• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Perisic

Is Perisic too old?

• Total voters

swider

No idea about that, has any journo mentioned that?

Yep. It was rumoured to be a main reason for us not giving a new contract to Ramsey. Apparently Özil's contract created a bit of a problem for us as the new rules do not allow the clubs to increase the ammount they spent on salaries by more than 7% or something like this, unless the money is generated by player sells or new comercial deals.

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The wages are not the problem atm, the club just doesn't want to take the obligations to buy without knowing our summer transfer budget (which depends on the CL qualification). Perisic/Carrasco could give us a huge boost in the CL fight, but now it will be a coin toss. We'll go for a winger in the summer anyway, but I don't think we'll get a better player than Perisic (a better investment - maybe). Really wanted Perisic over Carrasco, I'd rather buy a guy who genuinely wants to come here than a guy who just wants to leave China for any club.
But like say yes said, I have no idea why we came for an Inter's starter (who hasn't been great, but still) without intentions to buy him, it looked a bit naive imo.

You're right about us not wanting to be obligated to buy in the summer but you're wrong about wages not being the problem, they are! We cant buy any players this window because our wage bill is so high. Loaned players wages don't count because they don't have a permanent contract. Wages are the reason we are in this loan only mess, so don't say there're not the problem!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The wages are categorically not the problem: we offered a loan where we will pay the entirety of Perisic’s wages.

The problem is that the board won’t commit to an obligation to buy Perisic in the summer for about £25m. Which is ridiculous given his quality, the decent price, and our lack of any wide options in the squad.

You're wrong too. Loaned players wages don't count for FFP because they don't have a permanent contract. We can afford the wages yes, but only for loaned players. Us not wanting an obligation to buy is a separate issue. For what its worth, I agree we should have risked it for Perisic.

say yes

forum master baiter
You're wrong too. Loaned players wages don't count for FFP because they don't have a permanent contract. We can afford the wages yes, but only for loaned players. Us not wanting an obligation to buy is a separate issue. For what its worth, I agree we should have risked it for Perisic.

Perisic’s wages / FFP aren’t an issue with a loan deal, which is what this always was.

Accept that they would have been relevant on a permanent January transfer but that has never been on the cards here.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
You're right about us not wanting to be obligated to buy in the summer but you're wrong about wages not being the problem, they are! We cant buy any players this window because our wage bill is so high. Loaned players wages don't count because they don't have a permanent contract. Wages are the reason we are in this loan only mess, so don't say there're not the problem!
wtf, loaned players wages don't count :lol:
we can't buy any players because we don't have money to pay the full price right now, in the Perisic case we didn't want an obligation to buy and were looking for a deal which would allow us not to buy him 6 months later, and Inter didn't fall for that.

ClubLevel

Only Arsenal can start a transfer window with promise/hope and then the end game ends up with Fraser or Perisic. Will be begging for either when its deadline day and we have no signings.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Great this website doesn't mention from where they did get this if it's from info then it's BS.

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?

e84eFoF.jpg

We go again.

Top Bottom