• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Gazidis

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This is a strange one because as @Garrincha said they’re not really interested in owning a football team and only have it because loans weren’t repaid. It doesn’t seem like it’s a long term project he’s going to and more a job where they need a quick stabilisation before selling the club in a few years. Someone else mentioned a few weeks ago that they might have promised him a nice job outside of football if he takes up this job offer. That seems plausible.

Wryer

Guess the idea of not having AW to hide behind was too much pressure.

I'm guessing his decision to quit is related to the board going for Emery instead of Arteta.

Anyhow, since we are going to make a new start, might as well.

GunnerUK

Looks like his on his way. Fans we're saying for years Wenger out, Gazidis out, Kronke out.

Crazy, Imagine being told this time last year that in a years time both Wenger & Gazidis would be gone. You'd never of believed it.

Interesting to see what Stan Kroenke does here this recruitment process is entirely down to him. Can't turn to Sven or Raul on this one.

Sir Chips Keswick is higher then Gazidis so he won't get it, Ken Friar maybe or Lord harris who knows.??

Fallout

commercially i'd say he hasn't delivered. we can probably bring in someone better on that front.

recruitment wise, he's done a good job. he's restructured the management of the club in a sensible way and has appointed a strong team of people to see it out. on this front, i'm actually sad to see him go. he clearly has a lot of useful contacts in the industry and is able to evaluate people well. those factors won't be so easy to replace.

unfortunately, there are some aspects about his tenure that we don't have enough information on. for example, wenger staying on too long -- was gazidis incompetent? or was it because wenger wanted to continue and had stan's support? we don't know. and the other notable issue: our historic inability to compete in transfers and wages. was gazidis incompetent? or was it wenger? or were we truly poor? the only evidence in ivan's favor is that he started spending big once wenger's power at the club diminished.

as someone mentioned earlier, no matter what you think of him, the timing of this departure sucks for us. it's a big and important job, and it seemingly opens the door for josh kroenke to take over. maybe gazidis could sense that this was an inevitability and decided to take a high-paying offer. or maybe he's just a snake and took a high-paying offer. again, we don't know.

JimmyTheMac

Except why didn't he put in the changes earlier? Why didn't he do everything in his power to make sure Wenger wasn't given a contract extension last season?
A huge amounts of posters here still rated Wenger and still wanted him to stay and were hesitant to change. Chap can't win

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
It was time for a change and it's time to move on from Gazidis. Hopefully, his replacement doesn't f it up and the club refreshes itself on and off the pitch.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Looks like his on his way. Fans we're saying for years Wenger out, Gazidis out, Kronke out.

Crazy, Imagine being told this time last year that in a years time both Wenger & Gazidis would be gone. You'd never of believed it.

Interesting to see what Stan Kroenke does here this recruitment process is entirely down to him. Can't turn to Sven or Raul on this one.

Sir Chips Keswick is higher then Gazidis so he won't get it, Ken Friar maybe or Lord harris who knows.??
The Return of Peter Hill-Wood.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Hilarious. Sunday Supplement mentioning exactly what I said about Gazidis preparing for Wenger leaving and the Ferguson and David Gill comparison yet some Muppet on here thought I was being daft.

Once again my opinion backed up by professional journalists after I've concluded it :lol:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You have to wonder if this could be too much change too soon.

Hopefully they will keep the tea ladies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Starting the announcements today. Forming the reported structure with Leonardo, Maldini & the snake.

Top Bottom