• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Perisic

Is Perisic too old?

• Total voters

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I’m not keen just because he’s a similar age to PEA and Özil. Even if he won’t decline immediately it’s a problem.

Having to replace three key players at the same time would be a struggle. We’ve got to be savvier with the latest news coming out from KSE today.

I’d wait for the summer, take the risk of EL football and get a younger player with resale value in then.

yeah resale value is key..The squad needs to become younger too, we really shouldn't be making these kinds of signings.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don't think he's as good as his rep. Solid player, does a bit of everything with good application, like Ramsey. An upgrade on Ramsey imo, but not by enough to get super excited about if he ended up here. I'd still take him and I would like him here.

Never really rated Perisic.
Well I've seen him only once playing for inter and he was quite good, can't remember which game but he scored and assisted I think. I'd say that's probably not enough to make a judgement on a player but if he somehow manages to pull the performances I saw on the World Cup, then I'd say his acquisition is really a no brainer.
If we can somehow manage a swap with Özil, I'd take every punt on it especially since the latter allegedly can't play the Emery way and has been a liability in most games defensively.

Regarding the age argument, it really would be somehow difficult to replace four important players in a short period of time assuming we keep hold of Özil and Micki while acquiring him at the same time. I feel the smartest thing to do now would be to look for swap deals for both Micki and Özil if we can! If somehow we can manage to get Perisic in and Özil/Micki the other way especially the latter, then somehow convince Juve to take Ramsey this January and in return give us Benatia, that would be tremendous piece of business for me especially cos we are short on funds.
You guys all know my love for Zaha though, so if anything we do this January then would get in the way of acquiring him in the summer then I'd pass.

I really feel we are due for one, two or more of our academy prospects really coming good. If that concides with the need to replace our current stars then we'd be a lucky lot! So many ifs though, and we know how ifs work at Arsenal!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If it's a loan and option to buy, thats absolutely perfect. Sell him the dream then bin the 40 year old. Good business.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Dx1hlG7XQAAcZ0Z.jpg

FFS. :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Very good winger if we manage to get him. 11 goals 11 assists last season he had amazing World Cup. And very good workrate fit emery plans

Latest posts+

Top Bottom