• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Perisic

Is Perisic too old?

• Total voters

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Allows Özil to focus on creating and Iwobi as a bench option, where he often looks more threatening imo.
I wouldn't be surprised if this move sees Lacazette move to the bench, with Iwobi/Perisic either side of Auba.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Ffs, 40m £, not going to like this. Seriously, for that cash you are close to a ready- & future-made winger. Or even better, go for Zaha for a bit more and you know what you are going to get.

No risk and great resell value as he is still rather young.

No way Inter is agreeing on a deal with option to buy. Only an obligation to buy, really

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't be surprised if this move sees Lacazette move to the bench, with Iwobi/Perisic either side of Auba.

Probably what will happen (i’ll be fuming) although If we get Suarez and not Nkunku I reckon it might be Suarez instead of Iwobi.

Reactions: A_G

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

How can people be turning their noses at Perisic when we have Alex Iwobi and Mkhitaryan as our main wide players?

Mind boggling to say the least.

Would he ineligible for the Europa League?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Ornstein's full article:
Arsenal have made an approach to sign Inter Milan winger Ivan Perisic.

The Gunners want to seal a loan move for the 29-year-old for the rest of the season, with an option to buy him in the summer for £35m.

Croatia international Perisic signed a new five-year contract in September 2017 to extend his stay with the Italian club until 2022.

However, it is understood he is open to leaving the San Siro after joining from Wolfsburg in 2015.

Perisic has scored 34 goals in 142 appearances for Inter, finding the net three times in 25 games this term. He previously played for Borussia Dortmund and Club Brugge.

Arsenal's original plan for the January transfer window was to secure loan deals for a versatile midfielder and a winger.

For the midfield role, they remain keen on Barcelona's Denis Suarez and Christopher Nkunku of Paris St-German.

They see Perisic as a leading option to add width to Unai Emery's squad.

It is unclear whether injuries to Rob Holding, Hector Bellerin, Laurent Koscielny and Sokratis Papadopoulos will see them attempt to bring in defensive reinforcements.

However, the problem that forced Sokratis off the field in Friday's FA Cup defeat by Manchester United in not thought to be serious.

HBL

Established Member
Can't see it, Lacazette is crucial. I'll be annoyed if that happens.
How can people be turning their noses at Perisic when we have Alex Iwobi and Mkhitaryan as our main wide players?

Mind boggling to say the least.

Would he ineligible for the Europa League?
They changed that rule, so no

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
People still moaning about his age despite it being an option to buy rather than an obligation. Good grief. Let him help Arsenal get top 4 or Europa League and then if he needs to go to a nursing home in the summer and spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair so be it.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Ffs, 40m £, not going to like this. Seriously, for that cash you are close to a ready- & future-made winger. Or even better, go for Zaha for a bit more and you know what you are going to get.

No risk and great resell value as he is still rather young.

No way Inter is agreeing on a deal with option to buy. Only a obligation to buy, really

It’s only an option to buy. Sell him that dream then bring in Zaha in the summer.

Give them Özil the other way with an option to buy. That’s how Inter would agree.

A win for both parties.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
It’s only an option to buy. Sell him that dream then bring in Zaha in the summer.

Give them Özil the other way with an option to buy. That’s how Inter would agree.

A win for both parties.

That's what I 100% rule out at that point, but, of course, always happy to be proven wrong.
Why would Inter agree on such a deal without obligation, I mean, of course we try, we would be dumb not to, but they'll quickly change it to obligation.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Carrasco to Gelson Martins and now Perisic. At least we’ve identified that we’re lacking pace out wide.

I think we’ll bring a wide player in this window.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Get it done. How much did we need a wide man willing to take on his man and put the ball in or take a shot?

He is exactly what we need.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
That would make too much sense. Isn't Vrsaljko on loan at Inter though?

Lacazette
Perisic - Özil - Aubameyang
Xhaka - Torreira
The Rest
Would be decent, just need Özil to play and play well when he does.

Half season loan for Perisic, Vrsaljko and Benatia...surely can’t be beyond the realms of possibility?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

That's what I 100% rule out at that point, but, of course, always happy to be proven wrong.
Why would Inter agree on such a deal without obligation, I mean, of course we try, we would be dumb not to, but they'll quickly change it to obligation.

Some dodgy deals have happened between Italian clubs in the past. There could be something in this, if we send someone else the other way.

Hopefully it’s Mustafi. They had interest in him previously.

Top Bottom