• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Gazidis

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Unless Ivan is buying, training and motivating these guys I don't see why he should be supporting him. Ivan has stood behind Arsène many a time perhaps now even he is seeing what some have said for a long time.

Then again maybe he's just an arsehole and doesn't want his own backside roasted.

My point was that the optics of Gazidis being MIA whilst Wenger is copping it from all angles is piss poor. Whatever the view about Wenger internally is, the club must stand behind the manager until such time as a decision on whether he stays/goes is made.

The silence just makes it look like Arsène is being hung out to dry.

mm76

Yer Da
My point was that the optics of Gazidis being MIA whilst Wenger is copping it from all angles is piss poor. Whatever the view about Wenger internally is, the club must stand behind the manager until such time as a decision on whether he stays/goes is made.

I just think it's consistent with the fact the Wenger more or less runs the club and tbh i think he's not really feeling the criticsm.

i don't want Gazidis or anyone protecting him, i want them asking him the tough questions - unless he does get pressure from the owners he's not going to take the criticism seriously - what is it anyway? the usual anti-Arsenal stuff from the medjah, 200 people protesting, and a couple of contradictory aircraft

what worried me about what he said yesterday is that he sounded like he just thinks this season is an unlucky blip and nothing to do with him.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Keswick said: “We are fully aware of the attention currently focused on the club and understand the debate.

"We respect that fans are entitled to their different individual opinions but we will always run this great football club with its best long-term interests at heart.

"Arsène has a contract until the end of the season. Any decisions will be made by us mutually and communicated at the right time in the right way.”

Not Ivan but still an official statement regarding the ongoing circus. I'm not sure how much more the club can do. They've said their piece. They can't issue statements after every match.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Keswick said: “We are fully aware of the attention currently focused on the club and understand the debate.

"We respect that fans are entitled to their different individual opinions but we will always run this great football club with its best long-term interests at heart.

"Arsène has a contract until the end of the season. Any decisions will be made by us mutually and communicated at the right time in the right way.”

Not Ivan but still an official statement regarding the ongoing circus. I'm not sure how much more the club can do. They've said their piece. They can't issue statements after every match.

Sorry I should have clarified - that's the statement that Gazidis should have made. He is the highest ranking employee at AFC and its leader (operationally anyways).

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Sorry I should have clarified - that's the statement that Gazidis should have made. He is the highest ranking employee at AFC and its leader (operationally anyways).
The statement was really all that matters. The club chairman backed the manager he didn't sign that statement off by himself.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

When did this bald man last speak to the fans?

Preacher

Always Crying
When did this bald man last speak to the fans?
I believe it was October, 2016.

He said then:
“Arsenal is not Arsène Wenger,” said Gazidis on Thursday. “They’re not one in the same thing. He’s been clear and we’ve always been clear, that’s a mutual decision as to how long he’ll continue. Both need to be on the same page on that. In a football sense, he has transformed the club.”

Also he spoke a little bit later that month at AGM:
"We have a good track record in recent seasons of retaining our key players, developing young players and attracting new players," Gazidis said at the club's AGM. "We are now beginning to compete in terms of wages with some of those clubs around us. There is continual growth in investment in wages but also in transfer fees.
"Very importantly our player sales have reduced so we have retained more of our important players. We've had funds available to pay market values and as a result the reliance we have had on transfer revenue has gone down dramatically. I can't get into a discussion on individual players but I can assure you we will apply the same focus, rigor and diligence to members of our current squad and I think you can see the direction of travel.

"Overall we have attracted some global talent — Sanchez and Özil are renowned names. We increasingly believe we have constructed a squad that is capable of competing for the very highest honors in the game."

He added: "There are many, many players — and I could list them for the next five minutes — who probably weren't on the radar of most clubs and the media. But they were players that we believed in and fit with what our club and management believe we needed. I would mention [Shkodran] Mustafi, [Granit] Xhaka, [Lucas] Perez and [Rob] Holding — the squad continues to progress through those investments.

"I'm also convinced that over the next years you will see more young players bursting into our team."

After that, nowhere to be seen.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I believe it was October, 2016.

He said then:
“Arsenal is not Arsène Wenger,” said Gazidis on Thursday. “They’re not one in the same thing. He’s been clear and we’ve always been clear, that’s a mutual decision as to how long he’ll continue. Both need to be on the same page on that. In a football sense, he has transformed the club.”

"We have a good track record in recent seasons of retaining our key players, developing young players and attracting new players," Gazidis said at the club's AGM. "We are now beginning to compete in terms of wages with some of those clubs around us. There is continual growth in investment in wages but also in transfer fees.
"Very importantly our player sales have reduced so we have retained more of our important players. We've had funds available to pay market values and as a result the reliance we have had on transfer revenue has gone down dramatically. I can't get into a discussion on individual players but I can assure you we will apply the same focus, rigor and diligence to members of our current squad and I think you can see the direction of travel.

"Overall we have attracted some global talent — Sanchez and Özil are renowned names. We increasingly believe we have constructed a squad that is capable of competing for the very highest honors in the game."

He added: "There are many, many players — and I could list them for the next five minutes — who probably weren't on the radar of most clubs and the media. But they were players that we believed in and fit with what our club and management believe we needed. I would mention [Shkodran] Mustafi, [Granit] Xhaka, [Lucas] Perez and [Rob] Holding — the squad continues to progress through those investments.

"I'm also convinced that over the next years you will see more young players bursting into our team."

After that, nowhere to be seen.
So baldy was happy to speak twice in October when we were doing well. Yet he's been missing since we went ****e in November, gradually getting worse each month.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Baldy's probably with Handlebar Moustache at his ranch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustang_Ranch

mustang-ranch-table-group-shot.jpg
mustang-ranch-table-group-shot

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The Contract Extension.

Never fails.

Would that be the more dastardly version of a figure 8 submission hold? I heard its application is as follows (feel free to correct me) :

1. The assailant catches the victim unawares & proceeds to place them in the hold.

2. Through wails of agony, the victim is constantly reassured by the victim that unless they relent & extend the contract hr will continue to deal more damage.

3. The victim, after being tormented mentally by being told their current plight is their fault & thereby deserving of this punishment, sees little choice but to give in lest more damage is dealt.

4. The assailant releases the hold allowing him to appear magnanimous & allow the victim to go about their business, yet little do they know the side effects of the post application are as similar had they refuaed to they relent.

Is that about the gist of it? :lol:

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Bolded bits are most troubling to me.

1. It shows you how ****ed the wage structure is. How is it that a club like us who don't have anyone near the 200K p/w in wages mark can come within touching distance of the wages of United who have 5 players over 200K p/w. Insane.

2. Club still horrified of the optics of selling players. This is one area where we really should be turning into a revenue stream. Under performing player? See you later. Transfer fee - yes please.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom