• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"i've not been able to play my first 11 since 2004&quot

sabret00the

Established Member
apparently that's what Wenger said, according to some snitch on talksport.

he also said baptista was too fat and that senderos was mentally gone since the cup final.

Jkreffer

Established Member
Probably explains why Senderos hasn't featured for the last three months. If we agree that...

Lehmann
Eboue Toure Gallas Clichy
Hleb Fabregas Gilberto Rosicky
RvP Henry

...is his ideal starting eleven, has there actually been a game this season where we have had a chance to field this team?

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Re: "i've not been able to play my first 11 since 2004&

sabret00the said:

he also said baptista was too fat and that senderos was mentally gone since the cup final.

On real madrid tv i was watching last seasons games and Baptista was much more slimmer. Looked a different person weight wise. Was also a bit more quicker.

ohboy!!!

sabret00the said:

Yeah, I heard that on Talksport as well.

I fully agree. All these other managers cry constantly about one or two injuries, yet we have had almost meltdown on the injury front for 2 1/2 years running. The buck stops with the medical team.

Baptista is obvious, Wenger said at the start of the season. that Baptista "needed to get his fitness up", and he still runs out of puff after 60 minutes or so, and his touch and balance is awful. He can do much better.

As for Senderos, it is obvious to anyone who is not blind. The fact that Gilberto was played at CB, with Phil on the bench is alarming. Some players are very weak mentally, and Senderos typifies this. Why is it, everytime he has faced Drogba, he goes to pieces? I mean, most players have someone who they find it difficult to play against, but every single time?
It is not that Drogba is that good, hell this is first good season for Chelsea, it is that Senderos has some sort of mental crisis when he faces him.

The fact that the boss has left him out since the Blackburn game, says more than else's opinion on him.

jester

Established Member
Last game of the season V Leicester was our last full strength.
Since then we had vieira out for a long time, as was gilberto. Then cole/campbell, henry etc etc

Biggus

Established Member

ohboy!!! said:
Why is it, everytime he has faced Drogba, he goes to pieces? I mean, most players have someone who they find it difficult to play against, but every single time?
It is not that Drogba is that good, hell this is first good season for Chelsea, it is that Senderos has some sort of mental crisis when he faces him.

Most central defenders and some with a lot more experiance than Senderos have trouble with Drogba.

morpho

Established Member
the only new thing here must be the fact that Senderos wasnt mentaly unstabile before the cup final... :whistling

but surely there has to be some kind off investigations about why our players get injured this much... is it the amount of training? or the kind of training? maybe our players doesnt hav good enough equipment? I mean wasnt vPersies injury "caused" by his boots?

sabret00the

Established Member

Biggus said:
ohboy!!! said:
Why is it, everytime he has faced Drogba, he goes to pieces? I mean, most players have someone who they find it difficult to play against, but every single time?

Most central defenders and some with a lot more experiance than Senderos have trouble with Drogba.
indeed on talk sport they made a point to note that the likes of most first team defenders don't come through to the first team till much later than senderos.

that said i've always thought that senderos's biggest problem was that he was too easily dropped. he needs to be put back in the saddle quicker.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Talking of 2004, Sky classics before was our game vs Leeds from that year, the one where Henry was unplayable and scored four.

It brought back just how brilliant we were, only three years ago. Where has it all gone so wrong?!

Our defence was solid with Sol, Vieira in the middle, Bob and Wiltord on the wings and Den and Henry upfront. Edu, Reyes (when people thought he was good), Parlour on the bench. What a f'ing team.

Why did Wenger feel the need to break that team up so quickly? It should have won a lot more than it did.

The likes of Hleb, Adebayor, Baptista, Senderos would not have gotten within a million miles of that team.

Was depressing watching really. Nice of them to put Anfield 89 on aswell to cheer me up though!

famous no 10

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Talking of 2004, Sky classics before was our game vs Leeds from that year, the one where Henry was unplayable and scored four.

It brought back just how brilliant we were, only three years ago. Where has it all gone so wrong?!

Our defence was solid with Sol, Vieira in the middle, Bob and Wiltord on the wings and Den and Henry upfront. Edu, Reyes (when people thought he was good), Parlour on the bench. What a f'ing team.

Why did Wenger feel the need to break that team up so quickly? It should have won a lot more than it did.

The likes of Hleb, Adebayor, Baptista, Senderos would not have gotten within a million miles of that team.

Was depressing watching really. Nice of them to put Anfield 89 on aswell to cheer me up though!

Yup, the unbeaten season was as near to perfect football as anyone can ever get, and the most entertaining football ever in the English league, in my honest opinion.

I'm pretty sure the likes of chelski hijacked Wengers game plan...where he probably thought he would be adding players like Essian etc to the squad when others moved on, suddenly that isn't an option, and he's had to step back and play the "long game" with youth, etc.

...and '89... :)

lee1001

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
RockyRocastle said:

Yup, the unbeaten season was as near to perfect football as anyone can ever get, and the most entertaining football ever in the English league, in my honest opinion.

I'm pretty sure the likes of chelski hijacked Wengers game plan...where he probably thought he would be adding players like Essian etc to the squad when others moved on, suddenly that isn't an option, and he's had to step back and play the "long game" with youth, etc.

...and '89... :)

That is so true. At the time Chelsea were near administration, Pool were average and It was really United or Us for the title every year. Wenger was talking at the time about a shift in power and without Abramavich im sure we would have gone on to dominate the premiership.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:

Precisely what my mate was saying after the Chelsea game last week. He kept going on how much we've fallen since 2004..not being able to beat a 10 man Chelsea team on our own turf.

Linson

I always thought the most shocking thing was when at one point we had all those defenders out for so long last season and Sp**s had the cheek to complain when they had that food poisoning incident. If only they knew, I would have swapped one games worth of 10 players out rather than half the season. Pft.

Grampus_Eight

Sad as that team didn't win all it was capable of achieving and we had to hold onto the title. Injuries and too small a squad were mostly to blame.

Wage bill got too high and b/c of it goodbye to SuperBob, Cole, Edu, Lauren - all of whom under better circumstances would still be contributing.

Their departures and a few busts like Jeffers, Reyes and let's face it - for the money at least, Hleb have made a lot of the points difference the last couple of seasons.

Easy to look back in hindsight, but if we'd made an earlier move for Essien/Diarra or Eto'o from Mallorca, these last two years in the league would never have been half as difficult.

Linson

I think its always hard to blame injuries when your at this level but when you say you havent been able to field your first choice XI for this long then I think its acceptable! I dont think you can hang onto what ifs an such though. Despite the major negatives this season there are still some positives at least.

Latest posts

Top Bottom