• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Gazidis

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Feels a bit like Gazidis is Batman and Wenger is Harvey Dent (Two-Face).

Wenger the brilliant visionary who lost his way and ultimately went bad. But who the fans still need to believe in.

Gazidis the maligned vigilante, operating in the shadows. The hero Arsenal deserves, but just not the one it needs right now.

So we'll abuse him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.
Ummmmmmm

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal

Did we hire a DoF?

Okay apparently this is just an academy thing. Thought director of football development encompassed the whole club. But what the hell is Mertesacker doing then, doesn't this sound like his role?

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Did we hire a DoF?

Okay apparently this is just an academy thing. Thought director of football development encompassed the whole club. But what the hell is Mertesacker doing then, doesn't this sound like his role?
I'm guessing Lucassen will be responsible for Per's development and results as a coach. There will be no chance of underwhelming coaching for years as per Rowley and Peyton. Every coach will be assessed so our academy produces more. Is this the La Masia model? Seems like too many managers to me.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sounds like the type of role we couldn’t make up for Arteta but have for this guy

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Sounds like the type of role we couldn’t make up for Arteta but have for this guy

Hm, wouldn't want Arteta in such a role, and tbf I wasn't too sure about Per heading the Academy on his own, but now seems like this is going to be a two man leadership focused on furthering a football identity throughout the whole academy, including educating coaches, with Per being the overall boss and Lucassen the hands on right hand man with intricate knowledge about analysis, tactics, coaching, a lot of exerience and who has actually done the job before. Seems neat.

EDIT

Some juice on Lucassen from various sources:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/marcel-lucassen-and-lee-herron-join-academy

"Prior to Al-Nasr FC, Marcel held positions with the German FA, where he had responsibility for the individual technical and tactical development of the German national youth teams, and 1899 TSG Hoffenheim, where he was assistant coach. At the German FA he was one of the key people who developed and improved the DFB playing style.

"Marcel is a UEFA Pro Licence Instructor and a Lecturer and Consultant at the World Football Academy.

It's understood that the 48-year-old's main responsibilities will be to look after the development of both the coaches and players from Arsenal's sides, from U9s to U23s.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/marcel-lucassen/profil/trainer/6764

According to his TM profile he's started as a technical coach and he's worked with Ralf Rangnick at Hoffenheim.

Also, another guy joins the academy:

We also welcome Lee Herron to the academy as our head of academy football operations. Lee joins us after 17 years at Championship club Reading, where he has been a key figure in making their academy one of the most effective in the game. He has been Reading’s academy manager since 2016.

I'm really loving all the new appointments throughout the club. Looks like someone is really trying to freshen things up and get the club's staff and working methods up to modern standards after year of clinging to "trusted" longstanding personnel. I actually think hiring new backroom staff, assistants and academy coaches every now and then could have bettered and even prolonged Wenger's career at Arsenal.

Last edited:

Not a chance. This fraud who has done nothing but taking us a couple of steps back since he joined us thinks he is worshiped by the fans at the moment. He is enjoying his day in the sun!

Would love for him to get out of the club! Terrible human being.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal

2qYmHco.gif

Song Billong

Haven't been a fan of his but I would like to see what he can do now that Wenger has moved on.

Last edited:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Haven't been a fan of his but I would like too see what he can do now that Wenger has moved on.
I would like to see him out rather than bossing Unai Emery. Milan or Madagascar I don't care where he goes so long as he goes.

If Kronke is not twice the fool I think he is he will jump at the chance of getting rid of this overpaid popinjay and replace him with a cheaper, backroom guy who doesn't seek to grab the limelight from the manager and players.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004
Top Bottom