• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Gazidis

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think this is pretty inconsequential to be honest

There are other intelligent talented people to employ

scytheavatar

Established Member
I think some of the Gazidis criticism is OTT. I think yes he could've done better with commercial and sponsorship deals. Hopefully we catch up a bit with this new adidas deal. But for me he's done a great job at attempting change and ravamping the staff and structure. It may all fail but Raul Sven Unai Burgess , that fella off team Sky etc, is exciting on paper and bold and progressive. He could've easily kept the existing structure and staff and just bought in Rafa or Carlo as manager etc.

Except why didn't he put in the changes earlier? Why didn't he do everything in his power to make sure Wenger wasn't given a contract extension last season?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Except why didn't he put in the changes earlier? Why didn't he do everything in his power to make sure Wenger wasn't given a contract extension last season?

According to the Don in your avi, Wenger was ready to step aside in 2017 but there was no clear plan to replace him so he basically had to sign the deal to avoid a complete of things. :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

According to the Don in your avi, Wenger was ready to step aside in 2017 but there was no clear plan to replace him so he basically had to sign the deal to avoid a complete of things. :lol:
Hope the reason Wenger is quiet is because he’s working on the book to give us the details.

Sadly, I feel he might be too much of a gent to dish the real dirt on why money held us back, when the coffers had more to give.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Why wasn't there a clear plan to replace Wenger? Why was Wenger put in the position where he is unaccountable and no one can tell him his time is up, until we have fallen out of top 4?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It's somewhat hard to assess Gazidis' performance because there are many factors, a lot of which we don't really know about. It's obviously not like assessing a player or a manager. From what I do know, I'd say some good some bad. Although overall you could simply say our performances have declined since he took over, so what has he done? That would be too simplistic probably.

First of all - f*ck you, Ivan. Like, really. I know he's getting a cut of the equity so fair enough, but this really isn't a great time. He's not an easy character to warm to, he's too corporate for that, but I was preparing to warm to him were he to steer this new project through. Impossible to remember him fondly now.

People talking like it'll have no impact are a bit optimistic, of course it'll have an impact. His job isn't some symbolic role that doesn't actually mean anything, he isn't the Queen. His job is, y'know, quite an important one. To suddenly lose that at a critical time is not good, and you can't just find someone new at the drop of a hat.

Either we find someone new and we hope that they're competent and fit into the structure, or Josh Kroenke comes in. Jesus.

Why wasn't there a clear plan to replace Wenger? Why was Wenger put in the position where he is unaccountable and no one can tell him his time is up, until we have fallen out of top 4?

Why?

Because of this loser.

GettyImages-163011602.jpg

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

What's a "principal"? Because the guy with the most power has always been Stan Kroenke. Gazidis has influence but he should not be the only board of director member with a say in the club's direction. Could it be that Gazidis isn't happy with the decisions Kroenke has made?
I think it's honestly as simple as Milan and money over London. Gazidis doesn't strike me as the sort who really gives a toss about anything as long as he's getting his money. He's a suit getting more money to work in a more desirable(to some ) location.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I think it's honestly as simple as Milan and money over London. Gazidis doesn't strike me as the sort who really gives a toss about anything as long as he's getting his money. He's a suit getting more money to work in a more desirable(to some ) location.
Gazidis knows that unless Emery pulls a miracle out of the hat and wins the league in the next two seasons he will be the next one to face the fans' wrath.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Gazidis knows that unless Emery pulls a miracle out of the hat and wins the league in the next two seasons he will be the next one to face the fans' wrath.
Yeah but he's always been the one to face the fans' wrath. That isn't new. Nobody has gotten yelled at more at the AST than him. With Wenger it was maybe 50/50 at the end there. Everyone has pretty much always blamed and hated Gazidis so I don't see why he'd jump ship now for any reason on other than money and location.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I cant remember the guys name or position at Elliott Fund but the BBC ran a story last week that him & Ivan are close. The club will be flipped at somepoint in the short/medium future as they never wanted a football club.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Yeah but he's always been the one to face the fans' wrath. That isn't new. Nobody has gotten yelled at more at the AST than him. With Wenger it was maybe 50/50 at the end there. Everyone has pretty much always blamed and hated Gazidis so I don't see why he'd jump ship now for any reason on other than money and location.
He was backed by the Kronkes. They will throw him to the wolves if Emery can't deliver. He will be less marketable if he is fired than now when he is known as Ivan Wengerslayer.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Hope the reason Wenger is quiet is because he’s working on the book to give us the details.

Sadly, I feel he might be too much of a gent to dish the real dirt on why money held us back, when the coffers had more to give.
Wenger strikes me as the type of person to adhere to the age old saying of "A bad workman blames his tools". I suspect we'll get a book but it won;t be all the juicy info we crave. At least not the real juicy stuff.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Feel for Gazidis. Held back by a chancer who lucked out on the Arsenal post, finally gets to remove him despite the majority of fans still supporting a failing Arsenal and blaming Gazidis despite him investing over 100 million in transfer windows in the last two years.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom