd are buying a player for what we paid for our stadium! It's a ****ing joke!! Higuain for 79M quid - get the **** right out of here!.

Only Messi is worth that kind of money.

When you put it that way :lol:

Jazz

The 3rd biggest cvnt at the club. Just another yes man that puts profits above football results without a second thought. Too many of these like-minded professional manipulators at this club which is why nothing changes. They all cover for each other; leading the fans like sheep to the slaughter with promises and lies. No accountability.

They see the pure, unwavering love that fans have for their club as nothing more than a cash cow. This to a degree is certainly part of the modern game now but there's literally no other club in world football that I can think of that so completely and actively disregards the footballing side of things as Arsenal. No ambition, just safe money with profits every year is the ultimate and only important goal for them, regardless of the fact that we’re in a more than healthy position to strengthen and push for the title.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

What I would like to ask Ivan is where is Arsenal tv ? There's Man Utd , Liverpool even Chelsea tv and it's shown overseas . We are missing a trick here.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom