• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Gazidis

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Is the length of the new shirt deal typical? It always seems like we sign super long deals the values of which depreciate over time as our rivals sign superior deals.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Also I find it funny how we're all so desperate for big-money signings that we're all of a sudden super duper interested in commercial deals and sleeve sponsors. 'Tis a sad sight, but we need us them signings.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

The thing about this promo image is that it wouldn't be a bad formation to use, would it. I mean put Auba central obviously and a good DM at the back. But yh, it's pretty alright.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
This will be another deal that will look like a bargain in 2 years time. We’ve done a market deal but locked it in for 5 years.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I may have missed it, but what exactly is record breaking about this deal? Seems like there’s a few clubs with better deals.

It’s record breaking for Arsenal. I think it’s the third biggest deal ever after Real Madrid and Man Utd (in terms of money committed).

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Personally would've liked to see us get a few more million out of it each year, especially if they're getting the training kits too. Hopefully we can add a damn good deal with the sleeve sponsor.

Arsenal better keep the worth of the new sponsor deals secret so Ornstein can say in summer when we are in 20-30 M profit that there is no more money to spend on transfer targets.

c00lguy

Emirates has a good rep but it's too expensive for me.

Why pay so much for Emirates when you can go on EasyJet?

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Is this new deal a big increase per-year or a big deal based on the total commitment (or both?)

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Is this new deal a big increase per-year or a big deal based on the total commitment (or both?)

£40m per year, so £10m per year extra compared to the last one. Although the reports keep saying “worth over £200m” so it may be slightly more than £40m.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hope the sleeve sponsor is something unobtrusive like City with Nixen tyre, and nothing embarrassing like Utd's rumoured Tinder. :lol:

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Is the length of the new shirt deal typical? It always seems like we sign super long deals the values of which depreciate over time as our rivals sign superior deals.

That's a really good question and I'm not too sure. 5 years sounds way too long in a footballing landscape nowadays though. I don't see why they can't be renewed within the time frame of say the TV rights which are 3 year cycles I believe. It's just a matter of time before the likes of Amazon, Facebook, Google etc get involved in the TV rights in one way or another.

This. Too long in this era.
It will be leap frogged by all the top clubs in 2-3 years.
I think Liverpool are next year.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Liverpool's trump this deal. I mean we don't even get separate training kit sponsors. Surely there has to be a premium in there. That's around 8-10M alone AFAIK.

Latest posts

Top Bottom