• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Gazidis

BobP

Memri Fan
He's not exactly wrong, we need to make everything count, we need to be selective and efficient in our transfer dealings.

We can't afford major **** ups.

Wenger often phrases his philosophy in the transfer market as this:

'I will only spend on players who represent an improvement on our current options'

But I think it should actually be like this:

'I won't buy a player who only represents a marginal improvement on what I currently have, especially for the fees which I would be expected to pay, I'd rather wait, be patient and sign the ideal player when the opportunity arises'

A basic example of Wenger's perspective is this.

Morgan Schneiderlin will cost 25M+ Pounds, he's not worth that much, although he is better than Flamini and Arteta, I'll try and negotiate a lower fee and if I'm not successful I will forgo the chance to sign him.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's not exactly wrong, we need to make everything count, we need to be selective and efficient in our transfer dealings.

We can't afford major **** ups.

Wenger often phrases his philosophy in the transfer market as this:

'I will only spend on players who represent an improvement on our current options'

But I think it should actually be like this:

'I won't buy a player who only represents a marginal improvement on what I currently have, especially for the fees which I would be expected to pay, I'd rather wait, be patient and sign the ideal player when the opportunity arises'

A basic example of Wenger's perspective is this.

Morgan Schneiderlin will cost 25M+ Pounds, he's not worth that much, although he is better than Flamini and Arteta, I'll try and negotiate a lower fee and if I'm not successful I will forgo the chance to sign him.
There's plenty of problems with this way of doing things but a big one is how by waiting for the perfect player, at the perfect price, at the perfect age, we're wasting talents such as Özil and Alexis.

Özil has been here for 3 years, Alexis 2, and we STILL put Giroud in front of them. Buying 1 star each summer is good if you've already got a brilliant team, we haven't.

BobP

Memri Fan
There's plenty of problems with this way of doing things but a big one is how by waiting for the perfect player, at the perfect price, at the perfect age, we're wasting talents such as Özil and Alexis.

Özil has been here for 3 years, Alexis 2, and we STILL put Giroud in front of them. Buying 1 star each summer is good if you've already got a brilliant team, we haven't.

I definitely agree, was just highlighting the manner in which Wenger probably operates.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Rude, condescending liar.
"We're on the case, there's plenty of work to be done." He's doing sweet **** all. You know what? I can see us not signing a striker, and using the bids for Vardy and Lacazette as justification.

Gazidis and Wenger always talk bollox about players being available. Whenever is a ****ing player available? You think Pogba was made 'available' by Juventus? Of course not, but when you pay the money you get your man.

Napoli were stern in their stance over Higuain, Juventus make an offer they can't refuse and hi-ho, he's a Juve player. There's literally 100's of similar examples. We got lucky with Özil and Sanchez, Özil was made available after Real signed Bale, and Sanchez was made available after Barca signed Neymar.

Petr Cech pretty much fell into Arsène's lap, after years of neglecting the Goalkeeper position. I thought this summer would be different, we signed Xhaka after bidding the correct money. But the other two signings.. Holding and Asano? ****ing reeks of the 'Özil' summer. One big name followed up with mediocrity. No disrespect to Holding and Asano, but they're not exactly household names.

When we signed Özil, our other signings were Flamini (for free) and ****ing Sanogo (for free.) The excitement of Özil papered over the cracks, this club lacks serious ambition and us fans are being lied to. We went from "we can afford anyone but Messi" to "we can't compete with other clubs" like Thierry said, which one is it? It seems both scenarios are used for convenience by the powers that be.

The ****ers have the nerve to charge us the highest ticket prices in Europe too, we're being absolutely mugged off. So glad I cancelled my order for the away kit, it won't matter to them but they don't deserve my hard earned pennies. These guys are ****ing millionaires and still wanna bleed us dry.

Time for change.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Rude, condescending liar.
"We're on the case, there's plenty of work to be done." He's doing sweet **** all. You know what? I can see us not signing a striker, and using the bids for Vardy and Lacazette as justification.

Gazidis and Wenger always talk bollox about players being available. Whenever is a ****ing player available? You think Pogba was made 'available' by Juventus? Of course not, but when you pay the money you get your man.

Napoli were stern in their stance over Higuain, Juventus make an offer they can't refuse and hi-ho, he's a Juve player. There's literally 100's of similar examples. We got lucky with Özil and Sanchez, Özil was made available after Real signed Bale, and Sanchez was made available after Barca signed Neymar.

Petr Cech pretty much fell into Arsène's lap, after years of neglecting the Goalkeeper position. I thought this summer would be different, we signed Xhaka after bidding the correct money. But the other two signings.. Holding and Asano? ****ing reeks of the 'Özil' summer. One big name followed up with mediocrity. No disrespect to Holding and Asano, but they're not exactly household names.

When we signed Özil, our other signings were Flamini (for free) and ****ing Sanogo (for free.) The excitement of Özil papered over the cracks, this club lacks serious ambition and us fans are being lied to. We went from "we can afford anyone but Messi" to "we can't compete with other clubs" like Thierry said, which one is it? It seems both scenarios are used for convenience by the powers that be.

The ****ers have the nerve to charge us the highest ticket prices in Europe too, we're being absolutely mugged off. So glad I cancelled my order for the away kit, it won't matter to them but they don't deserve my hard earned pennies. These guys are ****ing millionaires and still wanna bleed us dry.

Time for change.
Make that your first article mate, spot on.

novarek

If he wants a statue outside the Emirates he should overrule Wenger and sell/release Theo Walcott, ending the banter era.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
This ****er has to be in politics. He definitely knows how to cheat people. To keep the fans dreaming about a good signing and complete team for so many years is not a mean feat.
Have they ever targeted a man who was actually important to his team and bought him anyway? Alexis was not getting proper chance in Barca. Real considered Özil as surplus to their requirement. These guys basically look around for players who are not needed by their respective teams. Not the players who Arsenal need to strengthen the team. Their responses in press meets have to be played loudly in the stadium in all the matches to remind the fans about how they are being cheated and tell the board that we have had enough.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hate this guy more by the minute.

Back in 2011

Ultimately Arsène is ultimately accountable to the fans — they ultimately make judgment. If you are seeing the relationship between the fans and the manager break down over time that is unsustainable. But I don’t think we are anywhere near that.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...t-him-to-says-Arsenal-chief-Ivan-Gazidis.html

bagel70

Hate this guy more by the minute.

Back in 2011

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...t-him-to-says-Arsenal-chief-Ivan-Gazidis.html

Genius business.

Say the manager is up to the fans.
Charge outrageous ticket prices that prices out all the hardcore fans leaving the stadium mostly casuals, corporates and tourists.
Watch as people spend money and never protest the product on the pitch.

Rinse and repeat.

Top Bottom