• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Perisic

Is Perisic too old?

• Total voters

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
She's very good. And of course in this case a duet with the legendary Ray Charles (he did the song in 1967).

But hey, I'm a bit of a hippie myself (the original 1960s/70s kind). :D
:D Ray Charles...haven't heard a lot of him to be honest, but like the popular tunes. Still, legendary singer.

who would you pick out of Perisic or Carrasco?

I'll go for Perisic as he has been in Europe. But Carrasco probably is the safer bet for resale.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I'll go for Perisic as he has been in Europe. But Carrasco probably is the safer bet for resale.

I would have taken Perisic in January because he made perfect sense as a veteran who might have helped drag Arsenal into the top 4. But now I'd go with Carrasco. He's cheaper, younger and basically the same player (earlier in the thread I linked something I found that overlaid the analytic profile of the two players over their past four seasons in Europe -- leaving out China for Carrasco -- and they were virtually identical).

At 25, Carrasco is just entering his prime and has a chance to get a lot better. At 30, Perisic is beginning what is likely to be the back side of his career. Chances are his play will gradually diminish over the next couple of seasons. So give me the guy with upside.

(By the way, did you see the biopic where Jamie Foxx won the Oscar for playing Ray Charles? Great performance.)

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I would have taken Perisic in January because he made perfect sense as a veteran who might have helped drag Arsenal into the top 4. But now I'd go with Carrasco. He's cheaper, younger and basically the same player (earlier in the thread I linked something I found that overlaid the analytic profile of the two players over their past four seasons in Europe -- leaving out China for Carrasco -- and they were virtually identical).

At 25, Carrasco is just entering his prime and has a chance to get a lot better. At 30, Perisic is beginning what is likely to be the back side of his career. Chances are his play will gradually diminish over the next couple of seasons. So give me the guy with upside.

(By the way, did you see the biopic where Jamie Foxx won the Oscar for playing Ray Charles? Great performance.)
Yeah, just hope it doesn't end up like Tevez.

I didn't but love Jamie Foxx. Will check it out. Thank you for the recommendation

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom